• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toggpine
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2009

Happy Saturday!

I hope you all are up and about with a warm cup of whatever gets you moving in the morning!

I've nearly lapped my hubby in the sleep department! I'll tuck in about the time he's getting up.
    He is going into work today for a little while. He and one of his co-workers are going to replace the breaks on his truck. We aren't telling that poor thing how many miles it really has. Somewhere along the way it stopped recording the actual miles. According to Hubby, it only gains about 4 or 5 for every round-trip of about 100! I give it a bath whenever I get the chance and it goes from grey to mallard green again.
    After the mechanical work, he's going to put in some time on a side-job the boss threw his way. It's been a while since he did a race boat bottom, and he looking forward to the challenge.

Em & I will sleep in a bit. I put in more time on this project tonight than I planned, but I am well pleased with the efforts. So my Night Owl has become an Early Bird.
    I hope you all had sweet dreams and can share a smile with someone today!
    Cathy
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Re: Happy Saturday!

Good morning Cathy. A frigid start to the day here this morning. I have a wake to go to today. No more news on my Aunt, which is good. Hubby wants to clear the snow off the back roof today. I think we will wait until it warms up a bit.

Nothing really planned for this day. Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• MayinJerset
      Missouri Star
      • May 2012

Sorry I missed you Cathy - this Night Owl had an upset stomach during the night so I didn't feel like sitting in the tree. Hope you got a well deserved good sleep. Looks like the sun is going to show up today - 14 degrees here right now and so glad I cancelled today's Pillowcase Sew In as it is much too icy out. Weather permit we'll meet next month as scheduled.

Finally finished the quilt I was working on for a loooong time, will give it another press and then pack it and backing and send them on their way to M*. Dining room is a mess so we'll get it cleared up of the 4 x 8 plywood over the table, ironing board on one side of the room and chairs lined up on the other side - didn't give me much walking room but big table helped hold the weight of the quilt while I sewed the borders on.

Finished my cup of tea so it's time to get moving. saturday.jpg

Comment

• Mpyles
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2013

good morning! Everyone have a great Saturday!
        Mary
        SW Missouri

Comment

• Grandma Nan
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2014

Good morning folks
          Travelling toward the sun today. We have been on the road for 2 days and will get to Florida today. We get our rental tomorrow and will be getting back to sewing I hope. I need a big sleep in. We have been getting up pretty early to drive each day so looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

We stay at Drury's when we are travelling so get dinner and breakfast- great deal to consider if you are taking a road trip.

Nan
          Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

• Ginny B
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

Good morning. Cold morning here. But the sun is shining so it makes it feel better.... at least inside anyway. Plans for the day are housework, laundry, meal planning and dh will do the grocery shopping. I would like to fit in a bit of sewing time to work on my lattice quilt. I hope I get my wish.

Grandma Nan, glad you are almost done with your trip. Enjoy the day everyone.
            Ginny B
            Levittown, NY

Comment

• buckeyequilter
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2012

Good morning....

Laundry & quilting today!!! I did the grocery thing last night because we're expecting some snow/wind and whatever else comes our way. I have to drive in that stuff 5 days a week and that's enough.

I'm trying some threads to see what I want to use on a quilt so I can get the tension adjusted before I put the machine back on the frame....don't like those surprises that happen sometimes.

Well off to my quilting room. Have a wonderful day...prayers and hugs.

Shirley aka buckeyequilter
              I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

• Amy R
                Missouri Star
                • Jun 2014

Yayyyy weeekend is here!!!
                Busy but good night last night, hubby and I made time to sit and watch a movie together. We need to do that more often.
                I lightened my hair up from dark brown to a probably medium blonde. No bleach this time, I wanted to see what it would look like lighter overall, and I LOVE it.!! I am almost completely gray and it does bother me. I started graying really early, thanks Dad. I think in a couple weeks I'm going to sally's beauty supply for some supplies to go just a little lighter. Sophie's pretty happy about it too, she keeps saying she loves my new color. Well it's closer to hers now so of course!!

Today is Joann's trip, getting the dog's license renewed, ripping up some carpet to see how the hardwoods look underneath and hopefully sewing Niko's quilt top up. Spoiled bum seems to know it's his he will come and put his big head on my shoulder (like a horse) or just look down at the kitchen table and watch.
                Hubby's pattern is going to be pretty "easy" I just need to figure out how much more fabric I need. Last quilt came up a bit too short with the fmq so this one I want to overcompensate a little to avoid that. He's a 6'2" around 250 big boy so I'ma need to buy more fabric :P

Grandma Nan, hope you enjoy your trip to the states.
                Praying and hugs and good thoughts continue for everyone.

here's a pic of the other day's Fabric play time. Soph is really enjoying fabric and the general idea. She does mock tutorials "Now what we're going to do is..." and is pretty bummed she's too little for the sewing machine.

sophfabric.jpg
                sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

• ravelim
                  The Guild President
                  • Mar 2014

Monique, condolences to you. Amy your little one looks like a natural. Grandma Nan , I'm truly impressed with your road trip. I get in the car for more than 2hrs and throw up.lol
                  Sewing today for me. Working on a Valentine table topper in the altered squares blocks from charm squares.

