PDA

View Full Version : No quilting, but de-stashing

mamaquilt
February 5th, 2015, 02:41 PM
I made 2 "cases????" from old linen (leftovers), a couple of buttons, a piece of plastified cotton and some linen I'd colored for another project. I also used some embroidery cotton.

This case has got three departments and I used plastified cotton inside so a shampoo or something like that fits in it. I give it to one of my sisters. That's why I embroidered MFL on it, her initials. I cut the apples out, but I couldn't get a whole one, so I sewed different colors together.

This is a special one. It's part of a birthday present for my daughter in law, she turned 40 on Feb 5th. So we're going to put some money in it. She got an old VW car (1960) for her birthday in mint. So I choose those colors and that antik embroidery style. She's able to put the car papers in the case.

This year will be my destashing year. The next project is a quilt from my stash. Already started last night.

Sandy Navas
February 5th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Love both of them. I've been doing some similar things here - mostly using scraps for binding, and making quilts for babies - love watching those fabric stashes and other items seeking minimal space.

MayinJerset
February 5th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Really attractive looking projects and you were de-stashing at the same time, what could be better?

I have 4 bags of scraps to drop off at my guild's stash room. Have plenty more scraps in colors I like and will cut them into squares and sew them a la Bonnie Hunter style. Will put them all together in quilt tops to give to guild's community outreach group to finish into giving quilts for those in need.