PDA

View Full Version : How can it be Wednesday already?

Blondie
September 7th, 2011, 07:10 AM

Good Morning!

Just when I was beginning to have FUN I realize that today is Wednesday and I have to work tomorrow.
I made some more progress yesterday on my Santa, no pictures yet. Yesterday we got 2 inches of rain, not a good day for pictures. But Sandy! 2 inches of rain! Yippee!!!

I think the rain is gone for a few days. Thankful and grateful for each particle of moisture. And I ain't even going to say that I wished we had it all summer for veggies.

Mom's washing machine has been on the fritz for about two weeks now. Today is laundry day. I will cart her laundry up here again. I do not feel like wringing out by hand again. Nope. I am not that pioneer. Gotta save those hands for the magic that starts tomorrow.WAH WAH WAH! Oh well, gotta do my part in bringing home the bacon. At least I like (love) what I do. I also need some highlights over my root job this time. Sure wish I had pretty white hair color instead of rug rat fur. I may be tempted to go au natural if it were!

Have a stellar day! I saw your smile! And you thought I didn't have a good vocabulary.

Granny Judy
September 7th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Good Morning all.. I know you haven't had your cuppa (coffee, tea, juice?) yet, but I'm on my 2nd and feelin the caffeine kicking in. Got a bit of housework to get out of the way and DD#2 is home from work.. she had her knee pop out of it's joint last night and now it has swollen up to the size of a grapefruit. (She has a history of "bad knees" and 2 surgeries to anchor them in place, but now & then--) I'll be doin the ice & heat wraps for her til she gets some relief and can stand to 'walk' again.

I was trying to write up the 'how to' for my latest quilt since a few have been asking "how'd you do that"... I am not a technie writer... and I didn't take enough photos to show the steps.. OH, well--Life is like that.....more questions than answers. We'll just have to see if someone can figure it out for me. Any takers? Just head over to my blog to see the quilt top.

Wearing an extra layer of clothing this am.. It's in the Mid 40's here. Definately feels FALLish with this type of weather.

Off to get the kitchen squared away and check on DD..

KiltedQuilter
September 7th, 2011, 10:24 AM
OMG how on EARTH did that kitty get in the box???! :D

bec
September 7th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Good Morning! It's another cooool cloudy day here in Indiana. Can't complain though. We need rain and it is a relief not to have temps above 100 degrees.

I've got house cleaning to do and I need to make a cake or something. It's hubby's birthday today! He's 62 years old! Doesn't seem possible...but he gets better with age. :)

I saw my new nephew yesterday. What a CUTIE! He was so cuddly and so good. I got to hold him for over half an hour. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. He's so precious. I had the dad take a pic of me holding the little bundle, but forgot to ask if it is okay to post his picture. I'll try to do that soon and send a picture of him.

Well, I'm off to do some cleaning.

Have a marvelous day! :)

janluna
September 7th, 2011, 12:17 PM
It's a rainy day here and it's supposed to be that way all day. Thanks Trish, for sending the rain this way. We are waiting to see what Emily's blood work shows us this week. We are praying it is still going up! I had a great time with the grand kids at Sarah's birthday bash. She liked the gift we got her. Also, my DIL redid her room in everything penguin. Penguin curtains, bedspread, and penguins on the walls. She did a fantastic job of decorating it. Sarah was totally ecstatic with her room. Heather does such good work. Emily's room is all Harry Potter and looks like a room out of Hogwarts, and Laura's room is all the princesses from Disney. She has a darling canopy bed. It felt so good to be with the girls. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

Txgrandma
September 7th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Going out of town for a couple days, get to see my grandbaby so I won't be on. How did that kitty get in the box? LOL Blondie you always amaze me at some of the pictures you come up with to put on here. Where do you find them all. I've finally got to where I look forward to seeing what it's going to be each day. Also glad you got some rain, sure wish the good Lord would bless us with some.
When you watch the news it's looking like Texas is trying to burn right off the map. I've never seen so many fires in one state at one time. Hubby drove past some yesterday on his way in from work and he said they were really bad in spots and the smoke was just awful, he said you would have to evacuate for the smoke alone it is so thick and heavy. My heart goes out to everyone in the path and prayers are being said several times a day. Was so glad twnkeyes was not in the path of it and alright.
Judy I feel for your daughter and her knee troubles, have them myself but not that serious. Prayers for her also. Better get off here and get busy and finish getting ready to go, hubby ran to town to have a key made and I thought I would sneak out a few minutes and see what everyone's up to. Take care everyone and have a good hump day. Prayers and good thoughts going to everyone.

toggpine
September 7th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Morning All!
A list of things to do, and a quiet house to get them done in! Son & the baby are at the ex-girlfriends place, Hubby is at work, and the little Miss is off to school at 10. She LOVED her first day of kindergarten! I figured she would, but you never know.
So, where do I start on the list? I'm thinking fresh gingersnaps since they have to chill in the fridge before baking, followed by washing the windows inside and out. Then I have an outdoor spray-painting project involving rusty dog crate doors. I'd stay inside and sew, but the weather is soooo nice, I need to take advantage of it before fall brings us more rain.
I hope you all have a fabulous day!
Cathy

Loonwatcher
September 7th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Yay, Blondie got some rain!

