PDA

View Full Version : A sunny quilt for a sunny Sunday

MayinJerset
February 1st, 2015, 11:48 AM
Going to enjoy the sun while it's here as 100% chance of snow all day tomorrow and 50% again during mid week.

Today's agenda is to vacuum carpeting and clean kitchen and bath room floors, just haven't told DH yet that he'll be vacuuming. This afternoon out for a late lunch and maybe stop at Target's to look around. Just love the shops that have carts for me to ride around on as I am able to drive around the entire store to check everything out - never know what goodies are hiding on those shelves. That way we can miss a lot of the TV hype about the Super Bowl. DH says he doesn't care about the game but if we are watching TV he will skip to coverage station every few minutes. When we get back he can do that as much as he likes as I'll be in another room and finish reading the book for Tuesday night's small quilt/book meeting.

Boring book about a very successful major art forgery group a few years back, just too many people and their titles/jobs to keep track of. Have to keep reading as we've decided to use this book as inspiration for our group's next quilt(s). Options are that we each make a quilt from our own ideas or we each make a block that will be turned into one quilt. No matter what we choose to do the quilt(s) will be entered in our guild's next show in May 2016. We've done that several times, this is the one we did after reading a book about a lighthouse keeper - Light Houses of New Jersey.
Hope you all enjoy Super Bowl Sunday!

Andrea F
February 1st, 2015, 12:04 PM
Good morning, May.

Here is no sun to enjoy, everything is grey outside. The weather forecast changes every day. There may be snow in the coming days or not.

I slept in late today. We were out with friends for dinner yesterday. When we came home I started my computer to quickly check in here and noticed some strange things going on. Well, I caught a bug while updating a program from the internet called 'positive finds'. It made several words turn into hyperlinks and advertising things when the cursor touched them. Took me a few hours to get rid of that adware but I couldn't go to sleep before I eliminated it. I went to bed at 4:30 am. Good thing there is nothing on our agenda today.

Have a great sunday!

Midge
February 1st, 2015, 12:12 PM
Good morning May! It's beautiful and sunny here in northeast Ohio, and it wasn't that cold when I walked the dog a couple hours ago. Only downside is the ice beneath the fresh layer of snow. I have to make a quick trip to the store to pick up a few things I'm short on for a recipe. Have to make a pan of brownies to take to a superbowl party along with some guacamole. Yay the price did go way down on avocados - just in time! Got the guac ingredients, but somehow I overlooked no baking soda or cocoa. Guess we are going to get socked with a lot of snow later today, so it's good that the party is down the block, eh? Yes those riding carts at big box stores are a godsend for people with mobility issues. I think it's great to be able to manage with those and shop where you want to shop. You have enough to deal with without barriers keeping you home. Have an excellent day!

Ginny B
February 1st, 2015, 12:16 PM
Oh yes May, that sun is beautiful this morning. Tomorrow morning we will wake to a very different scene I am sure.

Dh went for some fresh bagels this morning. Yum. We will prep a couple of meals (he is the official onion chopper) and then it's upstairs to my sewing room for me and to the living room and the tv for him. His Seahawks made him very happy again this year. He doesn't like all the pregame hype though. He will probably watch a movie, then we will have dinner early so we can be all settled in for the game.

Have a great day everyone. Go Hawks!

BellasQuilts
February 1st, 2015, 12:44 PM
Good Sunday morning! Thanks for the sunshine, May!

DGS spent the day with us yesterday and the night and is still snoring away in his room. I changed his crib here to a toddler bed. When he saw it, he said, Nana, did you break it? Haha. No, made it a big boy bed! He loves his room here. Also have a crib for my DGG in there too. Love I have a room for them when they are here. Could not find a rail anywhere to be sure he wouldn't roll out at night, so took a quilt and rolled it up and stuffed it under the sheet as a bolster. He thought that was funny but it worked like a charm. DGG got the flu (she's 5 months old), so DD was exhausted taking care of a 2 year old with a cold and a 5 mo. old with a fever, so I took him home with me.

Today I will drop him back home after breakfast, go to Walmart for the staples (TP, etc.), then home to clean house and iron DH's shirts for the work week.

Sun is out and looking forward to making a few zipper bags during the game today!

Hugs to all and prayers for all who need them. And as our Blondie always reminds us -SMILE!