PDA

View Full Version : Update on Jeff

Bubby
January 30th, 2015, 10:05 PM
Today Jeff was transferred to the Transitional unit at the hospital for some practical training using his new hip and also some intensive physical therapy. He should be there about 5 days or so. He got to take a shower this afternoon and he feels like a new man. He wasn't understanding his pain control program and I helped him figure how to handle it. The pain of this procedure is terrible if not managed properly. I'm hoping for some very good results from here on out.

My blood sugar is close to 300 and I've felt awful all day. We are having unbelievable issues with our wicked tenant in #11. The new tenant who moved in next door to her less than a week ago wants to move out because of her verbal assaults. I have a call in to our attorney but with me at the hospital all day we weren't able to touch base today.

I'm off to bed. I need to make this day go away. Please don't stop praying.

BellasQuilts
January 30th, 2015, 10:19 PM
Prayers going out now.

stitching woman
January 30th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Prayers for both you and Jeff.

Amy R
January 30th, 2015, 10:35 PM
Oh my I haven't stopped but I'll be saying even more prayers! You, Jeff, and your poor tenants! Yikes!!

Simply Quilting
January 30th, 2015, 10:46 PM
{{{Barb}}} Praying that you will get a good night's sleep and wake up refreshed in the morning. Praying for the other issues going on and healing and health for Jeff and you.

auntiemern
January 30th, 2015, 10:52 PM
Prayers continuing. Glad to hear Jeff is progressing as planned. Sorry to hear you are having more tenant issues.

Sandy Navas
January 30th, 2015, 10:59 PM
Just upped the prayers - take care of yourself. So much going on - and you haven't even mentioned how Christina is doing.

Tenants - are you ready to unload a bunch of apartments yet? I'm sending Judge Judy over.

MRoy
January 30th, 2015, 10:59 PM
Prayers for you both Barb and especially for you dealing with all that's going on now.

Jean Sewing Machine
January 30th, 2015, 11:07 PM
So sorry the road is rocky now. Praying for a resolution to all issues!

My neighbor had two hips replaced in one week. For the life of me, I don't know how he did it. It doesn't seem like this would be possible. Jeff's experience is much more like I would think this procedure would go. I hope his rehab goes OK.

Mpyles
January 30th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Prayers for jeff, you, and your new tenant! Let us know if you need ANYTHING!!

Cathy F
January 31st, 2015, 12:11 AM
Barb, I'm glad to hear Jeff is doing better and getting better pain management, but sorry to hear about the ongoing issues with your tenants. You've sure had a lot on your shoulders these past months and I pray your burden will be lightened and that you both have your health restored and the rest of this year is stress free for you.

Kgrammiecaz
January 31st, 2015, 12:24 AM
Hoping for a better day tomorrow for both of you. Showers and sleeps are really good things.

laura44
January 31st, 2015, 12:27 AM
Hang in there, it can only get better! Take care of yourself too!

MBCA
January 31st, 2015, 01:59 AM
Glad to hear he is doing better and is advancing to therapy. On the other hand, your blood sugar is of more concern, please take care of yourself. Prayers that you can get some rest and feel better.

Lilly
January 31st, 2015, 02:02 AM
Praying tonight!

ozziepuppy
January 31st, 2015, 02:06 AM
Prayers continuing. Thinking of you.

GuitarGramma
January 31st, 2015, 02:35 AM
Prayers coming! I hope tomorrow is a MUCH better day!

dlsnaples
January 31st, 2015, 03:10 AM
Barb, you must take care of yourself or you are going to be too ill be of assistance to anyone! Is there someone else who can be with Jeff tomorrow so that you can rest at home, eat properly and reduce your stress level? I wish I was closer an could help you.
Prayers going out for you and Jeff and a quick resolution for the tenant issue.

HandsOffItsMine
January 31st, 2015, 03:25 AM
(((Barb))),

Glad to hear that Jeff got moved and his pain management is under control. Please do take care of yourself, we worry about you as well.

Maybe your attorney can call in the police on the tenant to get her removed earlier or at least "scared stiff" by them.

We have both of you in our prayers. Love and hugs, Don, Ruby, Kat, Matt and peeps

maxwellthecat
January 31st, 2015, 03:30 AM
Hi Barb,
I am so happy that Jeff is feeling better. The shower must have made him feel so much better. I am happy that he is having the pain control program.
OMG 300, You have to stop getting so stressed out. I know it's hard to do with everything that's going on but, you have to take care of yourself or else, you and Jeff are both going to be miserable.
I can't believe that tenant #11 is still giving you a hard time. :icon_evil: Please take good care of yourself.
((((((HUGS)))))) Lori

Iris Girl
January 31st, 2015, 06:49 AM
So glad everything is moving along right with Jeff now. Take care of yourself. My thoughts and well wishes are with you both. Sorry about the crazy tenant issues. Hope everything gets resolved quickly and you both can breeze into spring.

dhubert
January 31st, 2015, 10:54 AM
Hang in there Barb! Get that bg down asap as I know it can make you feel horrible. My 21 yr old son has had type 1 since he was 11. He manages it well but he says when it's high for a period of time he feels really bad. Prayers for your sweet Jeff and rest and good bg for you from Texas! Oh and also for your tenants to behave!

shermur
January 31st, 2015, 10:58 AM
Hugs, Barb! I will continue to keep you and Jeff in prayer.
Good news....we finally have received our approval letter to participate a short sale of our home in Lee's Summit! Now, if the buyer we've had hanging on the line for two months will go ahead and purchase the house....we'll be in the clear. WARNING...short sale process is stressful and I will be glad when the house nightmare is over....

CarolynK
January 31st, 2015, 11:10 AM
Prayers for you and Jeff, Barb. You are dealing with so much and I hope your road gets a bit lighter soon.

Dollyquilts
January 31st, 2015, 02:08 PM
Glad to hear he is doing better and is advancing to therapy. On the other hand, your blood sugar is of more concern, please take care of yourself. Prayers that you can get some rest and feel better.

Ditto what Beth said. Take care of yourself.

rebeccas-sewing
January 31st, 2015, 03:36 PM
I'm glad to hear Jeff is on the mend, but I'm so sorry to hear more troubles with your troublesome tenant. I hope a lawyer can help you with an eviction. Let us know how that goes. I don't know anything at all about one's rights as a landlord when it comes to removing a tenant from one's property. Good luck. I hope you can get some rest. Getting sick is not what you want to happen especially right now.

sewbizzy
January 31st, 2015, 07:59 PM
Sending prayers for Jeff and you!

Preeti
January 31st, 2015, 08:38 PM
You are in my prayers, Barb and Jeff too.
HUgs!!!