PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be a grandma!

Hulamoon
January 31st, 2015, 05:47 PM
I have four from my stepdd and one from stespds, but my first born just called me and is expecting! I'm not so keen on the boyfriend (he's rude) so I hope he let's me see the kid. lol

Yeah!!

kimsophia
January 31st, 2015, 05:48 PM
Congratulations! :D

sewluvit
January 31st, 2015, 05:56 PM
Congratulations Lorie! When is the baby due? You better get started on a layette, trouble is, pink and girlie or bouncing boy lol

MRoy
January 31st, 2015, 06:11 PM
Congratulations Lorie!

Kgrammiecaz
January 31st, 2015, 06:16 PM
Awesome news. There are so many baby prints it will be hard to choose. Hopefully she will pick a theme and make it easier.

Jean Sewing Machine
January 31st, 2015, 06:17 PM
Congratulations, Lorie! Hope the family dynamics work out!

LRM
January 31st, 2015, 06:18 PM
Congratulations! What a happy time for you and your daughter. I hope the boyfriend wises up!

Hulamoon
January 31st, 2015, 06:25 PM
Congratulations, Lorie! Hope the family dynamics work out!

I hope so too. He was living here for a couple of years and it got to the point where I was telling him why don't you help her out? she does all his laundry, cooking etc and he just plays video games. They moved out because of me. He doesn't like me. boo-hoo.

She almost broke it off about two months ago, I was crossing my fingers. lol Well he's stuck with me. I'll be nice:D

MayinJerset
January 31st, 2015, 06:32 PM
Congrats Lori, start planning those quilts. I've been giving small ones for infants and then a larger crib size around 1st Bday, moms use the smaller one in the car seat.

laura44
January 31st, 2015, 06:33 PM
Congratulations!

Monique
January 31st, 2015, 06:33 PM
Congratulations Lorie. I hope it all works out the boyfriend.

Midge
January 31st, 2015, 06:34 PM
Yay Lorie! I'm going to focus on you having many happy times with the grandbaby.

Learner quilter
January 31st, 2015, 06:44 PM
Congratulations.. :icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo:

MomGram
January 31st, 2015, 06:49 PM
How exciting congratulations!!!

CarolynK
January 31st, 2015, 07:11 PM
Congratulations Lorie!!! Hopefully it all works out.

Preeti
January 31st, 2015, 08:19 PM
Congratulations!!! When is she due?
Boy/Girl. Shall I pick out neutral fabrics? What about receiving blankets, bibs, or burp cloths?
I am sure you are SUPER excited!!!! Keep us posted.

Iris Girl
January 31st, 2015, 08:26 PM
Congratulations Lorie! When is the baby due?

ilive2craft2
January 31st, 2015, 08:36 PM
Congratulations! You can be planning and dreaming while your wrist is healing. Babies are so much fun!

Sandy Navas
January 31st, 2015, 08:39 PM
Our kids and their 'mates' can be impossible, but the off-spring is special. Keeping the good thoughts coming for you - maybe, just maybe it will help him realize that life isn't easy!

Hugs - BTW you aren't old enough to be called Granny!!

lapeoples
January 31st, 2015, 08:50 PM
Wonderful news. Grandkids are so fun.

bubba
January 31st, 2015, 09:26 PM
Congrats!!!

Bubby
January 31st, 2015, 09:47 PM
Congratulations Lorie! What a blessed reason to make a darling baby quilt!!

Ginny B
January 31st, 2015, 09:55 PM
Congratulations Lorie! What great news.

RhondaRae
January 31st, 2015, 09:56 PM
Hip hip horray for being a grandma again!!! I know you'll have lots of fun and joy with the new little one!

maxwellthecat
January 31st, 2015, 10:24 PM
Congratulations Lorie!! I hope things turn out better for all of you.

Genny
January 31st, 2015, 10:31 PM
Congratulations!

FabStripper
February 1st, 2015, 12:31 AM
Aw congratulations to you all! Maybe he'll grow up after your dd gets a little farther on in her pregnancy? I hope so for her and for him.

jjkaiser
February 1st, 2015, 02:36 AM
My GD just turned 2 and yeah I am not too crazy about the dad/bf either. He's kind of lazy. My DD works more hours than he does, besides housework, cooking, laundry and all that stuff but she gets very defensive if you say anything. So I just kind of ignore him. It works out okay. I just don't get on my high horse (like I would love to) and say anything negative about him. Just enjoy being a grandma and let the other stuff slide if you can!! Congratulations!!!

Gina
February 1st, 2015, 02:43 AM
Congratulations Lorie!

kensington
February 1st, 2015, 02:53 AM
OKAY... I've DONE this... and you can too! First things first... PICK YOUR NAME?? Grams? Grammy? Nana? or Grandma? Get out there and pick it. Stick with it and love it! I'm called NANA... my daughter picked it for me, as that is what my kids called my mom. My sister goes by Grams to her grandkids, and my other sister goes by GG to her great grandkids. My other sister went by Nonny.

Second... Enjoy! Babysit often and spoil, spoil, spoil.... That's my philosophy!!

bscuzz
February 1st, 2015, 02:58 AM
Congratulations Lorie - babies have a way of maturing dads and moms AND wrapping Granma's around their little fingers!! Prepare to 'fall in love' 'n 'make quilts'!

Hulamoon
February 1st, 2015, 02:59 AM
My GD just turned 2 and yeah I am not too crazy about the dad/bf either. He's kind of lazy. My DD works more hours than he does, besides housework, cooking, laundry and all that stuff but she gets very defensive if you say anything. So I just kind of ignore him. It works out okay. I just don't get on my high horse (like I would love to) and say anything negative about him. Just enjoy being a grandma and let the other stuff slide if you can!! Congratulations!!!

You just hit it! She asked if I as mad ( she's 25) Of course not, but how are you guys doing. The laziness and her doing all the work just peeves me. I live about 12 min away so I'm sure I'll be babysitting a lot and that will probably make him upset. lol

She just found out so probably Oct.

Thanks everyone:)

Hulamoon
February 1st, 2015, 03:02 AM
OKAY... I've DONE this... and you can too! First things first... PICK YOUR NAME?? Grams? Grammy? Nana? or Grandma? Get out there and pick it. Stick with it and love it! I'm called NANA... my daughter picked it for me, as that is what my kids called my mom. My sister goes by Grams to her grandkids, and my other sister goes by GG to her great grandkids. My other sister went by Nonny.

Second... Enjoy! Babysit often and spoil, spoil, spoil.... That's my philosophy!!

I didn't think about that. At my stepdd's I'm grandma Lorie. They have tree grandmothers so that was the solution. lol

Quiltfreestyle
February 1st, 2015, 03:28 AM
Congratulations to you, & the Mom & Dad!! I have had issues with one of my DIL. She's the lazy one,,, my son works & takes care of his son (now 2 years old). But I just try to ignore it & enjoy my grandson.
Nanny's the name & spoilins the game. Lol. I totally stole that from someone, but I can't remember who,, senior moment.

GuitarGramma
February 1st, 2015, 04:40 AM
Congratulations, Lorie! What joy!

Andrea F
February 1st, 2015, 08:15 AM
Congratulations Lorie!

irishrn
February 1st, 2015, 09:58 AM
Congratulations grandma! Hope you and your daughter have a wonderful time planning for the little one!

songbird857
February 1st, 2015, 10:53 PM
OH Lorie!!! Just seeing this now - congrats, my friend :)