PDA

View Full Version : House is sold

WendyI
February 3rd, 2015, 12:11 PM
We sold our house on the weekend. It's kind of bittersweet and the buyer got a really good deal. Mostly because he had no conditions other than the routine house inspection and could meet the closing date that I needed for my new apartment. He also did not have an agent of his own so he used ours which meant our agent dropped his rate saving us over four grand so we took that into consideration on the price. I really did not want to let it go at the price we did, but at least it's over with now. The plus side is that the stress of house showings and open houses is over and by next weeks end I can start packing.

It was still an extremely stressful weekend with a lot of crying and trying to decide what was the best decision to make. It means very little left over once our debts are paid off. Enough for my last months rent and a few odds and ends and that's about it...but at least I will be debt free for the first time in many years other than a small credit card. I am frustrated that I don't feel more relief than I do...but I do love my house so it's hard to know that I have to let it go I guess. Moving will be extremely painful for me. I've moved 37 times in my life, this will be 38. This house was the very first place where I felt I had a "home"...so it's very difficult.

I am hoping to be able to move the last week of April so that I'm not rushed. Fingers crossed that my apartment will be ready by then. I'm trying to look forward to that and setting it up exactly how I want it to be.

BobW
February 3rd, 2015, 12:16 PM
Congratulations. I hope it all works out and you enjoy your new apartment.

Sylvia H
February 3rd, 2015, 12:17 PM
I'm happy to hear that the house is sold, and you will be able to get into your apartment as you hoped. Regarding feeling relief - you are still in a period of change/transition, and that is probably a big stressor. You may not really feel relieved until you are in your new place and, as you said, setting it up exactly how you want it to be. I saw pictures of you home; it is indeed lovely. I am sure you are going to be able to create the same sense of comfort and style in your new apartment. Wishing you all the best as you move forward.

Quiltfreestyle
February 3rd, 2015, 12:18 PM
Congratulations on selling the house, but I understand how you could feel very sad too,, life changing events, even good ones, can really shake us up. I think you are doing well to concentrate in the positive aspects,new apartment etc. try not to dwell on the negative. I know, easier said than done. Just know that many here are thinking of you & praying for you during this difficult time.

KnitWitRosie
February 3rd, 2015, 12:19 PM
Congrats on the sale, and good luck over the next few weeks!

ravelim
February 3rd, 2015, 12:32 PM
Congrats, Wendy. I knew it would sell!!!

GrammaBabs
February 3rd, 2015, 12:33 PM
Wendy,,, there is nothing more stressful than the sale of a house and moving... I know you've other issues going along with this as well,,,, Just wanted you to know your in my thoughts and I hope that things will get very positive for you in the very near future... Good Luck,, and hugs, from me... GB

RockinLou
February 3rd, 2015, 12:35 PM
Congratulations!! Best wishes moving forward, it's an emotional time, but you were so eager to get the house sold that I'm sure it will feel better soon,

Cathy F
February 3rd, 2015, 12:36 PM
Wendy, congratulations on selling your house. I think we tend to be creatures of habit and are anxious about big changes, I know I am.

I think once you get in your new home and making it feel like yours you'll feel more settled. There may not be much money left over from the house as you expected but being debt free is a huge thing. Enjoy making your plans become a reality!

Midge
February 3rd, 2015, 12:47 PM
Wendy I am so glad that your house sold fairly quickly. It sounds like there is no reason why the sale can't go through, and you will have one big, big step towards the next phase of your life behind you. Yes moving is a drag and stressful too, but I'm thinking you will have some measure of relief when it finally happens. And for sure that time will come sooner than you think! I looked at your pictures too, and it was very lovely. Your new apartment can be just as welcoming given your touch!

Ahamblin
February 3rd, 2015, 12:50 PM
Wendy - congratulations on selling the house. I know what a bittersweet moment that is. I cried a lot when we sold our house for the divorce settlement. I really loved that house and so did my kids. But it was exciting to move into a new to me place that was mine set up just the way I wanted it. Change is very stressful but also a new beginning and adventure. You are in my thoughts. Sending cyber hugs your way.

kaydee
February 3rd, 2015, 01:03 PM
Wendy, I'm happy to hear your house sold, but so sorry to hear how painful it is for you.

