PDA

View Full Version : Hoot, Hoot, Anyone else here in the tree?

MayinJerset
February 5th, 2015, 03:14 AM
Warmer temps today so I thought it was time to sit a bit in my tree. Predicted snow should be rain so that's good as my tail feathers need a good washing. DH and I had lunch with some friends so I wasn't really hungry at dinnertime and had some tea, toast and berries. Now a bit past 1 am I'm Starving! What could I eat at this time of night that wouldn't upset my stomach? Anyone have doughnuts?

Monique
February 5th, 2015, 03:19 AM
Hi I am up. I am really sick. Started off as a cough and I felt pretty good this morning. When I got back from my trip with Bonnie, I was worse. Fever of 102, chills and sore all over, head throbbing, stuffed up. The fever broke, throbbing head gone, chills and stiffness are gone. Nose is running and just stuffed up now and feeling a little better. I will be going back to bed soon.

toggpine
February 5th, 2015, 03:23 AM
No doughnuts. I'm on dog watch. Poor baby would really like to be in the house I think. She's too big and pretty smelly. She's already tired to dig out of the barn. Literally tunnel under the wall. We had to put a wire panel down to stop the digging.
I'm hoping she settles down. Other than this anxiety thing, she has been wonderful. Sweet, lovey, not interested in eating my goats...
How about cinnamon & sugar toast as a snack? Warm, slightly sweet, and some fill to it.

Off to go see what mischief the girl has gotten into in the last hour or so. We don't have anything that is concreted in that would prevent her from digging. I really don't want to lock her in the trailer every time I don't have eyes on her. If this can't be curbed, she may have to find a 'house dog' farm home with a good fence and no chickens.

I just wanna go to sleeeep. My guess is I'll be checking every few hours.

bscuzz
February 5th, 2015, 03:44 AM
Whoosh, here I come . . . . in for a landing! I'm celebrating since today the doc took the 'zipper' outta my tummy . . now it's itchy!! My Mr. treated me out for a steak using an 'Outback" gift card we got for Christmas - it sure was good but more than I've been eating lately . . . ergo I needed the exercise winging it out here to the tree!

May, you might try what I had for a snack - we ate early, too - a handful of pecans! My Mr. said that was better than the pc of chocolate I was hoping for. The pecans were good, but I really wanted that candy!!

Monique, sounds like you may have escaped a lengthy cold/flu - rest and lots of fluids will do you good - feel better!

Toggpine, sure hope your 'girl' settles down and will make your home hers - she seems to have potential!

I'll hang in here for a bit, but if my 'talons' get cold, I'm gone to find heat!!

Simply Quilting
February 5th, 2015, 03:54 AM
I'm here. It is very, very cold out. The temperature says minus 11 degrees. I'm going to be up for just a bit before heading to bed.

Cathy F
February 5th, 2015, 04:23 AM
Just flew in to see if anyone is still in the tree. Weatherman has been calling for snow but May I am really hoping we get your rain instead.

Didn't get any sewing done today, shame on me. Told myself I would. I've got project that need to get finished and I'm dragging my feet.

This ole owl is heading to the kitchen for a nice cup of tea and hopefully read some posts and my eyes will start to droop and go to sleep again!

bubba
February 5th, 2015, 04:28 AM
Yeah for you zipper removal!! Try rubbing vitamin E on it....just prick a capsule w/a pin/needle and squirt a little out. My mom did that after surgery and it helped a lot!!

I am up, eating my leftover popcorn from this morning. MM wanted salads for dinner, he had his with crab, I had shrimp. I don't really like salads much for a meal, but he wanted it, so I had it too.

I've been fighting w/a pattern tonight. As I said in another post, I subscribed to swoonpatterns.com. I got all their present patterns (at least a couple dozen) plus all new ones thru April. I think it was $55, so it was well worth it. I decided today was the day to try one. Well.....everyone on the FB page complains about a wallet named Eloise and the designer even says that is the hardest off all the patterns. So yes, that is the one I started with. I figured all others would be a breeze!! Crikey!! What was I thinking?!?! Clearly, I wasn't!!!! I am ready to sew together part #10 in the morning....I think there are only 12 parts, so I am close to the end. I'm pretty sure the worse is yet to come. Perhaps when/if she gets done I will post pictures tomorrow.

Off to check who is on Jimmy Kimmel.....I think he's funny.

bscuzz
February 5th, 2015, 04:45 AM
Pat, thanks for the Vit E tip . . I may even have some around here somewhere, gotta look.

My Mr treated me to Outback for a steak, but that was early . . so later I was dying for a pc of chocolate fm a box I had been hoarding, but he wouldn't give it to me - gave me a handful of pecans instead . . shucks I really wanted just one pc of candy. I don't think he's ever gonna forget about the Canoli incident - I may never get another Canoli!!!

Looking forward to a pic of the Eloise wallet - I'm sure you'll have her done pronto! :icon_sleep:

I think I just nodded off, I better fly on off to Dreamland before I fall off here and need another 'zipper'!!!

kimsophia
February 5th, 2015, 07:09 AM
Ow! I was sewing and somehow the machine pinched my middle finger...er, talon! I get so confused between the forward, backward and needle up position buttons! I guess somehow my finger got pinched when I was holding the fabric and pushed the wrong button. At least I know enough to keep my fingers away from the needle...

I'm finishing up the second to last baby bib. I never have any luck with bias tape. When I turn it and stitch the last side down, the threads always show on the other side. I've only done well when I just use the tape like it comes off the cardboard. It has a fold down the middle and I just insert the raw edge into and sew and I will hit the tape on the opposite side just fine.

I baked up some oatmeal raisin bars, if anyone wants some! It was easier than scooping cookie sheets full of cookies! Stay warm, Night Owls! @,@

MayinJerset
February 5th, 2015, 10:25 AM
I settled for a few chocolate grahams crackers and they were pretty good but not as good as a piece of chocolate might have been. Does chocolate ever good bad? The other day I found a jar with about a cup of chocolate chips, popped a few in my mouth and they were awful so I threw them out.

Glad you got unzipped B!

kimsophia
February 5th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Chocolate can go rancid.

Claire Hallman
February 5th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Chocolate can go rancid.

So can taco chips. I was so surprised when I got a partly used bag out and took a bite to see if they were stale, yucko, they were rancid.:(

bubba
February 5th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Yum!!! Graham crackers! I like mine spread w/a little butter!

MayinJerset
February 5th, 2015, 03:43 PM
Yum!!! Graham crackers! I like mine spread w/a little butter!

When I'm sick or just not feeling good my Go To remedy is graham and butter sandwiches with a big mug of tea.
Shhh... don't tell anyone I sometimes dip them into the tea but I have to be quick about it or the sandwich just falls apart.

MayinJerset
February 5th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Chocolate can go rancid.
All the more reason to gobble them up as soon as we get them.

kimsophia
February 5th, 2015, 08:32 PM
All the more reason to gobble them up as soon as we get them.

Definitely! :D BTW, I'll be a Night Owl until dawn tonight--I slept from 9 am to 4:30 in the afternoon! :O