PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning and Hello February....

buckeyequilter
February 1st, 2015, 12:36 PM

Good morning....

Well last night was all fun and games until........the cops showed up:
http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/general-chit-chat/48993-did-ya-miss-me.html
I'll never go shopping with Carrie again, my party's all over before it began............LOL

I don't have any plans for today, other than watch it snow. Not so sure I want to slog through that to get to my quilting room.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs.

Carrie J
February 1st, 2015, 01:07 PM

See, we gotta get out communication down pat, NOT catch, DUCK!

I seriously don't know which of us is the worst enabler/influencer!! Pouring rain here, so in the sewing room is where I'll be!

Welcome February...........how many days to Spring? Hope everyone has a great day, enjoys the Super Bowl, or whatever you choice for fun is today. Hugs and Blessings to all, especially those that need them! :D

Sonic
February 1st, 2015, 01:08 PM
How many new inches do you have over there?
We've got 3-4 fresh ones this morning and it's coming down heavily now. The "prediction" is for the worst of it later today and tonight.
Oy!

buckeyequilter
February 1st, 2015, 01:09 PM
How many new inches do you have over there?
We've got 3-4 fresh ones this morning and it's coming down heavily now. The "prediction" is for the worst of it later today and tonight.
Oy!

That's about what we've got.....it has stopped for now but supposed to start back up this afternoon and go until about midnight.

Granny Fran
February 1st, 2015, 01:19 PM
Carrie, Shirley....who put up the bail money? I'm sure the bail bondsman is looking at fabric right now. LOL

Shirley, when we lived in Alaska we had a cat that would tunnel in the snow and always find his way back to the front door. Never did figure out how he did it, but the front yard looked like gopher holes come spring (we're talking 5 to 6 FEET of snow. Know how our Canadian friends feel. :lol:

LRM
February 1st, 2015, 01:44 PM
Good morning! We need some of that snow! If Utah wants water in the summer we need snow in the winter and we are in short supply. Stay warm and safe everyone.

Last night I was working away in my sewing room and couldn't get to the pile of fabric I needed because of this fur ball. It was too cute not to take a pic and leave her be. I hope to get more done today. I've been working on an appliqued kitty quilt-as-you-go. Here is the real thing and a few representations. Happy Sunday!

buckeyequilter
February 1st, 2015, 01:47 PM
Awwwww.....what a cute kitty, Louise.

The quilt as you go kitties are cute too :)

Cathy F
February 1st, 2015, 02:20 PM
Morning all,

Day got off to a lazy start lingering over breakfast and the Sunday paper. Well, I have a new can opener, and no it wasn't the $499.00 one!
(for those of you wondering you can look at my I was shocked post). My husband bought one for $9.00, and we are still getting a good chuckle out of those prices of those online like ours that broke!

No big Superbowl plans today although my husband will probably be watching the game. I don't think he thinks much of my way in picking the winning team. I choose the uniforms I like the best. I will probably be up in my sewing room since he doesn't want my expertise on the game. I think my get up and go got up and went. I've had no desire to sew this week and have things I must get done. Anyone else get that?

They are predicting more snow tonight so we'll see what we wake up to tomorrow.

Louise- adorable kitty, looks so very comfortable there!
Hugs and smiles to all today!

Amy R
February 1st, 2015, 03:06 PM
No snow :( rain, ice, sleet. Booooooo.
Working on Niko's quilt today and enjoying some family time. Little one took a nap so I got extra work done!
I find myself smiling big smiles today, glad to feel it on my face again.

Hugs prayers and good thoughts all.

Doloris
February 1st, 2015, 03:22 PM
we got about 3 or 4 here too. Last night the weatherman said we were on the line and probably would get more rain than snow. Since the storm isn't supposed to really get started till around 4: 00 and snow like he$%^ I think he was wrong. AGAIN

Simply Quilting
February 1st, 2015, 05:11 PM
Good Afternoon! A very cute kitty. The snow here is very heavy with a little bit of freezing rain thrown in.

irishrn
February 1st, 2015, 05:38 PM
It's now 330pm here and I'm just taking a break! I started emptying the laundry room for painting on Thursday and have been at it everyday. Got ceiling, cabinets, walls and trim all done. Just need to do a little wall touch up and wash the floor and wait for the cabinet man to bring my new cabinet over to install. Everything in there was original to the house built in 1984 and I've had it for 19 years. Needed some bright white and latte walls to brighten it up! Time to replace the green that was there for the past 8 years!
Today was cloudy but didn't require a coat so I have to assume it made it into the high 50's at least. Never did check!
Have had the roofers here since Friday morning replacing the old (original) roof. They came back this am to do the clean up. I will NOT miss that banging all day! But it looks so nice! Happy girl!
Stay safe everyone! This storm is suppose to pack a big punch! DS already at the airport prepping for the madness! Just finished with 25 inches and 12 more are on the way! He hates snow!
Hope all safe for Monday morning traveling!

pcbatiks
February 1st, 2015, 06:06 PM
Hi everyone, please don't throw anything at me........we have our windows open today! If you must throw something ...... Throw fabric! :D. Trying to decide on what type of blocks to put in the grinch quilt today!

Lindagie
February 1st, 2015, 11:16 PM
We got a little rain last night; nothing today; no snow at all. Your kitty is so cute and the quilt kitties are too.

dlsnaples
February 3rd, 2015, 03:32 AM
I love the kitty! My babies are so large that if they stretch out there is no room on the table for fabric. Love those Snow White kitties. I can just imagine the Alaskan kitty with the snow tunnels. Mine don't want to go on the lanai if it has rained.