I truly believe something better is waiting out there for you.

Monique
February 3rd, 2015, 01:09 PM
Wendy the stress of trying to sell is over.

You know the saying, "When one door closes, another one opens". I have no doubt that you will make your new place just as "home" as the one just sold. Just don't forget to look after Wendy too in the process.

Eriepatch
February 3rd, 2015, 01:12 PM
Bittersweet news indeed Wendy BUT it will be a good thing that you can begin to move on. Best wishes

Granny Fran
February 3rd, 2015, 01:25 PM
So glad for you that the house sold. Now you can make your apartment your new home. I, too, have moved numerous times throughout my lifetime and understand the stress that goes with it. Given time, you will look back and realize that you could not have gotten where you are today without going though these time. Hoping all the best is yet to come in the coming weeks for you.

SuzyQue
February 3rd, 2015, 01:29 PM
Happy for your house sell! You have been dealing with a lot for awhile, so give yourself plenty of time to deal with these changes. Good things ahead.....this is just the beginning.

songbird857
February 3rd, 2015, 01:45 PM
Congratulations hon :) Moving forward is a good thing (though not always easy) - hugs to you.

Learner quilter
February 3rd, 2015, 01:57 PM
Congratulations... Now relax and look forward..no looking back.... Onwards and upwards? XXXXXX

CarolynK
February 3rd, 2015, 02:06 PM
Wendy, thinking about you and knowing what it's like to move a bazillion times and hating it each time but things will get easier and you'll settle in to your new normal after the moving part is over. Your house is beautiful, but I'm sure you'll love your apartment once you get in there and make it yours.

MRoy
February 3rd, 2015, 02:26 PM
Congratulations on the sale! That's one less thing to worry about now. Best wishes to you and Liam as you start a new chapter of your life.

Suzette
February 3rd, 2015, 02:30 PM
Selling a home is stressful under the best of conditions, so it's totally understandable that is even more so for you right now. But focus on the future and setting up your new home as you settle into your apartment. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 3rd, 2015, 02:35 PM
Thank heaven it is sold and you are free of a very heavy burden!, I'm glad you can move on in the time frame you had planned.

Grandma G
February 3rd, 2015, 02:51 PM
Wendy - you are in a way grieving for the loss of your home and what it represented. In time you will adjust to the new normal in your life. I'm actually glad that part is all behind you. Look forward to each day that represents a new beginning. Many positive thoughts and well wishes are headed your way, sweet girl. Stay in touch!

JCY
February 3rd, 2015, 02:54 PM
I was thinking about you over the week end, as I knew you had another showing. I can understand your mixed feelings. I hope all the details work out to your satisfaction. Spring is on the way, & you have a new apt. to look forward to. Let the healing begin.

Preeti
February 3rd, 2015, 03:16 PM
Congratulations. You will love your new apartment more than any other house. You will build a new independent life there and rediscover the joys of life. I am so excited for you!!!

auntiemern
February 3rd, 2015, 03:25 PM
Happy and sad for you all at the same time. I am so glad that you sold the house, but so sad that you have to leave your 'home'. You will get through this....it is just gonna take time. You will ave to grieve...and that is a process. Good thoughts and prayers for you.

WendyI
February 3rd, 2015, 03:30 PM
Thank you all so much for the uplifting comments. I really do feel like you are all supporting me during this very difficult time. I just found out that my new apartment will be available on May 1st which is my closing date on the house...this means that I have to be out of our house by 6 p.m.! I'm really hoping my apartment will be finished a few days early! Fingers crossed. I don't know how we will accomplish a move to two apartments that quickly. The logistics of it are truly overwhelming me.

