PDA

View Full Version : JEFF'S UPDATE

Bubby
February 2nd, 2015, 10:36 PM
Jeff is beginning to make some significant progress. His pain has let up a little so he's not taking as many pain meds and he's getting more active. His physical therapy is doing well and he has managed to take two showers on his own. I knew things were turning a positive corner when his appetite returned. Now I think it will be just a few more days until he gets to come home.

I went to the apartments today and was sickened by the deplorable condition of the apartment where the tenants were evicted. I will be filing a vandalism report with the Sheriff. The widow of the gentleman who passed away last month will be leaving us the end of this month to live with family. In her case I think it's a great plan. We will miss her. They were good tenants for almost 13 years and it doesn't get much better than that.

I'm thankful for your prayers. I'm feeling pretty heavy laden, but taking it one day at a time is all any of us can manage. Dottie is sick and kept me up all night last night. We went outdoors several times in a mini blizzard. The weather is better tonight if we have another bad night of tummy troubles. I think part of it is she is missing Jeff.

Love & Hugs All Around....Barb

Sylvia H
February 2nd, 2015, 10:55 PM
sorry about the vandalism. I don't understand why people feel they can treat other's property this way. I am glad to hear that Jeff is feeling better. (I was so THRILLED when I was able to take a shower on my own after my surgery - I felt as excited as a little child.) Hope the pupper is feeling better.

EsGrandma
February 3rd, 2015, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the update = hope you take a few minutes for you - we're praying for you, dear husband and puppy.

Navy Wife
February 3rd, 2015, 12:18 AM
Glad to hear of the improvement. These surgeries that used to take months of recovery are so much easier these days. I hope things continue to go well. I think you might be right about Dottie missing you DH. Those Scotties are so sensitive to their peeps feelings!

Amy R
February 3rd, 2015, 12:44 AM
So glad to hear Jeff is progressing!! Prayers continue!

Simply Quilting
February 3rd, 2015, 01:07 AM
Barb, thank you for an update. Looks like you have a very full plate at the moment. I am so glad that Jeff is doing better. Hopefully, Dottie's tummy has settled down and you can get a restful night's sleep.

I'm so sorry to hear about the awful tenants. It amazes me how people just destroy something that doesn't belong to them. When I was renting, I didn't even like to put a nail in the wall.

auntiemern
February 3rd, 2015, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the update. I am sure he is ready to get home to some home cooked food, now that his appetite has returned. So sorry to hear about the vandalism. I will never understand how people can do those things. Prayers continuing for both of you. Don't forget to take care of you too.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 3rd, 2015, 01:25 AM
Thinking of you tonight, Barb! Hope the convalescents feel better soon! And that issue with the apartments doesn't get you down!

RockinLou
February 3rd, 2015, 02:11 AM
Thanks for checking in, I was thinking of you today, hoping Puppy gives you an easier day today. Great news re:Jeff. Happy to hear he's on the mend.

GuitarGramma
February 3rd, 2015, 02:32 AM
So glad to know that Jeff is improving. As for the tenants, how can people treat their home so poorly? Even if they're renting, it's their home!!! For your sake, think about getting some professional help to clean the mess the tenants left behind.

Genny
February 3rd, 2015, 02:40 AM
Happy to hear that Jeff is doing better and hopefully he'll be home soon.

Sorry to hear about your problems with the apartments. My first husband and I owned an apartment house for a few years and finally had to give it up because of the tenants destroying it or not paying their rent. I feel for you...

maxwellthecat
February 3rd, 2015, 02:49 AM
Hi Barb,

I am so happy that Jeff is doing much better, before you no it he will be home. I feel terrible about the tenants ruining the apartment, what a shame. It's a good thing the widow will be staying with family, this way she will be taken care of.
I hope you are taking care of yourself. How is your blood level doing?
I am so sorry that Dottie doesn't feel well, how is Olive? It's too bad that they can't tell us where they don't feel well.

(((((HUGS))))) Lori

dlsnaples
February 3rd, 2015, 03:07 AM
Barb, thank you for the Jeff update. How are YOU doing? Are your feet better? Hopefully you will be able to get some rest when Jeff is home and things slowly return to normal. Remember to take care of yourself. Hugs and continued prayers.

MayinJerset
February 3rd, 2015, 03:55 AM
Good to hear Jeff is doing so well and keeping prayers for continue improvement. Hope Dotty has a good night and you get some much needed rest.

Andrea F
February 3rd, 2015, 04:15 AM
Glad to hear Jeff is feeling better. Hopefully Dottie has a better night today. I'm sorry about the tenants. It must be really bad if you have to file a vandalism report. Don't forget to take care of yourself!

Cathy F
February 3rd, 2015, 06:58 AM
Thinking of you and hope things get better. It a sad state of affairs when people feel they have the right to destroy other's property.

Glad to hear Jeff is progressing, hope he'll be home soon. Going back and forth to the hospital can be draining. Hope Miss Dottie is feeling better soon. My dog was so attuned to our feelings that if one of us was sick he would never leave our side till we were feeling better.

Monique
February 3rd, 2015, 10:41 AM
I am glad to hear Jeff is doing better. Sorry to hear about the 'bad' tenants and sorry you are losing 'good' ones.

Have a good day.

MRoy
February 3rd, 2015, 10:57 AM
I'm glad to hear Jeff is improving and I hope Dottie is better this morning too. I'm sorry about the conditions of your vacant apartment. Some people just don't give a d*mn. I hope your next tenants are excellent! Take care of yourself. (((HUGS)))

ravelim
February 3rd, 2015, 11:02 AM
So glad to know that Jeff is improving. As for the tenants, how can people treat their home so poorly? Even if they're renting, it's their home!!! For your sake, think about getting some professional help to clean the mess the tenants left behind.
I think the idea of some professional help to clean is a brilliant idea for you. You have to take care of you,too. Prayers for you.

WendyI
February 3rd, 2015, 12:01 PM
So glad to hear Jeff is improving and can soon come home! That will be a lot off your mind. Sorry about the vandalism...that just stinks. Some people I just can't understand. Hope you can get some compensation for the damage. (((HUGS)))

sewbizzy
February 3rd, 2015, 03:57 PM
Barb, Thanks for the update...I am so glad Jeff is feeling better...it does take some time for the pain to lessen...praying that your problems with any tenants will be over, too...hugs and blessings...

GrammaBabs
February 3rd, 2015, 09:04 PM
thinking of you Barb... glad to hear Jeff's doing well,, and YES,,, our fur babies are effected when things are not the "norm".... they are smart little "people"..:)

MBCA
February 4th, 2015, 12:48 AM
Glad to hear Jeff is doing better, sorry all the property issues came up at this time, hope you are feeling better and monitoring yourself as well. Prayers coming your way.