PDA

View Full Version : I'M A REAL NIGHT OWL TONIGHT

MayinJerset
February 2nd, 2015, 02:58 AM
fell asleep early this evening so now I'll be wide awake for hours. So, Who Won the Super Bowl? DH took peeks at the game but for the most part had some old boring TV shows on and they put me to sleep.

Going to take a look around the forum and may not be back my tree as it just started to snow. Snow I can handle as I can flap my wings to get it off but icy rain just turns me into an ice sculpture.

bubba
February 2nd, 2015, 03:03 AM
Seattle handed the other team the game on a silver platter......

RhondaRae
February 2nd, 2015, 03:04 AM
Patriots won so I 'm told. I usually watch it but got caught up in other things and never did turn to it. but DH kept me informed. It as a good game sounds like. Better than last year anyway.

RhondaRae
February 2nd, 2015, 03:04 AM
I take it you don't like the Patriots LOL

Kgrammiecaz
February 2nd, 2015, 03:19 AM

That was perfectly said. I still cannot believe that happened. What a nightmare. Those guys will sleep Lose over that crazy mistake. My heart goes out to all though. How heartbreaking. And, I would not want to be the winner under those circumstances either.

MayinJerset
February 2nd, 2015, 03:28 AM
My DS#3 and his son will be happy the Patriots won as they live in Massachusetts and are Patriots fans.

I'm not a fan of any sports or teams. Did follow them for many years when our sons were younger and played baseball, football, basketball, hockey, soccer, cross country and tennis. Grandkids weren't into sports except Christine who played soccer in grade and high school - now she runs with her DH. Forgot her sister became a scuba driver and dove with her father, DS#2. When I was a kid I was a Brooklyn Dodger fan, didn't know anything much about baseball but if you lived in Brooklyn you were a Dodger fan.

Judy, USMC

Well said. The head coach took responsibility for calling that bad pass play that got intercepted ~ but I wonder if he will make good the bonus his team would have won.

kaydee
I agree with Bubba, but will give the Patriots credit for doing what it takes to win. That 4th quarter gave me flashbacks to when I used to watch the Vikings give games away in the 4th quarter. I've since given up on the Vikings.

On a happier note, I really enjoyed the half time show -- especially the beginning and the end.

toggpine
February 2nd, 2015, 03:53 AM
Well Pat, you got your wish. I hope it helps with the bag orders! ;)

bscuzz
February 2nd, 2015, 03:57 AM
Hey all you Night Owls - I missed the game and the half time show, but I'm sure we'll see those for days and days. So did the football still have air in it by the time the game was over??? I watched DA, then got busy deboning dress slacks and just never changed the channel to the game!!

My mind was mulling over what fabric to pair with the poly/rayon (fm the slacks) to piece the "Big Star Quilt" using a 7" block. Maybe I should buy poly/rayon in white to use as the background - or a chambray or something similar to match weight of the PR for the background??? So many decisions . . . . when I don't know what I'm doing - but anxious to get started!!! Well, I'm so cold my wings are frozen stiff . . . gotta find a warm cozy place!!

Granny Fran
February 2nd, 2015, 04:21 AM
Hello, all. Can't sleep and the Buddy Boy is on my lap making sure I keep him petted. He is such a beast. Hope to see you all tomorrow...or should I say later today?? The snow storm is passing us by, but dumping rain instead. Hope our sump pump holds up and keeps the basement dry. It flooded last year and that's how DH's man cave became my sewing room. LOL. He now has the other half of the basement for his workshop since he retired he is cranking out all sorts of stuff on his scroll saw. I need to make sure he keeps the door closed separating our rooms because the sawdust is getting on everything!!!!

Juliet Taylor
February 2nd, 2015, 04:48 AM
Hello... did not see the Superbowl, didn't even know there was, but I'm being kinda of confused and frustrated, this week of going back to work was so tiring because in the middle of the week two colleagues (we are a total of four) got sick and... you know the rest.
Just stopping to say "Hi" to all the Night Owls and not only!

It's Monday ... at least there is smell of chocolate in my house since I'm cooking something delicious!!

kimsophia
February 2nd, 2015, 05:36 AM
We didn't watch the Super Bowl or anything else because our satellite dish is covered in a foot of snow and isn't working! Good thing I was entertaining myself with counted cross stitch anyway. Little Bo Peep is more than half embroidered. I think I'll take a break and sew the flannel frame around the aida fabric to make up the bib when she and her sheep are done...

Stay warm, Night Owls!

Bubby
February 2nd, 2015, 10:08 AM
Yes, the Patriots won fair and square. It was unfortunate the Seahawks had so many injuries to key players. The name of the game is being the better team at that specific moment in time and that was the Patriots. Congratulations Pats! Nancy (Loonwatcher) I know you're thrilled!! I only watch the Super Bowl games for the halftime entertainment and the commercials and I didn't even do much of that last night because Dottie is sick and we were outdoors most of the evening.

Claire Hallman
February 2nd, 2015, 11:53 AM
I watched the commercials mostly, didn't pay much attention to the game. I thought that many of the commercials were quite depressing, not fun and they would not encourage me to buy their product.
I did like horses rescuing the puppy but I am not much of a beer drinker:D.