Thanks again for being here. I really and honestly do not know what I would do without you all! xoxxo

K. McEuen
February 3rd, 2015, 03:31 PM
Yay! Glad that is over with for you. Now you get to look forward to moving.

Ugh, I hope you realize that moving sucks! So glad that my hubby is retired from the Air Force and we don't have to deal with the moves anymore.

Iris Girl
February 3rd, 2015, 05:07 PM
Congratulations, now you can move forward and start your new life. Hugs and good luck. It will be painful but you can do it.

MayinJerset
February 3rd, 2015, 05:33 PM
House sold, a few bucks leftover, no debts and a new place to live sounds a pretty good way to begin your new 'life', Best Wishes and Good Luck to You!

SuzyQue
February 3rd, 2015, 05:37 PM
Don't worry over the moving part just yet. You can be super organized and with some help from friends, you will make it. It won't be all put away and perfect......but it can be done. Take it one step at a time. May 1st is a ways off yet.

Simply Quilting
February 3rd, 2015, 06:50 PM
Congratulations on the house selling. I know how stressful it is to try to move even under the best of circumstances. But in a few months you will be moved into your new apartment that you can fix the way that you want to fix it. And you will be amazed at the relief and freedom of having your debt paid off.

GuitarGramma
February 3rd, 2015, 07:15 PM
My dear friend, Wendy--
I am sure that you face this sale with very, very mixed feelings. Selling this house was important for you to be able to move forward, but it also marks the closing of your relationship with Liam's father. I'm glad that you can move forward free of debt! It will be a way to look at your time together as one that ended, but ended with that positive outcome.

My heart breaks for you. But I am also quite impressed with your forward-facing attitude. Your son is lucky to have you as his mother. You are teaching him good and important lessons.

Please keep us posted as you move. I know that will be tough because you will be busy. But please always know that we care, and that even two sentences from you helps us know how you're doing.

lapeoples
February 3rd, 2015, 07:25 PM
Congratulations. I hope this move will bring you some peace.

shermur
February 3rd, 2015, 08:10 PM
Congrats on your house selling, Wendy...I wish I could say the same! Still waiting for our house to sell....

I know it seems very different and having to move again is a pain, but think of it as a new adventure and a fresh start....

quiltingtrish
February 3rd, 2015, 08:14 PM
Glad your home sold, Wendy and I'm sending HUGS to you.

bscuzz
February 3rd, 2015, 08:16 PM
Dear Wendy . . Congrats on the sale of the house and best wishes as you enter the next chapter in your life. If only you could get just a peek at the settled, contented life that awaits you . . . maybe a picture you can find in your mind's eye. You will endure the stress, disruption and heartbreak that faces you and move on to what you choose to make of it! You have my heartfelt wishes for many great things ahead. Chin up, the best is yet to come!

ilive2craft2
February 3rd, 2015, 08:18 PM
Wendy, I am so happy for you! I know the stress of whether it would sell in time for you to get the apartment you wanted will go away and hopefully will not be replaced by other stress. Starting a new chapter is scary and closing the previous chapters is hard and is a process. Keep looking to the positives and putting one foot in front of the other. Continued hugs and good thoughts as you continue into this new chapter.

Kgrammiecaz
February 3rd, 2015, 09:59 PM
Wendy, this is great news. I know you are looking forward to being settled. Cant wait to see your new place and new sewing room. You made it through the hard parts. Hugs. Good to hear you upbeat.

BellasQuilts
February 3rd, 2015, 11:20 PM
Great news that part is done now for you. Hang in there, kiddo. We are all here for you as you start this next chapter of your life. As mom always says, "This too shall pass". It will. Sunshine will be on the horizon for you. Hugs.

Bubby
February 3rd, 2015, 11:47 PM
Congratulations on the sale of your house, Wendy. I know this has been really rough for you and my thoughts and prayers are with you for a smooth move to a place that feels like the perfect place for you.

RiverMomm
February 3rd, 2015, 11:53 PM
Congratulations! I know it's hard but now you get the apartment you liked so much.

Welcome to the next step in your life. Wishing you lots of happiness in your new home.

