PDA

View Full Version : A beautiful site

Sandy Navas
February 2nd, 2015, 04:51 PM
Al just beckoned me outside to take a look at a gorgeous blue sky filled with a multitude of SNOW GEESE.

BEAUTIFUL creatures . . . a bit noisy though.

Sandy Navas
February 2nd, 2015, 04:54 PM
Ahem . . . that should have read SIGHT! Looks like mine is failing . . .

K. McEuen
February 2nd, 2015, 04:57 PM
We seem to be a stopover (several weeks) for the Canadian Geese before they continue farther south to the Bosque del Apache each year. In the valley and some more rural areas, cut fields will just be full of them snacking on who knows what until they have eaten their fill and move on. Nothing quite like a loud, honking field of geese.

K. McEuen
February 2nd, 2015, 04:58 PM
Ahem . . . that should have read SIGHT! Looks like mine is failing . . .

Haha, I noticed that and was looking for a link ...

bubba
February 2nd, 2015, 05:05 PM
What is a snow goose???

Jean Sewing Machine
February 2nd, 2015, 06:08 PM
When I went to Iowa Jan. 18, (traveling across Mid-Missouri) I saw flock after flock of geese flying WEST! Go figure!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 2nd, 2015, 06:11 PM
snow goose

bscuzz
February 2nd, 2015, 07:49 PM
As a kid my daddy used to sing a few lines of a song called 'the old gray goose' . . . so prompted by this thread I googled it and came up with this!!

Obviously "snow geese" are a different breed, but this YT clip reminded me of my daddy - always a good thing!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUIF9lIhPk4

mpattylou
February 3rd, 2015, 12:49 AM
So that's were they went. Last week they were eating corn left in our harvested fields here in southern Illinois. There were thousands of them just behind our house. They are very noisy birds.

meliswan
February 3rd, 2015, 04:13 PM
Yesterday I watched 7 young deer playing tag in my backyard in the rain. They were racing around in circles, in and out of the woods, jumping the creek, and racing uphill. This went on for about 30 mins. sometimes they would turn so fast that their back legs would slip and they would fall on their butts. I took a picture from my phone, but with the distance and rain you can't see them.