PDA

View Full Version : I lost my little Buddy

vchale
February 1st, 2015, 06:07 PM
99949I have hesitated to post because so many others are dealing with more serious grief but last Monday I had to have my dog put to sleep. He had just turned 9 on Jan 1. Sunday night when I put him to bed he seemed to be having some breathing issues. I took him to the vet first thing Monday morning and he said his heart murmur was worse. He thought he could help him. He called me after he had done the X-ray and said my dog was trying to die. His heart was huge and he couldn't breathe. My hubby and I hurried over to say goodbye. It was all so fast and we've been in shock. This is not a very good picture but it's what we've found so far. He was a coton de tulear. And upside down. Sorry

Navy Wife
February 1st, 2015, 06:15 PM
What a pretty little one. Our fur babies are family, too. We love and miss them so much. My heart goes out to you.

Amy R
February 1st, 2015, 06:30 PM
I'm so sorry, he was so handsome!! May you find comfort in the happy memories you shared.

lapeoples
February 1st, 2015, 06:31 PM
So sorry. I know how hard it is to lose a furbaby.

Susann
February 1st, 2015, 06:33 PM
I'm in tears for you and sending {{{{{hugs}}}}}} through this really tough time.

LRM
February 1st, 2015, 06:35 PM
Losing a pet is very, very difficult. I have lost 2 since November and while it isn't the same as losing a sister, friend, or loved one it does leave a big hole in your heart. The companionship is what is so difficult to lose. I hope you feel love and peace from those around you.

Hulamoon
February 1st, 2015, 06:40 PM
I'm so sorry. Having to make that decision is especially hard ((hugs))

Bubby
February 1st, 2015, 06:45 PM
He was such a beautiful companion. I'm so sorry for your loss....it's truly the loss of a family member. My prayers are with you.

shermur
I'm so sorry Verona.....may your heart heal with time.

Grandma G
I'm so sorry to hear this. We have lost several dogs over the years and I know how difficult it is to say goodbye. I told my dh I would never put myself through that again. My heart can't take it.

My heart goes out to you.

vchale
February 1st, 2015, 06:57 PM
Thanks to all for the sweet words and hugs. I'm hoping to feel like sewing again soon.

buckeyequilter
February 1st, 2015, 07:09 PM
I'm so sorry....yes our pets are family too.

Genny
February 1st, 2015, 07:15 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Our pets are family to us and losing them leaves an empty spot in our hearts. Hugs...Genny

Shirley
February 1st, 2015, 07:22 PM
Sorry for your loss. He's so cute!

K. McEuen
February 1st, 2015, 07:47 PM
So sorry that you lost your buddy and how cute was he - looks like a little dust mop with legs. I lost both of my senior dogs this past year, it's not easy.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
February 1st, 2015, 08:19 PM
Vernona, I'm no stranger to serious grief. But it's OK to grieve for our pets too. They live with us and we love them. There's every reason to grieve that loss, even though there are other losses that are worse.

Kgrammiecaz
February 1st, 2015, 08:25 PM
So sorry about your loss. They love us unconditionally. It is very hard to let them go. Sending hugs.

Sandy Navas
February 1st, 2015, 08:29 PM
This hurts so much - knowing that our little buddy won't be long with us either. They are such wonderful friends.

sally
February 1st, 2015, 08:32 PM
My deepest sympathy...it is Never easy to say goodbye. I feel your pain!

Cathy F
February 1st, 2015, 09:09 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Mine will be gone two years this month and I still get teary eyed. They leave a huge hole in your heart.

ozziepuppy
February 1st, 2015, 09:12 PM
He is absolutely gorgeous. I am sorry for the loss of your furbaby.

Gina
February 1st, 2015, 09:12 PM
So sorry for your loss. Hugs to you! He was a cutie!

Carrie J
February 1st, 2015, 09:14 PM
Vernona, losing our furbabies leaves a hole as big a Texas in our hearts! So sorry for y'all.............{{{Hugs}}}}

marytfnp
February 1st, 2015, 09:16 PM
Loosing a pet is awful, Hugs your way

lmanna
February 1st, 2015, 09:23 PM
My thoughts (and tears) are with you. I have lost 1 cat and 2 dogs over the years. After our last dog passed away DH and I promised ourselves we would not get another animal because saying good-bye is so darn difficult. Turned out I was too depressed without a dog in my life so a month later we adopted a dog from our local shelter. She is a complete joy and I do not want to imagine life without her. I dread the day I say goodbye to her but am enjoying every day I have with her. One thing I have finally learned is that the grief of their passing does not out weigh/negate all of the joy they bring into your life.

May you find peace and never forget all of the joy he brought into your life.

auntiemern
February 1st, 2015, 10:05 PM
So sorry for your loss. It hurts when we lose our fur babies too.

jjkaiser
February 1st, 2015, 10:39 PM
I am a huge dog lover, so I feel your pain. Our dogs are always "there" for us with unconditional love and I can tell you are very sad and missing him. Just try to remember all the good times and remind yourself that you were always there for him too. I'm sure he had many happy wonderful years with you.

