PDA

View Full Version : So Sad!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 1st, 2015, 08:47 PM
My daughter's "middle" child, Bogart. Poor guy, he has a spinal injury, cannot walk, is incontinent, can't control bowels or bladder. The vet says nothing can be done to help. They've decided it's time for crossing the Rainbow Bridge. Sad because last Monday, their kitty passed also. The kids are so attached to their pets. They do have two other dogs to love on, but this guy was my favorite!

Divine Daisy
February 1st, 2015, 08:48 PM
awwwwwwww Jean. Poor little man

Carrie J
February 1st, 2015, 08:55 PM
Oh Jean, this is sooooo very sad and heart breaking. I feel for you and your kids, and it's such an extremely hard decision to make. My heart goes out to you and your kids. But I know as sure as the World, they'll be there to greet us when it's our time.

ozziepuppy
February 1st, 2015, 09:01 PM
This is very sad. It happened to our dog a year ago Thanksgiving. Same symptoms, although not a spinal injury. Now Thanksgiving reminds me of losing him. Dogs (and other pets) can be true members of the family, and it really hurts to lose them.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 1st, 2015, 09:05 PM
99972. This guy is mine, almost 18. I'm afraid I'm going to be facing this soon. Just love on him and spoil him till the time comes. He's balanced on my leg in our snuggle chair right now!

Sandy Navas
February 1st, 2015, 09:27 PM
Brought tears to my eyes, pulled my heart strings for sure. Prayers for Bogart - he's a truly handsome fellow.

Amy R
February 1st, 2015, 09:29 PM
This is so sad. I hate that we never get enough time with fur babies.

Kgrammiecaz
February 1st, 2015, 09:32 PM
What a beautiful face. So hard to say goodbye. Heartwrenching for sure. Hugs to all.

BobW
February 1st, 2015, 09:39 PM
Jean,

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandcat and granddog. It is so hard to lose them, they really are members of the family.

auntiemern
February 1st, 2015, 10:02 PM
Jean, I am so sorry that your DD, and GK's are going through this. Will say an extra prayer for comfort for all of you.

JaniceR
February 1st, 2015, 10:15 PM
Jean, I am so sorry. We lost our cat a little over a year ago and we still miss him very much. Pets are truly part of our family and losing them is so very difficult.

Lindagie
February 1st, 2015, 10:34 PM
So sorry about your granddog and grandkitty. It is always so hard to lose our furry family members.

Cathy F
February 1st, 2015, 10:44 PM
What a sweet face. Breaks my heart to hear when animals reach the end of their road and cross that bridge. As hard it is they depend on us to be their advocate and do the right thing when their time comes and not let them suffer. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Genny
February 1st, 2015, 10:50 PM
Oh Jean...this so sad...brought tears to my eyes..hugs to you all...

dwil23
February 1st, 2015, 10:55 PM
So sorry. I know how hard it is.

(((HUGS))))

carolynrae
February 1st, 2015, 10:58 PM
They are part of the family. Sorry everyone is loosing a friend.

Pandabear
February 2nd, 2015, 12:08 AM
I'm really sorry Jean

Grandma G
February 2nd, 2015, 12:15 AM
I hate to hear that. It is always so sad to lose one of our four legged babies. And knowing how it is going to affect your grandchildren makes the loss even worse. I dread when it happens to my son's chocolate lab, Belle, who my granddaughter just adores. And that dog is just crazy about her. They are always together. I just talked to my son about that yesterday and he totally agreed saying that in Morgan's mind Belle is just going to grow up with her. I'm not looking forward to that loss.

I'll be thinking about Bogart and your daughter and her family and say some special prayers for them tonight.

Granny Fran
February 2nd, 2015, 12:17 AM
So sad to lose 2 so close together. We did that 3 years ago with 2 of our cats. It breaks your heart, but it is so good that we can ease their suffering. Our little Tweetie is 19 and a half and barely weighs 3 pounds now (hyperthyroidism). Our vet said it is better to just not treat her and give her quality of life. She looks pitiful, but is full of spunk. You'd never know it she was that old. We lost her sister just 2 years ago this week. I dread the day we have to say goodbye to her.

Give the GK's extra hugs this weekend.

Ahamblin
February 2nd, 2015, 02:08 AM
Jean such a tough thing for your dd to have to go through. Prayers for the family.

GuitarGramma
February 2nd, 2015, 02:15 AM
Oh Jean, I'm so sorry to hear that you all are having to make this decision. But it is the right decision. My beloved Golden Retriever had the same symptoms from cancer, and I had to make the same decision. As much as it hurt, I knew it was the right thing to do.

MayinJerset
February 2nd, 2015, 03:04 AM
It is sad that they have lost their cat and dog, they were well loved.

