PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday

Monique
February 6th, 2015, 08:06 AM

Good morning friends. I am still on the sick list. This bug is nasty, a combination flu/cold. Hubby is sick right along side of me. I think this is the first time both of us have been sick at the same time.

My stomach muscles are so sore from coughing and I have given myself a sore throat because of all the coughing. I lay on the couch all day yesterday and dozed.

Today I have a mammogram and I am supposed to meet with a lady to do some paperwork for our charitable donation number. I will arrive with a mask on and hopefully it won't take too long.

I was supposed to go to Phil's on Sunday but I don't think I will be well enough to go. I would hate to give them this bug.

Have a great day friends. I promise not to pass this bug onto you.

MayinJerset
February 6th, 2015, 08:46 AM
Monique, It certainly isn't a Good Morning for you - rest as much as you can.

Today's lunch for 6 is now down to 3 as 3 gals cancelled yesterday because of deaths in the family or friends. Not a good week for friends and family. On the brighter side it hasn't snowed or iced over in a few day and DH and I did meet friends for lunch on Wednesday.

Time for coffee, now that's always Good News. 100345

Jean Sewing Machine
February 6th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Good morning! Monique, you are a brave girl to get out of your sickbed to start the morning post! I hope you and the hubs can start to feel better soon, but it sounds like you've got it bad! So sorry to hear it!

I've been on a tear to make more bow tucks bags for display for some friends. I started another one today after waking up really early. I do much better if I get moving in the morning, if I don't get on my daily tasks early, I tend to get in the " sloth" mode, move slowly and don't get much accomplished.

Weather here promises to be very springlike this weekend! That will be very nice for a change! Hope everyone has a great day!

Ginny B
February 6th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday! But, oh Monique, sorry to hear you and your dh are feeling so sick. Maybe you shouldn't go out of the house today. Change your appointments, rest and drink plenty of fluids.

Pretty cold here this morning. The word for the day is "layers". We are supposed to go to a friends in Queens for dinner tomorrow night but parking is difficult enough in his neighborhood and there are lots of piles of snow still hanging around in the street so I am thinking we may postpone. Don't want to have to try to dig out someplace to park -- especially since it is going to be quite frozen. Maybe more snow coming in a couple days too.

Well, Jean, I am like you, if I don't get moving pretty quick in the morning, I get a whole lot less accomplished. So, that being said, I'm going to get moving along and get some things done before heading to work. I want to get a couple of blocks done on my lattice quilt before heading out.

Have a great day everyone.

Iris Girl
February 6th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Morning all. Monique hope you and hubby feel better soon. It is below COLD here today at -6 as I type. I am so ready for spring. Work today and tomorrow.I also need to move first thing or the laziness sets in. Layers is just the word for today.100346

Andrea F
February 6th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Good morning everybody :)

Monique, I am sorry you are still sick and your hubby along with you. Feel better soon!

I have nothing really planned for today other than doing some laundry. I didn't have to go to work and spent the morning doing a few chores (1:30 pm here). I really need to wash my windows but it's too cold outside. But the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day.

I am not a morning person at all although I also get much more accomplished if I get going early. DH is doing home office today and that adds to me not getting started in the morning. Feels like vacation or weekend when we are both home during the day.

I have a smaller sewing machine in my bedroom right under the window and I think I'll take advantage of the light there and sew a bit on smaller projects. I have a few to finish and they all include black which is much easier to sew with natural light these days. I might need glasses...

May, I hope you have a nice lunch in spite of the sad reason for your friends to cancel.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Bubby
February 6th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Morning Everyone,

Monique, I'm sorry to hear your and DH are both down at the same time. That makes it a double hardship. Drink lots of fluids and stay warm. I recommend changing your appointments and staying home. There were 70 (that's more than half) absences in the elementary school in our town yesterday. It seems everyone everywhere has the crud that's going around. It's nothing to take lightly because everyone I know have relapsed from it at least once.

Dottie woke me at 4 needing to go outside. After that jolt of cold air I couldn't get back to sleep. Jeff will be awake in a little while and my day will officially begin. I've been washing my hands so much lately trying not to get sick and using hand sanitizer at the hospital that my hands are so dry they're splitting at the ends...miserable. It hurts to type.

Today is Jeff's birthday (#54). I bought him a birthday balloon arrangement yesterday but doubt I will have time to bake a cake. I may run to town and pick something up. We don't have a bakery here other than at the small grocery store.

I love the new tutorial and will make it when I get time to sew again. My MIL would love it in the fabric Jenny used in the tutorial.

Wishing everyone a great Friday.

MRoy
February 6th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Good morning! Monique, I hope you and your DH feel better soon. I've got a terrible head/sinus cold. I'm hoping I went thru the worst of it last night and today will be a little better. No sewing here yesterday and there might not be any today. The baby shower quilt needs binding, but since I won't be attending the shower while sick, I've got more time to finish it.

