PDA

View Full Version : Friday

Blondie
September 9th, 2011, 06:58 AM

Good Morning and Happy Friday everyone!

I had to double check to make sure it was Friday. I mean do you ever wake up, sort of in a fog and wonder, what day is this, who am I and why am I here? Dang, Sandy, I didn't even crack open the Irish Creme or Tia Maria last night!

Okay, so once I realized it was Friday, my brain sluggishly moved a few gears and I started thinking of who the first client of the day is. Good thing I am smart enough to book smiling, happy folksies early.

The mornings and evenings here have been quite pleasant! Almost chilly but not quite sweater weather. Oh how I love impending autumn.

Okay everyone, smile. It's Friday. I smile bigger on Saturdays.

meemeecyn
September 9th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Happy Friday, Everyone! Love your picture, Blondie. You described the feeling that goes with that look perfectly!

Hope the day is good to ya'll. Keep on sewing!
Cynthia

Bubby
September 9th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Good Morning Everyone....Yes, it's Friday again. It's extremely cool here - almost time to put on socks! One of the best days of every year for me is the day it's cool enough to wear my flannel pajamas! We're not quite there yet, but I feel it coming. If I was a child, this would me a whiny day, so I'm planning on spending it in my sewing room with Molly cuddled up on the daybed to keep me company. Yes, she came home with us yesterday.

I wish you all a fantastic Friday. I may check in later....Hugs, Barb

Shirley
September 9th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Happy and Blessed weekend to you Blondie and all my quilty friends. The cooler weather is soo wonderful. We have had it with those 100 degree days! I don't like winter but love this fall weather.

toggpine
September 9th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Hi everybody!

We are headed for some hot weather(90's) for the next few days. Summer is finally catching up with us. A little late to really help the garden, but we will at least get a few green beans! It is very dry here now. Not as bad as TX, but we are having all kinds of brush fires and there are several sizable forest fires burning here too. The pastures that looked green for so long are gone now too. Thankfully I have the hay in the barn!
My back& hip are much better. I must have re-adjusted things on my own.
The first week of Kindergarten went really well. She was NOT happy about having to leave 30 minutes early to go to her speech therapy appointment. She missed P.E. It was like I had told her she was never, ever going back to school. I am happy that she loves it so much, and the reports are that she is doing very well. Her first day in music class was a bit rough. She has an FM system that the teacher uses to talk straight into her hearing aids. This is great when there is a lot of ambient classroom noise and Em would have trouble picking out the teacher's instruction over the other sounds. Apparently the music teacher had the FM system on when she started belting out a song, and made Emily cry because it was so loud. The music teacher, to her credit, quickly figured out a better placement for the microphone, and things have gone much better. I think they forget that they have a direct line to the inside of her head, AND that the hearing aids amplify every sound, not just the ones she has trouble hearing. I hope she continues to love going to school, it makes it so much easier.
I am needing to be a busy girl today, so I'll probably check in here later this evening to see what you have all been up to!
Happy sewing to those who can manage it, may your work day go quickly to those that have that blessing.
Cathy

Granny Judy
September 9th, 2011, 01:19 PM
It's around 64 F. here but no Frost on the Pumpkins yet. Looks like it could happen any day now. Leaves are falling off the trees. No rush to get anything done with cleaning projects for me. I just slow down when it gets colder.. and hybernate in the winter..

Awaiting the postal to deliver a new sewing foot for me to try out.. suppose to make sewing curves the easiest ever...and with a definate 1/4 seam allowance. Yeah!! I'll use that baby on everything.. having seam problems here and hope this tool solves it.

I've developed that "tick" my Mom and Gram used to have when they got older. I can be sewing along when a "jerk" of my hand happens. I saw it in them but it didn't stop them from sewing and making great looking quilts. I am lucky to live in this age of technology where I have access to these NEAT tools!! They just plunged forward like it was a normal thing. Mom's fine motor movements got so bad that she gave up sewing when she was in her late 50's.. Never did get a cause from the doctor's. Just the Standard line... "she's not getting any younger. Stuff happens with age." I'm almost 70, so I figure I will OUTLIVE this, too.

I saw that Heart Pattern made with squares in someones avatar and It has me drooling with I "wanna do that"... so awating a jelly roll delivery to see If I can Make It Happen. Hugs and happy week-end to you...

Loonwatcher
September 9th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Oh Blondie, where did you get that picture of me. I felt just that way this morning. TGIF!

