PDA

View Full Version : Hacking of Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Anyone else affected?

JCY
February 5th, 2015, 10:52 PM
I got an e-m this a.m. from Anthem about this. It was the lead story on the CBS evening news. Anthem is our health insurance carrier. Apparently millions are affected. This is a huge security breach. Keeping my fingers crossed that we won't be negatively impacted or our info. hasn't been stolen. Anyone else have Anthem as their insurance?

yeeehawterri
February 5th, 2015, 11:00 PM
I do. Got the email this morning and a big memo at work. Will be interesting to see how things shake out. They say they will provide identity protection for everyone impacted, but for how long? Waiting to see if I'm in the group that was compromised, and wondering when we'll know.

meliswan
February 5th, 2015, 11:26 PM
We also have Anthem. DH got an email from work, but not from Anthem.

MRoy
February 6th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Both DH and I have Anthem insurance. I got an e-mail about the breach this morning. Just waiting to see if either or both of us are affected.

Lightwriter
February 9th, 2015, 01:04 AM
I had Anthem until about two years ago. They say former people are affected also. Around here some people are getting phishing emails claiming to offer you identity protection, but it is just a scam. We are being warned not to respond as it an attempt to get more info. Nothing is safe any more.

Anthem here had said nothing will be sent via email.

rebeccas-sewing
February 9th, 2015, 07:37 AM
Any site that shows up in my email that I don't recognize gets deleted. It's scary.

Midge
February 9th, 2015, 05:00 PM
Just read a newspaper article stating Anthem has NOT sent out emails. This is a phishing scam. Delete it and don't click on it. Anthem says it will send letters by US Mail.