PDA

View Full Version : Wish it would go away now...

Genny
February 1st, 2015, 12:16 PM
Its beautiful...but I wish it would go away now...

Jean Sewing Machine
February 1st, 2015, 12:18 PM
Feb. 1 in the heart of Iowa. Hmmmm, you may have to wait a while! But it is pretty!

Sandy Navas
February 1st, 2015, 12:22 PM
What's happening in my backyard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXCRwndDXMw

Grandma Nan
February 1st, 2015, 12:22 PM
So pretty but I know to have it this way it has to be cold. Brrrrrrrr. Tomorrow the groundhog hopefully wont see his shadow.

Suzette
February 1st, 2015, 12:30 PM
It's beautiful!! :icon_bigsmile: And while I have been blessed to see my share of such beauty outside my windows when I lived in Pennsylvania, boy am I glad I am a Floridian now! :D

Ginny B
February 1st, 2015, 12:31 PM
Sandy, so beautiful and peaceful

Jean Sewing Machine
February 1st, 2015, 12:35 PM
Love your videos and pictures. We just have rain here, that's OK with me!

Sonic
February 1st, 2015, 01:13 PM
Yep, I'm over it too. My place looks like your pics and Sandy's video.
Coming down heavily now on top of the already 8-9 inches. Will probably be up to 18 inches by tomorrow morning.
More than likely no school tomorrow for kiddo (aka... no sewing for mom)

lourixe
February 1st, 2015, 01:15 PM
What I like the most about the snow is the absolute silence it brings. Like it swallows up all the noises. I can tell it has snowed even before I am totally woken up and open the window blinds, because of the total absence of any noise.

SuzyQue
February 1st, 2015, 01:20 PM
We must be right on the edge of this storm. I woke up to snow on the ground, about 2 inches, but it was lightly raining and making everything all mushy. Since it has varied ....snow....rain...fog....snow. We must be just about freezing and it just can't decide what to do here. Staying in and sorting scraps!

Iris Girl
February 1st, 2015, 01:28 PM
What I like the most about the snow is the absolute silence it brings. Like it swallows up all the noises. I can tell it has snowed even before I am totally woken up and open the window blinds, because of the total absence of any noise.

I have always said this to my hubby and he always thought I was nuts. I would lay in bed in the morning and say it snowed at least 3 or more inches last night and have always been right. Because of the total silence.

Sandy Navas
February 1st, 2015, 01:28 PM
Anyone notice how my backyard looks almost exactly like Genny's? It is starting to drop in bundles from the roof and the trees as the temp is barely above freezing. We've had mini-avalanches from the rooftop and Al is 'itching' to go play in it with his tractor. Silly man. Guess what I'm going to be doing?

Genny
February 1st, 2015, 02:09 PM
Its coming down really hard now and the wind is picking up...guess its going to stick around:0 Weatherman says we have around 10 inches but its so wet that its packed down. Our neighbors have been out trying to use their snowblowers but the wet snow is making it impossible.

Genny
February 1st, 2015, 02:12 PM
What's happening in my backyard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXCRwndDXMw

Sandy, Funny(NOT) how the snow makes everyones yards look the same. Love your video, wish I knew how to make and post one.

Genny
February 1st, 2015, 02:16 PM
Feb. 1 in the heart of Iowa. Hmmmm, you may have to wait a while! But it is pretty!

It really is pretty...but I'm sure my husband is ready to come home and get in the shower. Hes been out since 4am with the county crew plowing the roads and they're not getting anywhere. I'm sure they're going to have a long day today and even tomorrow.

ilive2craft2
February 1st, 2015, 02:21 PM
We have 3 or 4 inches so far - very wet snow, so it has compacted. There was a break in it coming down, so we went out to scoop the driveway. The neighbor catty corner from us came over and used his snow blower on our driveway! Woohoo! Now I need to make some cookies or brownies to deliver to him.

It has started back up, but they have lowered the total we are supposed to get - it was 7 to 9, but now they are saying 4-7, but high winds tonight. Not sure how bad the blowing and drifting will be since it is so wet? Not planning on a a snow day, that's for sure. :)

It is pretty to look at and love the peace and quiet of a snowstorm! Fairly warm out, so there will be lots of snowmen showing up around town.

shirleyknot
February 1st, 2015, 02:55 PM
I have a lovely rainy day here. You can keep that nasty white mess.

Genny
February 1st, 2015, 03:09 PM
My husband just got home and one of his fellow workers came over with his truck/blade and is doing our driveway...thankfully. I think this young man is going home with some banana nut muffins that I made this morning. We now have 2 good sized limbs down from the wind and wet snow...hopefully that's all that will come down.

MRoy
February 1st, 2015, 03:25 PM
All we have is rain and that suits me just fine!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 1st, 2015, 03:26 PM
My son lives south of Des Moines and his picture of yard and deck look exactly like yours. He says prediction is 10" - 12" for them.

grannyann
February 1st, 2015, 03:30 PM
Sandy your back yard is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing . I do love the beauty of it and enjoy it until it gets messy and dangerous but mother nature and our lord creates a lot beauty out there for us to see and enjoy.

bakermom
February 1st, 2015, 03:53 PM
Genny, your snow is hovering over Ohio now. No traffic out what-so ever. Thinking I may have to walk into work tonight. We're supposed to get upwards of 10 inches. At least half that out there now.

dwil23
February 1st, 2015, 04:03 PM
Genny, your snow is hovering over Ohio now. No traffic out what-so ever. Thinking I may have to walk into work tonight. We're supposed to get upwards of 10 inches. At least half that out there now.

Oh NO! I hope you don't have far to go to get to work - like next door?

Don't hate me - I am looking out my window at sunshine and 70 degrees. But, I admit, I would love to be looking out any of your windows right now. I have never seen snow more than a dusting on the ground or a few patches that were several days old.

jjkaiser
February 1st, 2015, 04:23 PM
Blizzard here, snow is relentless, winds about 35 mph. We have about 8" and another 6-8" expected. Supposed to stop in about 12 more hours. I am about 100 miles north of Chicago. I am so done with winter.

bakermom
February 1st, 2015, 04:23 PM
No, it will be about 4 blocks. I end up walking in at least once a winter. It's easier than trying to dig out the truck, then driving home and finding the plows have refilled the drive and I can't get in off the street.

Simply Quilting
February 1st, 2015, 05:08 PM
Lots of snow here. This morning one of the guys tried to use the snowblower to clean out his driveway but the snow is so heavy and wet that it plugged up the snowblower. Dh decided that he would just wait to do the driveway til later. We were able to get out and get to church and back. I've decided that it is perfect sewing weather. So off I go to sew.

Genny
February 1st, 2015, 07:38 PM
Our snow seems to be done but it's getting really cold out and the wind is howling. DH is snoring on the couch so I think I'll go visit my sewing room.