Barb - I've been wearing socks all summer - it's very cold in my office building.

Cathy - glad you hip and back are better and that Em is doing well in school (dispite the bumps).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and weekend.

oldgurl4
September 9th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Oooo-Eeeeee..... I made it for LUCH TIME!

Hello Everyone... hope you are having and EZ day today.

NICE PIC ~Blondie~ Had to Borrow it!...LOL

~Bubby~ Plz send us some of your nice weather here in Miami...It's Just SCORCHING HUMID and not to mention the SUN! Aaauuugghghhh!!!!

I've been keeping BZ all Week... Cleaning out Sewing Room making way for My New Toy(Big Shot Pro)
Just waiting on one more Item to arrive by Mail and I'm set to start cutting....WELL!! Actually start turning the handle...heee-hee ... minor DETAILS!!

You all have a good FRIDAY.....

TTYL

HandsOffItsMine
September 9th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Aloha all and TGIF,

Sipping my first cup of Joe delivered by hubby. :D

Blondie and Jan: Thanks for your wishes. Fibro and migraines sometimes get the best of me. Feeling a lot better today. Yeah!

Cathy: Glad Emmie is enjoying school and that she has good teachers that are attentive.

Bubby: Give Molly a hug from us, we couldn't bring the pups with us as the complex is no pets. We knew we would miss them, but it's turning out to be harder than we thought. We can't feed the peacocks on the grounds, but they will follow you outside the gate and we feed them, chickens, wild dogs, wild pigs, mongoose, cardinals, myna birds every day. They are the closes to pets we'll have. We even have bought dog bisquits for the wild dogs and have given them names. lol

All who have to work today, have fun at what you do and remember...the evenings and weekend is for sewing, sewing, and sewing. Ok make sure you love your family, friends and pets in there somewhere too!

Ruby

janluna
September 9th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Hi everyone, I've been napping all day. My back and legs kept me up all night for the last few days. Joe says the kids should just ask me when it's good to have a picnic as I can tell the weather. grin. Today hasn't been so bad but we have more rain coming tomorrow and Sunday.
Blondie your picture of the baby made me laugh out loud! So cute.
Ruby, I have 3 friends that have Fibro so I know what you are going through. Feel better, I'm sending a prayer for healing your way.
Cathy, I'm glad your back feels better. Just be careful not to lift and twist too much. I know with your lifestyle thats not always easy but please be careful. My son had a hearing problem too. Only he heard too much. Noises drove him crazy. He has Asbergers and everything is heightened for him. When he was in school they put him in a class with only 10 students and a very soft spoken teacher who taught the kids how to filter out the loud sounds. And how to hone in on just the teacher. It was a God send. He changed over night. He has kept up with the ways she taught him and he gets along better now. Although he still has a hard time with loud crowds. So he stays away from them. And yet he always played his music loud. Go figure!!!
I am sending healing thoughts and prayers to everyone who needs them. Thank you for your prayers for my Emily. We're just taking it one step at a time.
Love, Hugs, and prayers for all, Jan L.

