PDA

View Full Version : My new grandson!

Madeforyouinma11
February 2nd, 2015, 12:09 PM
Well, here is a pic of my new little one....and I mean little. He was 4lbs 8 ozs and 16.3" long. Tiny, tiny little thing. I wish I could go see him but he is in Florida and I'm here in Mass. He is doing well and off all of the attached gear he had on for a few days, except for a little oxygen. Breathing on his own and just working on holding his body temp. As of today, he has gained a little weight and moving in the right direction.
Oh, and his name is Kayden.

Kgrammiecaz
February 2nd, 2015, 12:19 PM
He is just absolutely beautiful. Yes, what a little one he is. Congratulations to all!

Amy R
February 2nd, 2015, 12:35 PM
Congratulations!!! Grow little man grow! He is adorable.

Sylvia H
February 2nd, 2015, 12:37 PM
How very sweet. Congratulations to all in the family.

Granny Fran
February 2nd, 2015, 12:51 PM
Cil, come one year from now and you'll never know he started out so tiny. DD was small and all caught up at one year. He is adorable. Are parents doing well, too? It can be kinda scary have such a little one. Congratulations to you all !!!

Midge
February 2nd, 2015, 12:55 PM
How sweet! Congratulations to all, and sure hope the little guy can eat enough on his own to get rid of that tube!

Pandabear
February 2nd, 2015, 12:55 PM
Congratulations! He's a gorgeous boy.

Iris Girl
February 2nd, 2015, 01:00 PM
Congratulations to all the family. He is so precious and handsome!

vchale
February 2nd, 2015, 01:10 PM
Congratulations to you and your family. Hope he continues to improve quickly so he can go home!

Madeforyouinma11
February 2nd, 2015, 01:49 PM
Cil, come one year from now and you'll never know he started out so tiny. DD was small and all caught up at one year. He is adorable. Are parents doing well, too? It can be kinda scary have such a little one. Congratulations to you all !!!
Yes Fran the parents are doing really well. Mom was discharged on Saturday so they spend their days at the hospital with the baby.

Madeforyouinma11
February 2nd, 2015, 01:51 PM
How sweet! Congratulations to all, and sure hope the little guy can eat enough on his own to get rid of that tube!

There is no feeding tube anymore. He is eating on his own and is now breastfeeding like a champ. The tube you see is just a little oxygen to keep all of his levels up. Hoping that goes away today or tomorrow.

CarolynK
February 2nd, 2015, 01:56 PM
Oh my! Congratulations and he is a beautiful wee one!

Klasien
February 2nd, 2015, 01:58 PM
Congratulations!
He is just beautiful, and I also love his name.
I hope you can go and see him soon :)

Cathy F
February 2nd, 2015, 02:28 PM
Congratulations! What a sweet little boy!

Liberty
February 2nd, 2015, 02:34 PM
He is adorable! Congrats :)

Sandy Navas
February 2nd, 2015, 02:36 PM
Congratulations, Grandma Cil! Kayden will wind up being one of those big brawny guys who breaks hearts. He sure is a cutie!!

FabStripper
February 2nd, 2015, 02:38 PM
What a sweet boy and beautiful name. Enjoy that baby boy.

Dollyquilts
February 2nd, 2015, 02:41 PM
What a beautiful baby. Prayers for continued progress.

Dolly

Carrie J
February 2nd, 2015, 03:10 PM
Cil, Congratulations to you and Kayden's parents! He might be tiny right now, but he has tremendous spirit! From small beginnings come great things!

MomGram
February 2nd, 2015, 03:10 PM
Oh what a wonderful blessing. Congrats!!

RockinLou
February 2nd, 2015, 03:18 PM
Congratulations, tiny but mighty!! My first was tiny for a long time, but she is mighty strong!! Once the health concerns were behind us, I embraced my teeny tiny and counted it as a blessing, who else gets the adorableness of newborn clothes for a whole six weeks like I got to enjoy?? Oh those little Gymboree 0-7 pound outfits don't even fit her dolls!! LOL!

MBCA
February 2nd, 2015, 04:04 PM
Congratulations! What a precious angel.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 2nd, 2015, 04:12 PM
He is just a precious little doll! Congratulations!

bubba
February 2nd, 2015, 04:41 PM
Congratulations!! My youngest grandboy was a little one. Just under six pounds, then he lost a pound in the hospital. We had to go buy preemie everything, which is not an easy thing to do on short notice. He turns nine the end of this month, and while my youngest grandgirl, who is a year younger, is taller than him, he doesn't care.

Hopefully you can go see him soon!

Hulamoon
February 2nd, 2015, 04:43 PM
How precious. Congratulations!

songbird857
February 2nd, 2015, 05:51 PM
Aw Cil:). Congrats on a beautiful grandbaby! My 19DD was 4 lbs 10 oz (full term). Pedi said she would always be small, but as long as she was healthy..... And that she is :)

MayinJerset
February 2nd, 2015, 06:57 PM
. Welcome to the little guy - so glad he is doing so well.

shermur
February 2nd, 2015, 07:02 PM
Congrats, Cil...how precious. I get to finally see my new grandson this weekend!

RiverMomm
February 3rd, 2015, 12:02 AM
Congratulations! How many quilts have you made for him so far?? :)

Our first grandchild was born 2 and a half years ago and was tiny. Two months early and hooked up to all sorts of things. Within days, he was off of everything. He is now the size of a 4 year old! Big boy!

Madeforyouinma11
February 3rd, 2015, 12:27 AM
Congratulations! How many quilts have you made for him so far?? :)

Our first grandchild was born 2 and a half years ago and was tiny. Two months early and hooked up to all sorts of things. Within days, he was off of everything. He is now the size of a 4 year old! Big boy!

Right now I'm working on making a couple of self binding blankets and taking any flannel that I have for a boy and making receiving blankets. Hoping to get those in the mail Wednesday or Thursday. I have a quilt in mind for him but I need to get the fabrics, so he won't get that until later this month.

stationarymom
February 3rd, 2015, 01:53 AM
Congratulations! He's beautiful.My son was born just under that,he should be home in no time.

maxwellthecat
February 3rd, 2015, 02:54 AM
He is so adorable, before you know it he will be double in size.

WendyI
February 3rd, 2015, 06:08 PM
Congratulations doll! He's gorgeous!

Simply Quilting
February 3rd, 2015, 06:17 PM
Congratulations Grandma!!! He looks like a sweetie.

Betsy D
February 3rd, 2015, 06:44 PM
He's beautiful! Congratulations!

quiltingtrish
February 3rd, 2015, 09:18 PM
Awww - he is beautiful. Congratulations and when you get to hold him, give him an extra hug from me.
Love his name.