We're to get 6-8" of snow today. Trying to talk college student to go back to school before it gets bad. It's only an hour and a half away but when you're driving by yourself it is a lot.

Prayers and hugs for everyone. Wendy, hope someone comes in and swoops up your house.
                  Mary :icon_popcorn:

Comment

• LRM
                    Missouri Star
                    • Aug 2014

Good morning all. I have been working on little projects (zip bags, embroidery, etc) since the new year began because I'm finding myself paralyzed by indecision. I've decided my real problem is that I don't want to waste fabric. That gets me into the issue of indecision -- what if I don't like what I make, what if I mess up. This is the over analysis that prevents me from lots of things in life. I need to just start cutting! My goal today is just that -- start something and throw caution to the wind!

Have a lovely Saturday. Thanks again for letting me hang around with the cool kids.
                    ~Louise

What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?
                    George Eliot

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                      Missouri Star
                      • Dec 2010

Good Morning! RAIN, RAIN, RAIN - and we sure need the moisture.

I stole Shirley's Organic sign - love that one.

Wishing I had little Sophie here and I'd teach her to use the Featherweight.

Be strong, Monique! Losing a best friend is one of the most difficult things we have to face.

Wishing I could travel with Nan - but the big guy here says there's no way he'd ever go to Florida (don't ask me why, no idea!)

I think I'll box up all my scraps and send to Louise along with a pair of really sharp scissors and just tell her to sit quietly and clip little pieces off until she fills the box and then send them back to me - then she won't hesitate to cut real blocks and get her mojo going.

Hoping May doesn't have anything serious happening with her stomach being upset. Good vibes being sent.

Sending ahems to Cathy so she can put the stress of this presentation way behind her.

And Mary, how are we going to get you to Hamilton? Maybe we should send you some Dramamine? Our other Mary just ran in and hollered and ran right back out - she must have to work today.

Ginny, leave the housework until next week - we want to see that lattice quilt top.

Me? I'm hitting the sewing room. I've been stitching out (embroidery) patterns I've wanted to try - turning them into mug rugs, bags and other goodies. Have a pincushion in the works that I keep dreaming of . . . fun, fun, fun.
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Carrie J
                        Missouri Star
                        • Aug 2014

G'morning all! ! Up at a decent time today, well for me anyway. Rain was supposed to be in last night, looks like it stalled, but it will get here and then the COLD/damp, dreary days start again. Heading to Greenville today for some needed material (leastways, that's what I'm telling myself!), no truly I do need it! Waiting for coffee to hit the cup and then off to start the day. Got a sew date this afternoon at BFF's, working on redoing cushions on her couch, toting my machine over so we can double up on it. Making that crock pot do it's job before I leave. Hope everyone has an excellent weekend and keeps safe and warm, off to tackle the day, Hugs and Blessings to all, especially those that need them.
                        What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

• kimsophia
                          Missouri Star
                          • Oct 2014

Now the weather prediction is up to 9-11 inches of snow by tomorrow. DH is glad he bought that big snowblower... I'll be doing more work on the baby bibs. Everybody take care!

Comment

• rebeccas-sewing
                            Missouri Star
                            • Apr 2010

Have a wonderful weekend. Next time you here from me I'll be back in the Netherlands. A very long trip ahead of me today.
                            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

• SuzyQue
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jan 2010

Today this month is winding down, but I am so pumped about my accomplishments ----I made 12 or so Periwinkle table toppers to start my supply for next Christmas, I DEEP cleaned my sewing studio and pitched and organized, I DEEP cleaned my master bathroom and laundry room, I am sorting and filing major boxes of photos, and I have begun to trim up all of my boxes of scraps! I have orange and purple done......2 out of 13! The boxes went from major jumbles of random scraps and mess to nice neat stacks of squares and strips. I hope I don't regret the cutting sizes, but I really LOVE the neat look and organization. The boxes were so crammed full that the lids only fit because they were crammed into the space between the shelves and the ceiling. Now the boxes are only about 1/3 full and I used every piece of fabric, cutting down to the smallest size of 1 1/2 ". Now I have space to expand so I plan to cut up all my scraps as I use up the fabric as I cut out other projects.......and use the scrap squares for even more projects! WIN! WIN! I took a huge stack of quilty papers and filed them in categories, so now I can find exactly the chart or pattern that I am looking for....or so that is the plan. Now the trick will be to see just how long this studio stays this neat and organized!!!!

Have a great last day of January and stay warm and dry. It is raining and cold here today with whispers of ice and snow for tomorrow. Off to sand dry wall seams and hopefully paint tomorrow.........or more mudding and sanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X