PDA

View Full Version : I'm done with winter

quiltingtrish
February 3rd, 2015, 09:15 PM
It really wasn't a pretty sight when I got in the passenger side and crawled over the gear shift to get to the drivers side to start to try and warm up the car after school today. Thank goodness we didn't get the 9" that was forecast because 3" of it was enough to solidly freeze everything that was not touched with a shovel or windshield scraper. Now, how - do you ask - did that happen? It happened because instead of ME going outside to clear off the 3 vehicles and around and under the vehicles before I normally help to do the driveway, I went to work instead. Why was my vehicle not touched when the other 2 men that live here got their vehicles out ok - there lies the mystery. The only reason I caught a ride to work today was because the driveway was still frozen from one of them scraping off the driveway too late in the day so it froze like a lake overnight.
Did I mention that I had to crawl back over the gear shift to get out? The drivers side of the car sits on solid ice.
Guess this is a good thing because until I can get my vehicle out - guess who is doing the food shopping? Won't be me.
I don't mind winter but when I help others out and I don't even drive on icky roads - I've had enough. Fortunately, I know no matter what that silly groundhog says - Spring is truly around the corner.

bubba
February 3rd, 2015, 09:28 PM
Is it winter??? (Hope I didn't jinx us!!)

Seriously, I have had to do that to. Thankfully, I always wore pants to work!

Sandy Navas
February 3rd, 2015, 09:56 PM
I think I would refuse to put dinner on the table for anyone who normally zips their pants in front . . . oh, for about at least six weeks. Just saying . . . hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Carlie Wolf
February 3rd, 2015, 10:34 PM
That really stinks :-( I'd be soooooo ticked. You have my empathy

EsGrandma
February 4th, 2015, 12:13 AM
Those guys are going to get sooooo hungry =

Simply Quilting
February 4th, 2015, 01:24 AM
Yuck. I'm glad that you at least did not fall on the ice. I think there will be some hungry guys in your house.

irishrn
February 4th, 2015, 09:48 AM
I would be on strike till the spring flowers were popping up!
When the males notice you are not making life easy for them, they can be reminded of your driveway ice event!
I once had to stop ironing DHs shirts for work in order for him to realize he was being an ass!! When he was down to his last few and inquired where were his shirts, I reminded him that I wasn't the one in charge of his shirts if he couldn't remember to be thoughtful and kind to the person who USED to do the ironing. From then on they went to the cleaners. He took them and he picked them up!!
Lesson learned.
Oh, and once when he was being very critical about how I was driving, he asked to stop at a store about 2miles from the house and while he was in there I drove home. Yup! That 2 mile walk home gave him something to think about!!