BellasQuilts
February 1st, 2015, 10:41 PM
So sorry for your loss. They are an important part of the family.

Carlie Wolf
February 1st, 2015, 10:46 PM
I am so sorry this happened. They give so unselfishly we miss them terribly. I believe that they are still with us. This is a poem I keep when I have those sad days. I have the poem attached to the back of a picture I have hanging in my office of my special lil guy.

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.
I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.
I want to re-assure you, that I'm not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said " it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.
It's possible for me, to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."
You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...
In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning
and say "good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.

Be patient, live your journey out...then come home to be with me.

Author ~ Unknown ~?~

dwil23
February 1st, 2015, 10:55 PM
(((HUGS)))

FabStripper
February 1st, 2015, 11:02 PM
So sorry to hear you lost your buddy. I hope you find comfort in knowing you were there for him when he needed you most. You made his walk over the bridge easier. I tried to put your pictures upright.9998399984

charsethman
February 1st, 2015, 11:08 PM
(((((HUGS)))))) I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dog. I had to have 2 of them (golden retrievers-brothers) put down 2 years ago...both within 2 months of each other, they were 11yrs old. It is HORRIBLE!!! We make them our family and losing them, even though they are pets, is a very hard thing to go thru! Just take one day at a time....and KNOW...you gave them the best home, lots of love, and treated them like family. :(

Lindagie
February 1st, 2015, 11:18 PM
So sorry for your loss, esp. since it was so quick. It never is easy; our fur buddies are sometimes our best friends. He was a beautiful guy too. So sorry!

Pandabear
February 2nd, 2015, 12:07 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Ahamblin
February 2nd, 2015, 02:04 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. They are part of the family and leave to quickly.

GuitarGramma
February 2nd, 2015, 02:17 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Our dogs love us so completely that it's really, really hard to lose them.

MayinJerset
February 2nd, 2015, 03:05 AM
Oh gee, another member has lost a loved pet - so sad for you.

rebeccas-sewing
February 2nd, 2015, 05:54 AM
I'm so sorry. I've been in this position in the past and it's never easy. We've had quite a few pets over the years and I grieved over the loss of every single one - guinea pigs, rabbits, birds, cats and dogs. They were all special to our family and we loved them all. I guess the only one I didn't grieve over was the goldfish although it went pretty hard with my daughter. My husband made a little wooden tombstone and buried the fish in our front yard where there's a row of boxwood planted. One day I found my daughter sitting by the grave in tears telling me she missed her fish. I'm guessing she was around 5 or so. Heartbreaking moments that we'll never forget.

easyquilts
February 2nd, 2015, 06:05 AM
I can't tell you how sorry I am for your loss... Our fur babies mean so much to us... They are family, and we love them. It really hurts to lose them...

God bless...

MomGram
February 2nd, 2015, 08:52 AM
I am so very sorry, hugs.

Suzette
February 2nd, 2015, 08:54 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. This is a road I have traveled too many times myself (the only downfall of being an animal lover!). Hugs!!!

Monique
February 2nd, 2015, 09:41 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.

vchale
February 2nd, 2015, 04:46 PM
Thanks again to all of you for your words of comfort. I think his loss is magnified because our daughter and her family who lived close by moved to Portland OR only 3 weeks ago. The kids are 7,5,3 and 9 months. We have been a huge part of their lives and it has left a big hole. Also, my husband took a severance package from his job and has been home since before Christmas. He is looking for another job and we will move but don't know when or where. We won't stay here because it's too expensive and there is nothing to keep us here except the beautiful weather. Just too much upheaval and losses too close together. But I have been glad to share with all of you.

maxwellthecat
February 3rd, 2015, 03:11 AM
Oh I am so sorry about the loss of your dog, it is so heartbreaking. My heart goes out to you. :(

dlsnaples
February 3rd, 2015, 03:23 AM
I am so sorry. Our furry children are such a part of our lives. Hugs and a virtual shoulder to cry on.

Preeti
February 3rd, 2015, 03:22 PM
Hugs & Prayers for you, Vernona

WendyI
February 3rd, 2015, 03:28 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss.

quiltingtrish
February 3rd, 2015, 09:36 PM
Awww. So sorry to hear of your dog. They surely are a large part of our lives.

bhaggerty
February 4th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Oh my, so sorry!!! Such a tough loss! I dread that day as we have 2 sweet dogs.

Over40momma
February 4th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Vernona, our furbabies are as much a part of us as our children are! Of course you should tell us sweetie. No one's pain is more or less than anyone elses. I am so sorry for the passing of your sweet friend. With so many changes around you, it is no wonder you are feeling the way you do. Sending you lots of :icon_hug: and remember, he is waiting on the Rainbow Bridge full of health and vigor with no pain.