PDA

View Full Version : Normal amount of time to process yardage fabric?

sewtotallycrazy
February 3rd, 2015, 01:13 PM
First time ordering more than one yardage fabric. It's been a week now since I ordered it and still no email beyond the confirmation of order. Maybe I've gotten super spoiled with the usually insanely fast processing and shipping time. Just curious how long it normally takes for yardage orders to be filled.

Midge
February 3rd, 2015, 01:18 PM
Don't know about others' experience, but I placed an order for quite a bit of cut yardage along with precuts on Jan 24 and it was on my porch on Jan 31. So exactly one week. That is a shorter turnaround than previous orders, so I was very pleased.

Sandy Navas
February 3rd, 2015, 07:45 PM
Call customer service: Contact us by Phone: (888) 571 - 1122 or (816) 744 - 4945 (international)

They will be able to follow up for you if you have your order number.

Cat n bull
February 3rd, 2015, 08:12 PM
I ordered all cut yardage on Jan 23 and received it today.

sewtotallycrazy
February 3rd, 2015, 08:51 PM
Thank you Sandy, I will do that tomorrow, have to go grocery shopping tonight. Good to know it's not normal for it to take so long. I LOVE shopping M*, almost exclusively, and I know that with any business you have peak times of tons of orders and due to many other factors can cause delays.

stitchwishes
February 4th, 2015, 10:09 AM
I just got my first yardage from M* and it did take a week to get here. I was in no hurry, it was various half yards to go with some pending projects that needed a little more oomph. My order probably had them running from shop to shop hunting down random bolts, poor things. When I opened my box last night, smiley faces and sparkles floated out of it and I could swear a golden light shone briefly as I opened the box flaps!

It was still faster than getting fabric cut at JoAnns.

Midge
February 4th, 2015, 11:28 AM
I just got my first yardage from M* and it did take a week to get here. I was in no hurry, it was various half yards to go with some pending projects that needed a little more oomph. My order probably had them running from shop to shop hunting down random bolts, poor things. When I opened my box last night, smiley faces and sparkles floated out of it and I could swear a golden light shone briefly as I opened the box flaps!

It was still faster than getting fabric cut at JoAnns.

You know how to deliver a punch line! And funnier yet because it is so very true. It's discouraging (polite term) to collect a bunch of bolts of fabric and learn after collecting a number from the machine that there are 40 or so people ahead of you in line.

stitchwishes
February 4th, 2015, 09:23 PM
You know how to deliver a punch line! And funnier yet because it is so very true. It's discouraging (polite term) to collect a bunch of bolts of fabric and learn after collecting a number from the machine that there are 40 or so people ahead of you in line.

Most unfortunately I've rarely encountered a line there.

What's really amusing is that lone wild eyed lady with a death grip on her shopping cart full of bolts, who upon spying you with your nearly empty bolt revs her engine and speeds toward the cutting counter. You come to your senses and crawl out from under a toppled display of 80% off plastic autumn leaves and branches, only to see the 90 year old dear with an enormous pair of scissors behind the counter trying to unroll the first of a thousand bolts. Do you leave the fabric you need just a quarter yard of and took an hour to shop for, or do you come back another day to do it all over again?

sewtotallycrazy
February 6th, 2015, 12:12 PM
lol, did that really happen or is it a sort of dramatized version? Sad thing is, I could totally see it happening. Sandy, i'm glad you told me to call customer service. The lady checked it out in the system, saw nothing that should of delayed it's processing, and sent reminders to the guys. My guess is that it simply got overlooked, it happens lol. At least everyone was super awesome getting it squared away, and the lady in customer service had an American accent! What a joy it is to have an english is my first language person to speak to. Anywho, two days after I called it shipped. YEah!

sherriequilts
February 6th, 2015, 10:48 PM
Yep M* is the best! And I'm laughing..sort of.. At the Joanns slight dramatization of getting fabric cut. When they went to having number tickets I quit buying any fabric from them.

sewtotallycrazy
February 7th, 2015, 12:55 AM
It's funny 'cuase in Maryland the lines where sooo crazy I was glad for the number system. I'd check to see how many people were waiting for fabric to get cut, then get my number, then pick out my fabric. There was almost always between 6-12 people waiting. Other places I've been not always so bad.
It's crazy how many people still try to cut you off at the counter even with a number system. Personally, totally glad they did it 'cause it's made life easier at counters.

rebeccas-sewing
February 7th, 2015, 06:29 AM
I would contact the company and make sure they received your order. That's a long time to wait. Not receiving an order confirmation would be a red flag for me.

sewtotallycrazy
February 10th, 2015, 12:18 PM
I got it in the mail yesterday! Thank you Sandy for the super awesome help.