PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning! Today's the day!

dwil23
February 5th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Well, this evening, is! My friend Deborah and I are going to Jenny's trunk show. She is going to pick me up about 4, we'll go grab a bite to eat and catch up - haven't seen her since before Christmas and then go to the show. The ticket to the show was her early Christmas gift to me.

I plan to meet up with Annie (AnnieBQuilter) from the forum, too! Looking forward to that since I have never met another forum member!

I spent some time yesterday evening and will continue to work today getting my strips and strings cut, sorted and ready for Deborah and I to attend the Bonnie Hunter workshop in a few weeks. I am very excited about that one, too.

And yesterday, I got my Henry Glass Daily Deal jelly roll in the mail. I just commented a week or so ago how I wished M* carried HG fabrics and in the next few days - 2 of the DD were from HG! I really love this Heritage Hollow jelly roll, still debating which pattern I want to use, though.

Monique, hope you feel better. Hope everyone has a blessed day. Prayers for all.......

Monique
February 5th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Have a wonderful time. Lucky you.

Yes, I now have a full fledged cold. When I got back from shopping yesterday I was so sick. Fever, chills, soreness, eyes burning, head pounding. Thankfully, this morning all I have is stuffed up nose. The rest is gone.

I did buy some fabric. And two flannel sheets at good will.

I think I will take it easy today.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 5th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Donna! I'm so glad you are getting to meet Jenny face to face ( and Ron also!). And a forum member! I think Jenny and Ron like Florida, so you guys may get to see her again in the future!

Monique! Get well soon!

We have a little snow but freeeeeeezing cold air here. But it is supposed to warm up quickly so we won't be cold for long!

Finished my 5th Bow Tucks bag, every one a little bit different! I love that pattern!

Keep warm folks! Have a great day!

MayinJerset
February 5th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Yes, Monique take it easy today. Donna no need to tell you to enjoy Jenny's trunk show because we all know it will be great fun and meeting a forum member will only add to making it a great day.

Woke up to NO SNOW! and that's wonderful because I don't have to cancel tomorrow's plans. It was great yesterday getting out of the house without any ice problems. DH and I met friends for lunch and then food shopped as much more snow is supposed to be coming next week. I have no big plans or appointments next week so I'll finally be able to get going with some quilt projects.

Mpyles
February 5th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Good morning! Monique feel better!! Donna enjoy the trunk show! I finally have a complete day off! Yay! I am signed up for a paper piecing class at my LQS. We have snow on the ground and school canceled in my area...but not in the big city...so up in the air about going. I really need to take this class before my Judy Neymeyer class next weekend. DH is off to work and the highway department says the highways are clear so DH is gonna text and let me know if I should go or not. I have huge anxiety on slick roads. So hopefully I will just have to trudge through my farm road and a bit of ick on the main road before the interstate. The LQS is right off the highway so....hoping.

Well...off to get dressed in hopes of going! Everyone have a great day!!

WendyI
February 5th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Morning all...

Donna! Sounds like you are going to have so much fun! Take lots of pics to share with us!

Monique sorry you felt so crummy when you were trying to shop. That stinks. Glad it's not so bad today. Jean, would love to see a pic of your bag! May stay safe in the snow! Glad you got to stock up. Mary, drive safe!

Nothing new here. Getting ready for the house inspection on Saturday. Scott went into the attic and found that snow has been coming in through the roof vents. not sure how normal that is or not but we weren't very happy about it. Hope the inspection goes off well otherwise. My house is only 11 years old so we aren't anticipating any issues.

Hope you all have a fantastic day. xox

Sandy Navas
February 5th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Okay everyone - here's my list: Stay safe. Be careful. Get well. Enjoy the fun. Go get 'em. Be happy. Oh, and SMILE.

Al got his aunt's lap quilt sent yesterday and he's a pretty excited guy over that one. The snow barely came over us as predicted. All is well and happy.

Keeping the prayers going for all in need.

Midge
February 5th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Hi and mornin' everyone! Donna, we are all tinted a nice tasteful green with envy about that Trunk Show. Have a ball! Monique, sorry you are still sick. Take good care of yourself. Wendy, I doubt a little snow coming in the vents will be an issue. I can't imagine the wood has become rotten in this amount of time.

Very very very cold here today and I'm sick of it already. More snow, and a biting wind. I'm staying home and going to force myself to clean. Already got a start on it to get it over with. This is my coffee break. Then I will get started on some baking. I want a quiche for dinner, so first the crust and then a batch of oatmeal cookies. And finally, because I am an utter pushover and way too indulgent mom, a batch of doggie cookies. Have a good one!

Amy R
February 5th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Yayyy for trunk show!!!!!
Boo to illness!
I'm dragging today. Went to bed later than I should have. I wanted to watch Stalker on time for once lol. Woke up tired with a migraine and yucky.
Soph had some yucky diarrhea last night so we aren't 100% yet but the worse is over. She's eating and drinking like a champ today.
My sis in law sent a text as soon as they landed in port today they'd been without phone in a boat since Sunday and had no idea she was sick. After seeing the Facebook post they were frantic and texted before they read the update. Calmed her down assuring her Soph is going to be ok.
Hubby got a full time offer from his part time job but I don't have a good feeling about it. I don't trust that this guy can be a stable job as the kind he is in now.
Hugs prayers and good thoughts for everyone.

RockinLou
February 5th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Hello everybody!! Is it Thursday already?? I'm lost in a time warp over here... I went back to work yesterday and I've been doing okay, but this evening I sat down with the kids to watch Diego while DH took a shower and I fell fast asleep.... For about 2 1/2 hours. I am having a snack and will go right back to bed. Clearly I still need rest.

The math tests and other student paperwork is just going to have to wait! I don't like being out, and disorganized and under-planned but I'm in survival mode and that's just how it is going to be for now. Pneumonia isn't for school teachers!!

It is with great anticipation that I look forward to tomorrow evening. I have Cheeze Itz! I have a can of Cherry Coke! I have a quilt block to piece, and maybe I'll turn on some Pride and Prejudice :)

Simply Quilting
February 5th, 2015, 07:11 PM
Donna, have a great time at the trunk show. Jenny is such a blast to see in person.