PDA

View Full Version : very proud mum

Andrea F
January 30th, 2015, 05:46 AM
My baby (21 years) finished his apprenticeship yesterday! He got 94% (wooohooo!!!) in total and is a chemical laboratory worker now. He will be working at the chemical park for the next seven months and being fully paid while conducting his bachelor thesis. I am so proud of him :D

It is kind of bittersweet though because it means he's probably going to move out next fall when he goes to grad school. He hasn't decided on a focus for his master studies yet so we don't know where he might end up. It may not be right around the corner. At least he's going to stay in Germany for now.

Don't tell him I uploaded a picture or you might never see me again because he killed me for doing that... :icon_heh:

MomGram
January 30th, 2015, 05:50 AM
What a handsome young man. You should be proud he has achieved a major accomplishment. Brag on mom!! Oh you secret is safe with me.

bubba
January 30th, 2015, 05:53 AM
Wow!! Congratulations to everyone!

Renate
January 30th, 2015, 06:02 AM
Congratulations Andrea and also to your son of course! He Looks very cool and he does not have to hide....

Monique
January 30th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Congratulations to your son.

RockinLou
January 30th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Wow!! Brag away! He is very handsome :-)

Blondie
January 30th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Andrea! Brains and Looks - what a great combo. I am proud of him as well. Great achievement for him and hopefully his work won't carry him too far away in the future.

Iris Girl
January 30th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Congratulations to your son and of course you!

buckeyequilter
January 30th, 2015, 08:39 AM
Congratulations...that's quite an accomplishment. Nice looking young man.

MayinJerset
January 30th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Oh Andrea, You must be so proud of your son's accomplishments. Who knows where his quest for learning will take him but hopefully not too far from home. Kudos to the handsome young man.

asta
January 30th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Congrats to you both! He is a handsome fellow, wishing him all the best for his future.

Grandma G
January 30th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Congratulations to him and to you for raising a very fine son! And to add to his intelligence, he is also a very handsome young man.

HandsOffItsMine
January 30th, 2015, 04:09 PM
No wonder you're a proud Mama! Handsome young man with brains & looks. ;)

It's always tough when they leave home but think of the things you can do with his room...a new sewing studio! hehe

Sonic
January 30th, 2015, 04:25 PM
That's wonderful! You have every right to brag on your kiddo!
Congrats to both of you.

Live to Quilt
January 30th, 2015, 07:58 PM
Congratulations to both of you you have every right to br proud (looks good to)

Jean Anne

Carrie J
January 30th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Brains AND handsome! Congratulations to you both, and shhhhhh, we won't say a word about the picture..........what happens on the Forum, stays on the Forum, LOL! I think....................;)

CarolynK
January 30th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Congratulations to both of you! What a proud mum and you should be! That is an awesome accomplishment for such a handsome guy and hopefully his travels won't take him too far out of sight.

songbird857
January 30th, 2015, 09:21 PM
Congrats to your son and kudos to you :) he is a handsome and obviously intelligent young man.... Hmmmm... Ya know my daughter is 19.... ;)

LRM
January 30th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Wonderful accomplishment! It is so satisfying to see kids grow up, work hard, apply themselves, and succeed. Congrats to him and to you for fostering him along. The moving away part is hard. My younger daughter moved when she got married and my older daughter's husband is about to finish his Ph.D. and they will undoubtedly move when he find work in his field. But, the goal of good parenting is to work yourself out of a job -- make them productive and independent. You obviously have done that very well.

Kgrammiecaz
January 30th, 2015, 10:08 PM
What a cutie and brilliant too. Licky mom. You should be proud. Congrats to him for all his hard work. Glad you shared. I love hearing about the kids.

Simply Quilting
January 30th, 2015, 10:14 PM
Congratulations to your son!!! Great job mom on raising a wonderful son.

Andrea F
February 1st, 2015, 08:32 AM
Thank you all for your kind words! I told him (about the bragging, not the picture!) and he says thank you too! He's very reasonable and doesn't want any possible employer or so to be able to find anything about him on the internet. He even has his facebook on a fake name because of that.

No wonder you're a proud Mama! Handsome young man with brains & looks. ;)

It's always tough when they leave home but think of the things you can do with his room...a new sewing studio! hehe

Ruby, I have to admit, that thought crossed my mind already. He has a nice, light room ;)

Norma, I think they would make a very nice looking couple... :D

irishrn
February 1st, 2015, 09:54 AM
Congratulations to your son. It is so nice to see the children grow up and do well, but it is a bit harder on the moms to let them go! He is a handsome young man!!

Hulamoon
February 1st, 2015, 10:12 AM
Congratulations! He's a cutie too!

RhondaRae
February 1st, 2015, 08:30 PM
Congrats to you for raising a great son and to your son for his dedication to a career! Cute young man! Hope he isn't too far away when he moves on. It is so hard to let them go. I've been fortunate in that mine are all a half hour away from us.