Prayers going out for Emily's bloodwork and all the folks dealing with the fires in Texas.

Judy, hope your daughter's knee gets better soon. I too know what bad knees are like.

Another rainy day here. I wish it would stop; we've had enough water. Neither of our homes got damaged by the tropical storm Irene but our camp septic system is so waterlogged it's not working so we had to leave early on Monday and find different accommodations for the guests that were coming in on Tuesday. Hope it's better by the time we go back on Friday. I don't want to have to have it pumped (for a couple hundred bucks). We just had the tank pumped and inspected in Spring of '10 so I know it's all just water filling it up now. Oh well....at least the building wasn't washed away by floods (although the lake level is coming way back up again, like it was last spring) or burnt up in a fire....so we are better off than many.

Have a great day,

bakermom
September 7th, 2011, 01:12 PM
How can short week seem so long?? It is cool and rainy here again. i've been hearing of all those fires in Texas, how awful. Prayers for those affected.
Cathy, one of my DDs decided she was NOT going to Kindergarten. NO WAY! The teacher met her at the door to the school and I didn't get a goodbye or even a look back. funny how they are!

HandsOffItsMine
September 7th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Aloha all,

Glorious morning here. A day of sewing dust skirt for raised bed...got to hide all those dolphin things. lol

Miss Judy, please tell DD#2 "hope her knee gets better soon". And good luck with your techie writing, I'd help but that would be a receipe for disaster.

May Emily's number be UP. The girls rooms sound so cute!

Happy days to all of you. Ruby

janluna
September 7th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Well, we just got word of Emily's blood work. Her ANC level went back down(not good) but her platelet count, red count, & white count went up. (GOOD) The doctors are hopeful this week..
Judy I will say prayers for your daughter's knee. I will also keep Texas and Vermont in our prayers as well as some parts of New York state.
Ruby, the girls rooms are so cute. Heather (my DIL) is such a creative person. She tries very hard to make sure each of the girls has a special place that is all their own with their interests. I'm so proud of all she has done. She is a fantastic Mom!
Please keep Em in your prayers. I know you all are doing that and our family is forever grateful. Thank you. Love, Hugs and prayers for all of you, Jan L. <\\\\x

Sandy Navas
September 7th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Well, we just got word of Emily's blood work. Her ANC level went back down(not good) but her platelet count, red count, & white count went up. (GOOD) The doctors are hopeful this week. Jan L. <\\\\x

She's on my daily prayer list. I can't imagine how your heart must ache . . . daily. Hugs and lots of support and prayers back to you!

quiltingtrish
September 7th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Well Jan, good to hear the blood levels are up but am still praying about her other levels.
Well, I hope the rain I am sending you isn't too much because it hasn't stopped since it started here on Sunday night. Well, okay, it stopped a little monday morning. It is getting bad here - schools closed early and some in Harrisburg are keeping the kids, can't get them home safely. The rivers aren't to crest until tomorrow. My house is high and dry so no worries there. DH said power was lost yesterday afternoon because of power lines laying on trees. They have to cut the power to get them off. That would be out worst sceanario at my house even though those that live a few blocks from me could be flooded out. Odie wants me to go stand on the bridge and take a picture to see how high the river is. I don't THINK so. They are saying the flooding hasn't been this bad since Agnes which was back in 72. I remember that one.
Sirens are going off all day. Got the prayers going out for the firefighters and rescue workers.

I am hoping to get some cookies made for Odie tonight and get some more sewing done. If power goes, I'll pick up some hand sewing.

Hope to check in later.
Hugs,

Blondie
September 7th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Hi Ladies
Just getting home from Mom's carrying her laundry back down and also from spending the day at DD's house. I was able to get some stitching done while there and also was able to see how the quilted throw I am finishing up will go with her new furniture.(for her Christmas, sshhhh!) I think I am spot on. Oh, isn't it marvelous to be like Mary Poppins? Practically perfect in every way. hahaha. At least that is what my DD always says to me. Before I left this morning I worked a little bit more on my gourdeous Santie. He will be sporting a hand quilted strippy robe of many colors. I still have a ways to go on him but here is another sneak peek:
Normally, when I puppy sit, the baby comes over here. Sis and I decided we wanted to watch some good stuff today. Worked out fine.
Jan, the mixed reports are sounding okay? I continue to pray for Em and all concerned, including the dr's.
I have taken so long to write this I have pretty much forgotten what else I have read. I know I will remember it while doing dishes.