I hope everyone has a good day!

buckeyequilter
February 6th, 2015, 09:49 AM
http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p346/diintx_album/happydance25255B125255D.gif

.....and that's all I have for today!

Mpyles
February 6th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Good morning! Monique, sorry to hear you are still under the weather. Feel better soon!! Fluids!! May have a great luncheon, sorry that others have to cancel for sad reasons.

Yesterday I took the paper piecing class....I can just say I love it!! I'll post my little project soon. Think I will be ok for the class next weekend. I work today so I better get moving myself! Everyone have a great day!

Shirley
February 6th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Monique,
So sorry to hear you are both sick! Get well soon!

RockinLou
February 6th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Happy Friday!! I have LOTS of work work to do this weekend... But first things first... I'm going to piece a quilt block tonight, with some coffee in hand, after the kids go to bed. I just need some sewing time!!

We were supposed to have DDs birthday party today but it was pushed back after FluGate 2015 so I'm hoping for a restful weekend for all of us. I wish I could use magic for groceries this week again!!

Monique, rest and feel better soon!!

Sandy Navas
February 6th, 2015, 10:27 AM

It's way too early for me to know what's happening around here today.

Sending everyone good health, strength to carry on, promises of some sunshine, and a sackful of happiness dust.

WendyI
February 6th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Monique and Myrna so sorry to hear you are under the weather. People are dropping like flies around here also. Nasty bug going that's for sure. Feel better soon.

I went to look at new cars last night. I drive a Toyota Tundra 4x4 right now. We bought it to tow our trailer which we won't obviously be doing anymore and will be selling the trailer, so I have no need of such a massive vehicle...never mind the gas it guzzles. I lease the truck so have to break that...which I'm sure will cost me. Wanted an Elantra or a Sonata but the dealer won't do much for me on the truck so my payments are almost as high as the truck. Tomorrow I'm going to Toyota to see what they have and what they will do for me. It's not so much fun doing it by myself and I don't know a whole lot about the process so as to avoid getting ripped off....but not much I can do about it.

House inspection tomorrow morning...hope it goes off okay.

Have an awesome day all....(((HUGS))) all around. xox

Mom23
February 6th, 2015, 10:44 AM
My "to-do" for today is growing and growing. My plan was to spend the day in my sewing room but I don't think that will happen until tonight. I started restoring a very old quilt for a friend and can't wait to get it done and out of there. I repaired holes in the original quilt, then added borders with 30's reproduction fabric on all 4 sides. I'm hand quilting the borders now, which is taking forever. I need to learn to say no when asked to do something like this again!

It's a great day in Central Illinois. Blue skies, sunshine, and around 40 degrees! It will be a good day to run all my errands!

songbird857
February 6th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Morning all-
IT IS - 10 DEGREES!!!
.... and more snow coming this weekend..... I just want to sew :)
Happy Friday everyone.

Amy R
February 6th, 2015, 11:12 AM
I'm pretty excited for the weekend! Hubby popped in this morning with a special message: guess who's going machine shopping this weekend!!!! Yayy!
He's been dying to get back to Jungle Jim's grocery in Cincinatti so that's on the list too as long as Soph is still doing well. I'm taking the cloth cart topper thing she had when she was a wee one and lots of hand sanitizer.
I know her illness came from Golden corral... filthy kids who were sick touching all the food and God knows what else. Hubby caught a kid sticking his finger in every mini cupcake I can just imagine how much food was touched without eyes on it. Gross, and I will never go there again.
Hope everyone starts feeling better. We've been trying to catch up on rest to fight off the bugs from the hospital. We're still pretty wore out from that and the stress/fear/anxiety. It's been a crappy week, but there were worse cases there so at the end of the day it's going to be ok.
I am praying for the two little twins that were playing in the hallway in cars set up with their iv poles... they BOTH have cancer.

I pray for all of you, and send hugs and support. My day wouldn't be right anymore without you ladies and gents.
Oh, and enjoy the weekend as much as you can!!

Simply Quilting
February 6th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Good Morning! I'm working on trying to get myself motivated to get everything done on the To Do List before this evening. The weekend is booked and so is part of next week so everything has to get done today. I've been up but it is kinda chilly so I took the laptop and went back under the covers. The kitty is curled up sleeping beside me so sweetly.

This morning I've worked on figuring out what fabric I want to use to make the latest tutorial. I must say that I am thankful for the white fabric samples that were part of our Fall Forum treat favors last year. I think Jean was the one who made them for us. I had in mind which white I was wanting to use but it was out of stock so I pulled out the samples and found the shade of white that I wanted from a different line.

Monique and Myrna, I hope that you both get feeling better soon.

Barb, tell Jeff Happy Birthday.

Amy, have fun shopping.

Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend everyone :)

rebeccas-sewing
February 6th, 2015, 11:50 AM
I'd forgotten what 35 degrees feels like!!! Joe needed to walk over to the office this afternoon and since I need exercise I walked with him. I came back with icy ears and nose and numb lips. hahaha This cup of hot tea sure tastes good. Get well soon folks! Sounds like a number of you are under the weather.

Carrie J
February 6th, 2015, 12:37 PM

NOT before coffee anyway! WooHoo, and sunshine to boot, Springtime temps here for the next 4 days! Happy Day and weekend everyone! Hugs-n-Blessings to all, especially those that need them!

toggpine
February 6th, 2015, 02:31 PM
We are securely in the grips of the pineapple express here this winter. 24 hours of continuous rain with more rain before that. They are predicting more rain for today and possibly a little less tomorrow. Ugh. It doesn't have to even be sunny. I'd just take not raining for part of the daylight hours.

Sorry to hear so many of you are feeling icky. Been there, done that already this winter. Our sinus infections headed straight to the ears around here. Don't monkey around, make sure you see the Dr. if the snot locker has any colorful occupants. Yellow & green mean not good things!

On the farm front, we are expecting baby goats to arrive in about 3 weeks. I think Folly might be regretting her first pregnancy at nearly 6 years old. She's been pretty quiet since we found her and brought her back home. The last week or so she'll stand at the barn door and hum at me. She's also not wanting to get up out of her cozy pile of straw so much either! Poor thing.
Eve, then new farm dog, is doing OK. She'd still really rather be a house dog I think. The goats are beginning to accept her being in their barn. Now to get them to accept her being in their pen/pasture. She's not overly interested in them, which is OK. Much better than her deciding to use them as play toys or a snack. We have prevented her from digging out of her pen, but who is to say she won't jump/dig the fence. She is sooo sweet. I'd let her in the house, but she's 30" at the shoulder, and when she lifts her head that makes her about 3'! Nothing would be safe from her reach on the counter or the sweep of her tail. Right now she smells pretty stinky and my bathroom would never be the same if I tried giving her a bath. Not to mention that it would take two days for her to dry out her double coat. Oh well. It's just day two, so she still has plenty of time to adjust. Worst case scenario: We have to find her a new home where she can be a nanny to a couple of children with a family that has a big secure yard. She loves Em and that is pretty mutual. Homework is getting done without complaint so we can go out and walk the dog. I may keep her for that reason alone!

Probably no sewing today as I have a couple of errands this morning, an appointment here at the farm by noon, and then the Hands On Art class to teach at the school this afternoon. Sewing may have to wait until this evening after homework and dog walking!
Big hugs to all! Now lets find at least one person to make smile today!
Cathy

toggpine
February 6th, 2015, 02:47 PM
It's not so much fun doing it by myself and I don't know a whole lot about the process so as to avoid getting ripped off....but not much I can do about it.

Yes there is!
I bought a book on how to buy a new car. It was back in the late 90's but the process is still the same. I just went looking for it, and think I loaned it to my sister. Anyhow, they do make them. You can check Barnes & Noble or even the library (cheaper!) for them. READ them! It really helped me when I went in. I was able to recognize their sales tactics. I also knew what the car cost them and how much profit they should reasonably expect. (They have to make some.)
The other BIG thing was to go to your bank or credit union first. See what they can do for you in the way of financing before you deal with the car dealerships. They may be able to help you more, or give you good advice on how to deal with breaking/shifting the lease.
One of our dealerships took travel trailers in on trade for vehicles, etc. Check that out too. You may save yourself the hassle of selling it and have a decent chunk for a down payment. Know how much the blue book is on it BEFORE you try this though. They will try to low ball you. You will have to take a percent less than blue book, again, because they will have to make some profit, but don't let it be too much.
Remember, although they are 'nice', these people are not your friends. You can be demanding and DO NOT be afraid to get up and walk away if you are not hearing what you want.

You can do this! We all have confidence in you! Go for it!
Hugs from all of us here on the farm!

Monique
February 6th, 2015, 03:05 PM
I am back home and getting ready for a nap. Fever is back 100.3 (not drastic), just enough to make my eyes burn. I wore a mask everywhere I was today, even the grocery stores. One comment: Oh you must be sick!! Response: No I love to wear these masks, it is the new style. I did have people thank me without stupid comments being made.

So have a great day friends. See you later.

Panda
February 6th, 2015, 03:10 PM
I am back home and getting ready for a nap. Fever is back 100.3 (not drastic), just enough to make my eyes burn. I wore a mask everywhere I was today, even the grocery stores. One comment: Oh you must be sick!! Response: No I love to wear these masks, it is the new style. I did have people thank me without stupid comments being made.

So have a great day friends. See you later.
Monique, I am so sorry you are sick. I hope you get well very fast.

Hugs,
Kathy

Monique
February 6th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Thanks Kathy. I am not sick like this very often, thank goodness.

inspired
February 7th, 2015, 12:27 AM
Monique; Only in Canada eh!!!! Hope you are better soon!