PDA

View Full Version : Needing prayers for DD's eating disorder

Lilly
February 5th, 2015, 12:58 AM
I've been scarce on the forum the past few months. My daughter's eating disorder has acted up again. Hers is driven by intense anxiety. Today she was able to get herself back into treatment but she had to go 1,500 miles away from home to get help. My biggest prayer is that the insurance company will allow her to stay in treatment until she is stable- and learns more how to fight this terrible disease. We almost lost her 3 years ago so I'm really glad she is back in treatment - even tho I'm missing her so much tonight. Treatment costs so much that the insurance companies don't want to fund eating disorders but the treatment saved her life the last time and I know a woman from church who lost her daughter to an eating disorder about the same time DD was diagnosed. We're not even sure that the insurance company will cover her at all this time until the docs check her out one more time tomorrow and petition the insurance company. I sure could use your prayers- for both of us. She is so afraid the insurance will turn her down. Thanks so much!

Miss Sheri
February 5th, 2015, 01:16 AM
I'm praying for both of you Lilly! And sending you my best thoughts and kindest regards. Love ya!

pcbatiks
February 5th, 2015, 01:19 AM
Adding my prayers too ......along with a hug.

auntiemern
February 5th, 2015, 01:29 AM
Prayers being said.

JCY
February 5th, 2015, 01:36 AM
Praying all will be well with your dau. & the ins. co. will pay. What an anxious time for parents. God loves you & will see you through this trial. May His peace, strength, & comfort be with you. (((Hugs)))

Mpyles
February 5th, 2015, 01:42 AM
Praying!! Bless her heart I hope they cover it!!

vchale
February 5th, 2015, 01:57 AM
Praying for your family. Hope she gets the help she needs in this difficult time. Prayers especially for your peace of mind.

stationarymom
February 5th, 2015, 02:25 AM
prayers for the whole family,this is a family problem just like addiction it never affects just the person with the disorder.

BellasQuilts
February 5th, 2015, 02:42 AM
Prayers being said; sent you a PM. Been there, done that.

Genny
February 5th, 2015, 02:47 AM
Praying for your family....

MayinJerset
February 5th, 2015, 02:51 AM
Adding my prayers for your DD and you too.

Monique
February 5th, 2015, 03:12 AM
I hope it all works out. Prayers being said.

bscuzz
February 5th, 2015, 04:31 AM
Definitely sending prayers for you and your DD. Let me suggest that you NOT just accept if the ins. co. says no coverage. Thru prior exp w/ ins. co., ask for an appeal 'n ask the Dr. to submit/resubmit prior med. history. I know ins. approval/denial are changing with recent upheaval in med industry - BUT when you're persistent and won't take 'no' for an answer, things can change. Sorry, ins coverage is a sore subject for me - just persist! Let us know how your DD makes out. :icon_hug:

Cathy F
February 5th, 2015, 04:33 AM
Prayers for all of you to come through this. Hugs to you as I know it's hard to have your daughter so far from you.

rebeccas-sewing
February 5th, 2015, 06:18 AM
Hi Lilly, My daughter has an eating disorder as well. I sympathize with your situation. It is such a worry. I hope the treatment will be successful and that it gets your daughter back on track.

dwil23
February 5th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Lilly, my prayers are certainly with you all. My YDD suffered terribly from anxiety, though she seems to be doing better now, I know the feeling of helplessness - you want to do something - anything - that will help, but just don't know what that it.

songbird857
February 5th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Praying for your daughter - and a hug to you, mom :)

Sandy Navas
February 5th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Most definite prayers and hugs, too!

WendyI
February 5th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Hoping that the insurance company will come through. So sorry your DD is going through this. (((HUGS))) xox

Lilly
February 5th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Thank you everyone! Your prayers and kind words mean the world to me. I think we should know in the next 2 days if they will keep her. I'm pretty sure she had to give up her phone and computer and with the privacy laws that means I'll be totally out of the loop and probably not know anything unless she is rejected and needs a ticket home. Sheesh - I AM the one paying the bills here. Over the years I've gotten pretty stoic and my emotions are very low and steady in the face of all of this but the last 36 hours I've been unusually weepy. Knowing that you all are with me is so important. Thanks again!

Granny Fran
February 5th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Lilly, you can always cry on our shoulders. Praying all will go well.

GlendaM
February 5th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Praying, my DD had issues with that as well. LOTS of prayers and a wonderful husband have turned her around, but I always worry!!! Hugs! I will keep her on my prayer list.

mommadeb
February 5th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Praying for all of you Lilly.

CarolynK
February 5th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Thinking about you Lily and sending hugs and prayers.

ozziepuppy
February 5th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Will be praying for your family & also for safe journeys.

MRoy
February 5th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Prayers for you both. (((HUGS)))

laura44
February 5th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Sending prayers and hugs for you.

Marebear
February 5th, 2015, 08:28 PM
Prayers and good thoughts sent for you and your DD.

DramaMama
February 5th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Prayers and blessings.

Juliet Taylor
February 8th, 2015, 07:30 PM
A lot of prayers being sent over you with my most positive thoughts.

I suffer from eating disorder since so many years, I can only imagine how hard it can be. DOn't give up. Hugs!

quiltingtrish
February 8th, 2015, 07:38 PM
My prayers are coming for you both, Lilly. I hope there is a way to keep you updated.
Hugs