Now to cook dinner for the big fella.

janluna
September 7th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Thank you Sandy and Trish, and Blondie. I so appreciate everyone's prayers for Emily. Thank you.
Trish, prayers that your area won't get flooded. It started raining here about 6 A.M. They said last night the rain would be coming straight out of PA. We can afford to take some where I am but the Catskills and parts of the immediate upstate NY, closest to NYC can't take much more. It's been raining all day. The Fish creek is only a field away from my house. It is an outlet creek for Canandaigua Lake. It is starting to get high. If our sump pump can keep up we should be ok. The town I live in used to be swampland so it gets wet quick and stays that way for a long time. I'm waiting to hear what the weatherman has to say about how long this rain will last. My prayers are going out to all the flooded places and the fire victims in Tx. They could sure use some of this rain. There are two more storms in the Atlantic heading this way, so only
God knows when it will stop. Hopefully, it will stay a small storm and go into the gulf and over Tx. to put out the fires, but not hurt anyone. That's what I am hoping for. Or is that wishful thinking? Oh well, that's what I'm hoping and praying for.
Thank you all for the prayers for Emily. And sending some right back at those in need. Hugs, Jan L. <\\\\X

mamaquilt
September 7th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I'm so curious what Santa will look like in the end. i'm a bit like every child awaiting Santa Claus or Christmas, just because of your Santa Claus!

Have a nice week

Mmmmmmmmmm

HandsOffItsMine
September 7th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Before I left this morning I worked a little bit more on my gourdeous Santie. He will be sporting a hand quilted strippy robe of many colors. I still have a ways to go on him but here is another sneak peek:

I so want to see his robe in progress...pretty please!

Monique
September 7th, 2011, 08:33 PM
It feels like I have done so much today, but really haven't done a whole lot. I did have to go for a mammogram this morning. Everything looked fine to the technician, but the dr. will draw up his report in a week or so. So it's good news for me. Yippee.

Did get a load of laundry washed and hung out today. Then I had another meeting at 4 this afternoon and then had to come home and feed hubby or he might starve to death. Now just relaxing, have to put clean sheets on the bed. Then I might just do NOTHING for the rest of the night.

No quilting for me today. Maybe tomorrow.

Prayers go out to all those who need them.

I shall see you all in the morning. Night-night.

janluna
September 7th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I love your Santa, Blondie

debinmalaga
September 7th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Santa is a cutie, Blondie.

Sandy Navas
September 7th, 2011, 10:24 PM
I'm so curious what Santa will look like in the end. i'm a bit like every child awaiting Santa Claus or Christmas, just because of your Santa Claus!

Have a nice week

Mmmmmmmmmm

I want to see Santa's end, too . . . Oh (blushing) that wasn't what you meant. So sorry!!

Sandy Navas
September 7th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Okay, enough of me being rude and naughty! I am sorry, sometimes I just can't help myself. That's just me :-)

Gonna be gone a few days while I accompany DH to Jefferson City where he's going through court interpreter training for the State of Missouri. I have an early endocrinologist appointment the morning after we get home, so you won't be hearing much from me until then. I'm taking my Featherweight and some blocks with me so I'll be sewing while he's getting an education.

Had a colonoscopy this morning and came home ready to eat a horse. All was fine and dandy so I'm glad of that.

I'll be thinking of all my dear friends while I'm gone!!

Oh, just came back from visiting with the kids. Zoe's birthday is next week and she wanted a 'widdle biddy puppy' so they got her a 2 months old Beagle puppy and Zoe named her Daisy. She's a cutie for sure. (So is Zoe!!)

janluna
September 8th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Sandy I hope everything is ok with the endocrinologist. I mean for you not the doctor. lol Anyway have a safe trip and I will be praying for good results on all fronts and safe travel.
Hugs, and Love, Jan L.

janluna
September 8th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Well the news just ended and we are having flash floods in the Finger Lakes and the southern tier. Also, near Albany. Binghamton had 6.7" of rain since last night. Looks like NY is going to do a Vermont. Prayers for all the people in the really bad areas. While we are in the Finger Lakes, we are higher up, and our flooding isn't as bad. Although in 1973 Canandaigua Lake did come over her banks, and we flooded pretty good then. We haven't had that much though, only 1.3". We're cool. Good night everyone, Thank you for Emily prayers, and I will be praying for everyone in other places and for Sandy's trip. Hugs, and Love, Jan L. <\\\\X