PDA

View Full Version : Prescibed medication compliance....

New York Sue
February 2nd, 2015, 11:42 PM
RE medications... I've tried my own spot.
Often my routine changes.
He's s set our coffee cups upside down, with our pills on top!
IT works!!

FabStripper
February 2nd, 2015, 11:54 PM
Great idea but I'm afraid my nosy cat would find them.

Susann
February 3rd, 2015, 12:04 AM
What a great idea!

Claire Hallman
February 3rd, 2015, 12:47 AM
I have recently started taking pills 3 x a day. I kept forgetting if I had taken one at lunch or dinner so I started getting out 3 in the morning, I know how many I have taken based on how many are left on the edge of the catch all plate that stays on the island countertop.

I do not like taking meds, hope I get to discontinue them after my next doctor's visit:0

auntiemern
February 3rd, 2015, 02:07 AM
This thread made me chuckle....I am really bad sometimes about taking my meds. I have so many I am supposed to take for the lupus, RA, fibro and COPD. I do know that my DD can tell if I have not been taking some meds....and everyone knows when I am on prednisone. It ain't always pretty, lol.

kensington
February 3rd, 2015, 02:09 AM
I take one in the morning, so it sits on the Kitchen window sill right by the Kerig. I take two at night, so they are on my nightstand.

Easy peasy for me.

rebeccas-sewing
February 3rd, 2015, 02:30 AM
I keep one of those days-of-the-week pill containers next to my laptop on the kitchen table. Otherwise, I'm bound to forget.

bscuzz
February 3rd, 2015, 02:56 AM
I, too, have the Day of the Week dispensers with lidded sections for 4 times a day . . . I keep it on the counter nx to the fridge where the water dispenser is. It works pretty good . . . I just hate taking meds and do forget from time to time! BUT that dispenser works like my calendar . . . when I get up wondering what day it is, I look at the pill box!!!

dlsnaples
February 3rd, 2015, 03:12 AM
My DH takes a ton of medicines and supplements. He was always asking me when and what to take. Now he has small containers from the dollar store labeled breakfast, lunch, dinner and bedtime. He has developed a routine where he fills them every morning. He places his glucometer on top of the container for needed blood sugar checks. He is doing much better with this routine for 4 months now.

Vonnie
February 3rd, 2015, 07:48 AM
It's so routine to take my meds that sometimes I'm on auto pilot then can't remember if my memory of taking them is that day or the day before. So I got one of those Sunday through Saturday pill boxes. All I have to do now is remember what day it is and look and see if the pills for that day are still there and need to be taken.

Carol336
February 3rd, 2015, 08:06 AM
For years I only took meds at night so that was easy just took it before heading up to bed at night. But now I'm on Eliquis and you have to take that 2x a day. So I got one of the little dispensers that are marked for the days of the week, with a section for am and pm for each day. Keep it in a corner of the kitchen counter, when I take my pills in the evening I leave the container sitting right next to my coffee cup (which DH sets up each evening for the next morning). So far it seems to be working.

On another note - Every Sunday DH sets up both of our little pill boxes for the coming week. He's been doing that for so long that I have trouble remembering exactly what meds and supplements I take. It can be embarassing when going to a new dr and they ask what you take.....I feel like a doddering old lady when I say "I'm not sure". So DH set up a spread sheet for each of us and I now carry a printed copy of my meds with me at all times.

This getting old stuff is certainly not for the faint of heart!!!!!

Quiltfreestyle
February 3rd, 2015, 12:51 PM
My husband has multiple chronic health issues that require all kinds of meds taken throughout the day. Those little pill sorters are a God Send. Many of the meds he takes are for pain, he has spinal damage & neuropathy from diabetes. We call those meds the Stupid Pills cuz if you take them incorrectly you turn stupid. Can't remember the day or your name. Lol
This way he always knows if he's taken the right meds at the right time
I also made him a spreadsheet of the meds to carry in his wallet we update it as needed so we can always answer the dreaded "what medications do you take?" question.