RhondaRae
February 2nd, 2015, 03:09 AM
So tough to lose our loved furries. We have been on a roller coaster with our Molly dog for a couple of months now. she has some sort of skin problem and jsut had a biopsy done Thurs. to see if it is skin cancer or not. facing that decision also if this is not something we can fix.

I feel for the kids and how hard it is to lose their dog. My dd had to put their lab to sleep a year ago the day before Christmas. She had gotten a French bulldog to take home the same day to make it easier on the kids to adjust. but it's still hard no matter

lapeoples
February 2nd, 2015, 05:23 AM
Very sorry. It's so hard to lose a furbaby.

rebeccas-sewing
February 2nd, 2015, 05:25 AM
Poor pup. It's not easy saying goodbye. To lose one right after the other makes it even tougher.

Sylvia H
February 2nd, 2015, 05:41 AM
Very sorry to read about this loss. Our pets have a special place in our homes and our hearts.

easyquilts
February 2nd, 2015, 06:14 AM
Oh Jean.... He's adorable.... I'm so sad for your family. The kids will be heart broken... It's amazing how close we get to our pets... I know my two little guys mean the world to me....

MomGram
February 2nd, 2015, 08:55 AM
I am truly sorry, hugs.

Monique
February 2nd, 2015, 09:40 AM
Sad for the whole family. Thinking of you.

MRoy
February 2nd, 2015, 10:41 AM
Thinking of your family during this difficult time. The loss of a loved pet is sooo hard.

LRM
February 2nd, 2015, 10:50 AM
The hardest part of losing pets for me is the pain my kids go through. Even though they are in their twenties, my girls really feel the pain of losing their childhood pets. I'm so sorry for your daughter and her children. Losing two pets so close is really a blow. I hope they find some comfort soon. I'm so sorry.

Claire Hallman
February 2nd, 2015, 11:58 AM
It is so difficult to lose our furry friends but do not want them to suffer.
My heart is with you.

GrammaBabs
February 2nd, 2015, 12:29 PM
Hugs of comfort to you, Jean and your Daughter... especially the grands...

I swear God gives us these wonderful creatures to "ground us" and make us realize how simple it can be to have joy and love in our lives... without all the bells and whistles!!! Their ways of showing loyalty and devotion are truly lessons to us all... GB

I'm writing this in memory of "Kippy", "Bootch", "Willy", "Kabu", "OOgie" and "Yoda", "Niko", and "Kodi"..:)))) The wonderful dogs and cats that enriched the lives of our family for many years!!

mommadeb
February 2nd, 2015, 04:27 PM
Hugs to all of you.

maxwellthecat
February 3rd, 2015, 03:19 AM
OMG Jean, I am so sorry about your DD's and GK's dog and cat. That is so heartbreaking.

dlsnaples
February 3rd, 2015, 03:26 AM
What a sad night for so many of our friends and their fur babies. I wish I could say the painful loss will lessen quickly! but healing takes time. Hugs and prayers going out to hopefully give a little comfort tonight.

WendyI
February 3rd, 2015, 05:53 PM
Sorry I missed this thread Jean. That is so very sad. It's always hard to lose our furkids. I've lost so many now I think when my two cats and dog go I will not have any more. It's just too painful when they have to go. (((HUGS)))

Your kitty is so precious. Hopefully he has a few more years yet!

Simply Quilting
February 3rd, 2015, 06:58 PM
Hugs. He looks so sweet. I'm so sorry that your daughter's family has had to lose two pets in such a short time. Our pets become such sweet family members. I don't like to have to put down an animal but I hate to see it suffer even more.

Over40momma
February 4th, 2015, 02:30 PM
This is one of the hardest decisions we have to make. It is never easy to say GoodBye and harder to live without them. We love them. We don't want them to suffer but we know our life is just a little 'less' without them. Jean, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. And that sweet boy will be romping and tail wagging on the Rainbow Bridge keeping watch over all of you. :icon_hug:

Carlie Wolf
February 4th, 2015, 11:43 PM
It's so sad when it's time to do this. I really feel for you all. It just breaks your heart.

jjkaiser
February 5th, 2015, 12:09 AM
I was crushed when I had to put my dog norman down at just 3 yrs old. He was kind of high syrung and flipped out on 4th of July, wedged himself between iron bed and wall to hide. He wound up being paralyzed from the waist down and slipped a disc too, was in terrible pain. Vet said he was 99% sure he would not make it thru surgery, plus would never walk again and have to wear diapers--so it was with a heavy heart I put him down. I knew it was best for him, sometimes it's what you gotta do like in your case, but it sure is hard letting go. My heart goes out to you. You have to be strong and think what's best for the dog. Awww---

Miss Sheri
February 5th, 2015, 01:21 AM
So Sad indeed. What a sweet face. Blessings on your family, Jean.