PDA

View Full Version : Vita-mix recipies

Hulamoon
February 1st, 2015, 01:10 AM
I have been looking at the nutibullet and can' believe how expensive they are!So i thought that's silly of me, I have a Vita-mix. It is an older model but hardly used. I'm going to invest in the 32oz container. Which itself is not cheap either!

Anywho, do you have some good 'healthy ' stuff you make in yours?

bubba
February 1st, 2015, 02:29 AM
I don't have one but think I would like one!! I heard you can put fresh veggies in them and pulsate them up and they get hot and turn into soup!

YellowCockatiel
February 1st, 2015, 02:29 AM
Sorry, the only time I use my blender is to make alcohol drinks.

Hulamoon
February 1st, 2015, 03:05 AM
lol Paula. You don't blend Kale? :icon_rofl:

GuitarGramma
February 1st, 2015, 04:30 AM
I use my Vita Mix every morning. I make a protein powder drink with cocoa, stevia, flax seeds, spinach, and frozen fruit. It's like drinking a milkshake for breakfast, except it really is healthy. The protein powder I use is called Pro-Vega Tein. The taste without all my goodies is awful, but just fine when I mix it with everything. It's the cheapest protein powder I can find that doesn't have anything I'm allergic to.

Hulamoon
February 1st, 2015, 04:43 AM
I use my Vita Mix every morning. I make a protein powder drink with cocoa, stevia, flax seeds, spinach, and frozen fruit. It's like drinking a milkshake for breakfast, except it really is healthy. The protein powder I use is called Pro-Vega Tein. The taste without all my goodies is awful, but just fine when I mix it with everything. It's the cheapest protein powder I can find that doesn't have anything I'm allergic to.

How funny, I was just thinking of protien power before I clicked on this. I was reading on Pinterest about taking the greens and blending with a little water and freezing it.

How to Freeze Greens | POPSUGAR Fitness (http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/How-Freeze-Greens-34083499)

GuitarGramma
February 1st, 2015, 04:08 PM
Neat article. I find that if I have to do something when I get home from the grocery store, well, it just doesn't happen. So I bought some Debbie Meyer Green Boxes and they preserve my spinach for a long time.

Altairss
February 1st, 2015, 04:41 PM
There are tons of recipes out there google healthy or green shakes as a place to start. I like to use almond milk no sugar added with water and what ever frozen fruit I have on hand. I add in whatever fresh fruit that I have especially any that is getting a bit old, apples banana's what ever plus carrots kale or spinach. Again usually whatever is on hand. I like it on the sweet side so sometimes if I have more veggies then fruit I throw in a bit of agave that I get from Costco.
You can also throw in greek yogart. Sometimes I just experiment. The kids love the smoothies.
I have tried a few of these and liked them
https://blenderlady.com/recipes/

Hulamoon
February 1st, 2015, 07:09 PM
There are tons of recipes out there google healthy or green shakes as a place to start. I like to use almond milk no sugar added with water and what ever frozen fruit I have on hand. I add in whatever fresh fruit that I have especially any that is getting a bit old, apples banana's what ever plus carrots kale or spinach. Again usually whatever is on hand. I like it on the sweet side so sometimes if I have more veggies then fruit I throw in a bit of agave that I get from Costco.
You can also throw in greek yogart. Sometimes I just experiment. The kids love the smoothies.
I have tried a few of these and liked them
https://blenderlady.com/recipes/

That was an interesting inside story. My dd and I stood for an hour at the demonstration. lol

I have a smoothie book, but it's all fruits, so I'm going to hunt down some green ones.

Pandabear
February 2nd, 2015, 12:10 AM
We make smoothies and milkshakes in ours. I usually hit up Pintrest for recipes.

You can also browse the Vitamix website

https://www.vitamix.com/Find-Recipes

Lilly
February 2nd, 2015, 01:13 AM
Since I'm dairy free and banana free this is what I use for my favorite smoothies:

Water to the bottom of the blades - about 1/2 cup
1 scoop pure egg white protein powder ( used in Orange Julius') ( found at health food stores- Now Sports brand)
1 peeled orange
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 chunk frozen peaches
Sweetener to taste; 1 tsp of agave or honey works for me.
Blend up - makes 2 nice large Smoothies for DH and me.