<\\\\\X

Txgrandma
September 9th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Hi everyone and Happy Friday for all. Blondie love your picture, looks just like I feel today. LOL Boy what a tired grandma I am today I have aches in places I didn't know I had. I guess it's a telltale sign of age and spending so much time sitting at the sewchine. Have not got one thing accomplished yet and it's almost 4 in the afternoon. Wednesday we went to Ft. Hood to help our son and DIL move, we arrived there at 1:30 and had almost everything packed up and ready to haul by 3:30. Took that load over to the trailer and went back for another when DIL got home from work. Within the two days we got everything they were taking to the trailer moved and left them with nothing except the things they are putting into storage. Very happy with the setup at the post RV Park. Daycare for granddaughter is right across the street, MP's patrol the park once every hour and the MP station is across the street also and it's also all fenced. Couldn't ask for more security for DIL and granddaughter while our son is in Afghanistan. It sure makes me thankful that I'm in a permanent place and never plan on moving myself again. Met a girl at the daycare that said she had moved 5 times in 4 years across country. Just one more thing that makes you appreciate our soldiers and their families even more. Our kids have been fortunate in that they have been in the same place for over two years and only 2 and 3 hours away from their parents.
Funny thing happened while we were there, our DIL is famous for scoping out new restaurants, she had heard of one called "The Twisted Kilt", had heard the food was great and nice atmosphere. So they thought they would take us but had never been themselves before. We walked in and the waitresses were wearing kilts, the two greeters at the entrance wore kilts that were a decent length so we didn't think anything about it, then we saw one of the waitresses come by and then another. DIL was sitting there and her eyes nearly popped out of her head. The two waitresses kilts were so short you could see half there backsides, then they turned around to face us and their shirts were tight and so low, well let's just say they left nothing to the imagination. DIL stood up and said we're leaving, this is not a place I'm taking my 3 year old daughter and definitely not my in-laws. She said I had been told the atmoshere was nice, but they didn't tell me it was for flooseys. We had already ordered a table and one of the waitresses was getting ready to take us to our table so my hubby said we could go ahead and stay this once. DIL said no, no, no, I'm embarrased, this is not a proper place to bring my in-laws or my daughter, and she was headed for the door we left and she couldn't quit apologizing for taking us there. We ended up going to a really good German place with great food they had already been to. She ended up the evening apologizing again and again and declaring she would never suggest another restaurant they had not checked out first. Hubby and I had a good chuckle over it and of course love her even more for having that kind of respect for us and especially our granddaughter. Our son has renamed the place and is calling it "The Nonexisting Twisted Kilt".
I must get off here and try to get something done. We are getting some relief from the heat the past few days, actually down to 66 yesterday morning, and not quite as hot in the afternoon either. I love the first cool day of the season, open all the windows, turn off the a/c and enjoy the fresh air. It feels like it may be just around the corner and I can't wait. Hope everyone has a great evening and weekend. Prayers and hugs for all.

Monique
September 9th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Well Friday will soon be over. Where has the week gone? I had meetings Tues and Wed. and a mammogram on Wed. Thumbs up, all good. Yesterday I decided to tackle the mystery table runner we were to make in another group. Turned out ok. Also had to make another thread catcher, I gave the other away to my DIL. Tried a block for the floral swap. Don't know if I like it or not. Did not turn out very good. I will have to sit on that one.

Husband is desparately to find a job. Was out again today. Keeping fingers crossed.

Well got to go make supper. You all have a nice evening and a fantastic weekend.

I will post pics later.

sally
September 9th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Monique...my fingers and toes are crossed for you hubby. Mary love your story about the restaurant. Ruby and
Jan hope you both feel better soon!
I am back from the Mountians and will be working out of my home office next week...well at least so far. Tried to convince my hubby we should convert one of our guests rooms into a bonified sewing room for me but that would mean finishing the floor in that room. Currently have indoor/outdoor carpet on the floor as it needs to be refinsihed. Previous owners actually glued carpet to the original 100 yr old fir floor. Can't use it as a sewing room because every thread etc would stick to that carpet. Sadly he is not cottoning to the idea as much as I would have hoped...I am getting the "we'll see" dialog and if you have children you know that really means no or at least not right now. :(

Well I am heading home.Have a great weekend everyone!

HandsOffItsMine
September 9th, 2011, 07:30 PM
I am getting the "we'll see" dialog and if you have children you know that really means no or at least not right now. :(

Thanks for the well wishes! Having a better day today! ; ) How about going to a thrift store and getting a big cheap rug to throw rug to throw on top at least it wouldn't be so hard to vacuum as indoor/outdoor. Plus you wouldn't have to wait on HIM. hehe.

HandsOffItsMine
September 9th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Jan, thanks for the healing prayers. It's nice to know others care. Know that you and your are in my prayers as well.

Wanted to tell you that I would love to create a custom name pieces for Emily, Sarah and Laura. If you can have mom send some photos of their rooms to me I can make some graphics in 8x10 format. I want to do them in the theme of each of their room. Each girl is so special in their own way. My e-mail is: rubylynnschmer@me.com

Mahalo, Ruby

HandsOffItsMine
September 9th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Monique, prayers for a job for Hubby. Know how touch that is for him and your family. DH was out of work for two years in CA, his company forced him into retirement after 21 years. Can't live on that in CA, found a condo in Makaha for $1000 including utilities, very small, but close to the beach and we have each other. : )

Today he got a call from a recruiter in Honolulu who found his resume on Monster since he updated it with his Hawaii address and has an interview next week for a civil estimator job. I so hope it works out! We can make it each month on unemployment out here, but it would be nice not to have to watch each penny.

Fluor Corp has projects in Quebec and Calgary, they are an engineering company. If your DH is in that field he can look on-line at www.fluor.com

Best wishes, Ruby