PDA

View Full Version : 32 in my layer cake

Kajenkids
February 5th, 2015, 02:31 AM
I have a weird situation... I wanted a Lakeside Gatherings layer cake for a special project. The M* site says 42 pieces and the little picture has 20 swatches, so the description of 2-3 of each piece makes sense. The one at my local store only had 32, so I thought maybe it was an older version. Nope. 32 in the one I got from M*. There are several fabrics in the little overview photo that are not in the layer cake. According to the Moda website, that's correct. I was very disappointed - both because the pack didn't contain what the description said, and because it was the same price as every other layer cake that has 10 more pieces. Ugh. Wish I could return it, but I managed to lose the little plastic sleeves...

K. McEuen
February 5th, 2015, 03:21 AM
You need to contact customer service at info@missouriquiltco.com and let them know the layer cake did not come to you as advertised. They will make it right, but they need to be made aware of the issue.

rebeccas-sewing
February 5th, 2015, 06:26 AM
I agree with Karen. MSQC will want to know about the problem. Contact them pronto!

dwil23
February 5th, 2015, 08:38 AM
I believe M* has a "deal" with Moda and others to make layer cakes for them that are cut especially for M* and are standardized at 42 pieces. They probably received a shipment of the "regular" ones and need to know so that they can send them back.

Deegles
February 5th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Contact M* that way you are correcting it, helping someone else later.

Pandabear
February 5th, 2015, 01:16 PM
I started looking around for this layer cake on a whim... the only place I found that lists it as 32 squares in the cake is Fat Quarter Shop. Every other site assumes it has 42.

Mchelem
February 6th, 2015, 02:14 AM
Moda's precuts all come the same way for all stores..... I get the exact same thing at my store as M* does...

I would definitely let them know.

Kajenkids
February 6th, 2015, 02:59 AM
I'll call them tomorrow. They're a pretty responsive bunch :-)

amyquilts
February 7th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Did you order a Lakeside Gatherings Wovens Layer cake? Reason I ask is because I have one that also has 32 squares. I just emailed them about it since it's a Saturday.
I can't return mine either since I have already started working with it. I didn't notice the discrepancy at first-your posting caused me to double check mine.
Was MSQC able to help you with yours?

Terry L
February 7th, 2015, 08:24 PM
M* has never let me down when making an order right. Just let them know:)

Kajenkids
February 26th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Update: M* has awesome customer service. I was able to return the later cake. They had already pulled them from the shelf to send back to the manufacturer.

babaz
March 18th, 2015, 06:09 AM
How did this turnout for you Kajenkids? I was getting ready to order this very thing in the morning. I hope yo u got an answer.

Suzette
March 18th, 2015, 07:25 AM
Update: M* has awesome customer service. I was able to return the later cake. They had already pulled them from the shelf to send back to the manufacturer.

Babaz, this is the post Kajenkids posted on 2/26 updating us. :icon_bigsmile:

Kajenkids
March 29th, 2015, 02:23 AM
They let me return it. Apparently they have pulled them from the shelf too. At least that's what Anna told me. She's a doll to deal with :-)

Heided
May 6th, 2015, 08:25 AM
I just love great Customer service!