PDA

View Full Version : J's at it again

Doloris
February 3rd, 2015, 04:45 PM
been wanting to pick up some headliner for a while now, but J's has had it for $1 off for a while so you can't use a coupon. Checked today and it is 30% off. Looks like that is the best I am going to get so decided to buy 1 yard and wait to see it go off sale so I can use a coupon.
Take the roll to counter and ask for 1 yard. When the woman was cutting it she was cutting all crooked with chunks and spikes all along the cut. I think if I hadn't walked over she would have just rolled it and not said anything. She proceeded to straighten the roll and recut (good idea). I stood right there and helped her keep it straight. I asked her if she was going to tag the jagged piece and put it in the remnants. She said "No, no one will want that I am just going to throw it out".
I walked away, and thought about it and decided to go back and tell her I would buy it if she would mark it as a remnant. She was standing there getting a remnant tag ready for it. BIT#%%!!! I just waited and when she was done I walked up to the counter and took it.
She just didn't want me to get it cheaper. She just kinda looked pis#$d that I came back and took it.
I wish I had more choices around here!!

WendyI
February 3rd, 2015, 05:47 PM
Some people! They act like the stuff is coming out of their own pockets for crying out loud! Why should she care if you get a deal from her mess?

Panda
February 3rd, 2015, 05:50 PM
That's really awful. Your right she would have just given it to you all crooked if you hadn't walked over. What is worse is that she out right lied about what she was going to do with it. I am glad you went back and got it as a remnant.

Kathy

toggpine
February 3rd, 2015, 07:32 PM
I NEVER leave that cutting counter while they have scissors near 'my' fabric. Thankfully most of our counter people are good. Still....

Sandy Navas
February 3rd, 2015, 07:41 PM
She probably wanted to pick the 'remnant' up for herself . . . PIRATE TALKING!

bubba
February 3rd, 2015, 07:43 PM
I stand and watch them like a hawk too!!! But really? Only a yard? You should have gotten five yards!! Look at the deal you'd have gotten :D

LRM
February 3rd, 2015, 07:50 PM
When I have really bad days at work I tell people I'm going to go get a job cutting fabric at J's. You know, a job where there is no responsibility to do a good job and I don't have to care at all about what I'm doing. :)
I'm lucky because we have some great people (women and men) who cut at my local J's. I know it is not usual, so I'm ever so appreciative. In fact, at Christmas I bought some burlap and they cut it correctly -- taking out a thread to create a space and then cut -- perfectly squared.

Doloris
February 3rd, 2015, 07:50 PM
I stand and watch them like a hawk too!!! But really? Only a yard? You should have gotten five yards!! Look at the deal you'd have gotten :D

I got the first yard for $10.49 and the other almost yard for $4.37. It is normally $14.99. So I figure I got 2yards at 50% off. I'm trying to hold out till it is not on sale and then use a 50% coupon.