MBCA
February 4th, 2015, 12:24 AM
I know from previous post this is bittersweet for you. Keep the pros in mind and move forward to new beginnings. Thoughts and prayers to help you through.

Mpyles
February 4th, 2015, 01:06 AM
Just remember Wendy, when one door closes another opens! Best wishes on your new journey!

jjkaiser
February 4th, 2015, 01:06 AM
No more open houses, or showings to get ready for and nobody shows up! (Yep I've been there a few times.) That's reason in itself to celebrate. Everything will get done on time. Don't worry so much! You know how we all stress over Christmas--so much to do and we feel like it's impossible to do it all. And you know what? We do it. Everything seems to magically fall into place when it needs to. Moving is like that and you will be fine. And your new place will be wonderful.

Bjvarizona
February 4th, 2015, 03:03 AM
When I saw the heading on your post I went straight to it. Both glad and sad for you. But take heart, you will survive this and I know having Liam will ground you, my kids did that for me when I divorced. It's been 37 years now but I remember how it felt. Sending you good wishes!

Juliet Taylor
February 4th, 2015, 03:18 AM
Congratulations! As soon I saw this post I was so happy for you! Of course it's a difficult moment, how couldn't it be, but surely this will bring you a lot of positiveness and a new and wonderful life! It's a good sign to have it sold so you can move just as you wanted :)

Gina
February 4th, 2015, 03:23 AM
So glad the house is sold! I know it's overwhelming and scary to leave everything behind and move on. We are all here for you! Sending you more hugs and praying happiness finds you soon!:icon_hug:

stationarymom
February 4th, 2015, 03:40 AM
Wendy congrats! on selling your house.Now you can begin to move on to a new phase and just try to take everything one step at a time.I bet you will be happy when You see your new apartment set up exactly like you like it.

irishrn
February 4th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Wendy! So glad your showing resulted in a sale and now you can move forward to your new apartment on time.
I remember all those feelings as if they were yesterday, but what you can't yet see ( because you are in the middle of it)
Is that the future will be brighter and more peaceful! You have a new beginning on your horizon so enjoy the journey!
So many here wish you nothing but peace and comfort. And if you're OK than Liam will be too!
Just know we are surrounding you with giant hugs!!

rebeccas-sewing
February 4th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Great news! I'm so glad to hear the house has sold, Wendy. I'm shocked to hear you've moved so many times. I'm sure that's a story in itself. I know this is a very difficult time for you right now. Hang in there. Better days are ahead.

WendyI
February 4th, 2015, 12:54 PM
You are all so amazing!! It makes my heart smile to read all the positiveness that is being sent my way. Thank you all for being so kind, understanding and loving. It means more to me than you can possibly imagine. xoxxoxo

Over40momma
February 4th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Wendy, just knowing you are out from under that burden of debt is wonderful. I know it is painful to leave what is "home" but remember that home is where your heart is and that is with you and Liam wherever you may go.
Being an endlessly practical person, you might want to consider packing up things that you don't need over the next few weeks. You could even get a rental storage place so that you can move slowly without the pressure of "last minute". It also will help with the unpacking portion too. Just a thought that might make the transition a bit easier for you.
So glad you are keeping us updated and know that my heart and prayers are with you. :icon_hug:

WendyI
February 4th, 2015, 01:35 PM
I am trying to get our closing date moved from May 1st which is a Friday, to the Monday so that I at least have the weekend to move. I'm just waiting to hear from my agent. Our house inspection happens on Saturday and shortly after that it will be a done deal. I will then start packing immediately. My last move was a nightmare of last minute things and I want to be prepared this time.

Wendy, just knowing you are out from under that burden of debt is wonderful. I know it is painful to leave what is "home" but remember that home is where your heart is and that is with you and Liam wherever you may go.
Being an endlessly practical person, you might want to consider packing up things that you don't need over the next few weeks. You could even get a rental storage place so that you can move slowly without the pressure of "last minute". It also will help with the unpacking portion too. Just a thought that might make the transition a bit easier for you.
So glad you are keeping us updated and know that my heart and prayers are with you. :icon_hug: