PDA

View Full Version : Frosty the Night Owl is Back!

MayinJerset
January 30th, 2015, 03:12 AM
Began snowing again around dinner time and is expected to keep going until sometime tomorrow morning for another 2-3 inches. Don't think I will sitting here much longer as my feet are beginning to freeze onto the branch, Hot chocolate anyone?

toggpine
January 30th, 2015, 03:14 AM
I'm up for a mug, as long as you don't soak your toes in it first!

toggpine
January 30th, 2015, 03:22 AM
I made a stop by the dentist today. He put a temporary patch on my tooth. I get to schedule a filling-exchange.
I have teeth with old metal fillings and after hearing how I arced them with a hot wire across the top of my head about 15 years ago, he suggested I have the old fillings out, before they fracture the rest of my teeth. Apparently the metal doesn't expand and contract at the same rate as tooth. Thus, hot and cold will eventually cause them to shatter.

I've just finished a little taste of Crown Royal Maple and cream. (Think, liquid maple bar) I'm all warm and fuzzy, so I'm gonna go nest up for the night.
See you all on the flip side! Sweet Dreams Night Owls!
Cathy

kimsophia
January 30th, 2015, 03:26 AM
I was up until 3 last night but I'm not sure if I'll make it that late tonight. I've started a new cross stitch of Little Bo Peep and her sheep. I don't have the Old Macdonald bib assembled yet but I did pick the flannel out. :) Stay warm, all!

Cathy F
January 30th, 2015, 03:30 AM
Hi May! I can hang it in the tree with you for a while. They say we might get some more snow too, but so far I haven't seen it. I have enough to look out the window at!
Pretty cold out there. I teach a class on Thursday nights and I sure would have liked to be home in my " jammies" instead.
How are the borders on your quilt coming? I think I'll try to get in the sewing room later today and cut the borders for my Baltimore Album quilt and get them on before I end up with anotherUFO.
Going to Che k out the forum so I'll hop out of the tree for now. May be back if I don't fall asleep!

snippet
January 30th, 2015, 03:46 AM
Hoo Hoo.... hot chocolate sounds great, but then so does Cathy's Crown Royal Maple and cream. I am still sick - alternating between sleep and wakeful times. I guess I'll be awake for a few more hours.

I did get some needlework done, but it's not quilting. Just some embroidery on felt.

bubba
January 30th, 2015, 04:04 AM
That Crown Royal Maple is deadly!! Good thing it's up at the lake or I would be headed to the store to get me some whipping cream! Ohhhh........it would be good in eggnog I bet!!!

I can't take any chances with frostbite tonight, so I'll stay in out of the cold. I have two bow tucks ready to birth and finish off in the morning then I get to come home and start in on two Margo's! I delivered Libby's and then another to a gal I used to work with who immediately ordered two more!!

Oh, how I hope the Seahawks..........

Judy, USMC
January 30th, 2015, 04:17 AM
Quick HOOT here ... earlier bedtime than usual for me tonight. I have Dr ordered labs in the morning so no beverages for me tonight. So you all go ahead and have another one for me!

Feels so good to be able to take care of myself for a change ... I can take the time now since Steve's surgery went so smoothly.

Stay warm and pleasant dreams when you do drop off to sleep.

MayinJerset
January 30th, 2015, 04:43 AM
Peeking out the window and it's still snowing so I'm in for the night. Hmm, never heard of Royal Crown Maple with cream, is it a candy bar or a liquor? Either one would suit me fine.

Cathy did get last borders on and tomorrow will press them and get quilt ready for mailing to M* for quilting. 99728

bubba
January 30th, 2015, 05:18 AM
The Crown Royal is maple flavored and smells like maple syrup.....then it sounds like she is mixing it with cream.

MomGram
January 30th, 2015, 05:46 AM
It's a rainy cool night here. The granddaughter is having a sleep over at her great grandmom's house, so up late sewing and not worried about making noise. For Christmas my son said he'd buy me a new couch. Went in picked out one and it of course was on back order for two weeks. 2 1/2 weeks later I'm told no couch they aren't making it anymore. Haven't had time to go shopping again, store calls yesterday they got in a final shipment and they have my couch. Yepeeeee, so hoping all goes well and it's here tomorrow.

RockinLou
January 30th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Oh, if I had Maple Crown Royal, I bet that would help kick my flu!!

We recently paid $15 for maple syrup, I wonder if I could mix that with something local.... I've been saving it for a special occasion.

toggpine
January 30th, 2015, 02:05 PM
It certainly tastes better then Nyqil!
The first time I tried it, I nearly burned my throat. (Not a big whisky/burbon drinker, as I usually add a bit to a soda.) I did like the flavor though, so I went digging in the fridge for something to dilute it with. I had some Italian Sweet Cream coffee creamer. Just a little dash of that and an ice cube made the perfect go-to-sleep soother. I'm a light-weight, so most of my drink fits in a shot glass.

I imagine that eggnog would work, and if you didn't want it sweet, regular cream would work as well. I took some on girls weekend, and we had some in cream soda and that was pretty tasty too.

Now that I've had a good night's sleep, lets see what I can get done today!

bubba
January 30th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Oh!!! I had not thought of that sweet creamer! We buy that for our cocoa......wonder when we are going to the lake again??

toggpine
January 30th, 2015, 05:59 PM
Pat you might need a back-up bottle at home!
Hubby bought the Jim Beam Maple to take camping with the guys, and it's an OK substitute if you can't find CR. Did you see the ads for CR Apple? (I'm thinking apple pie in a glass.) One of these days I may see if they have a airplane-size and give it a try.

kimsophia
January 31st, 2015, 01:19 AM
Forecasting 6-9 inches of snow here starting tomorrow evening through Sunday morning with winds causing blowing and drifting...now this is enough to make a night owl pull the covers over her head and hibernate until spring! I'm working on a new cross stitch and feel like taking a nap. Yikes. Maybe a little one on the couch...? How are the other late nighters?

toggpine
January 31st, 2015, 05:32 AM
I'm up working on the course outline and resource list for my presentation.
I am very pleased with how this is coming together. Now if I can keep the presentation to about an hour, I'll be set. That will give 15 minutes for Q & A.
I took a look at the most recent version of the PPT I have on the computer, and I had already taken liberties with the layout and content of the slides! I'll have a few photos to take to update my info, but not hard stuff.
No fabric play until I get this done were the rules I set for myself.
Back to it!

kimsophia
February 1st, 2015, 01:15 AM
Frosty the Night Owl will be able to build a Frosty the Snowman here tomorrow as we're getting over nine inches of snow overnight.
Other than church, I've just been cross stitching today. I had to pull out stitches yesterday as I had placed Bo Peep's hair too high. It is coming along better today. How are the other Night Owls tonight?

bscuzz
February 1st, 2015, 02:46 AM
I'll make a short visit with my foot warmer here on this branch! My, my, my everybody sounds so busy . . . . today I spent more time on my feet than the last week+. The wheezing is subsiding 'n that's a relief. Saw my reg. Dr yesterday and brought her up-to-date on my 'missing appendix'. She reinstated the meds the ER had stopped and we kinda agree that accounts for much of my issues following surgery! Had visits today fm 2 of my DGDs 'n that always makes me feel better! I do think I'm on the mend since everything is making me hungry . . . 'n for sure I'll be dreaming' about this 'Maple Crown Royal laced with Italian Sweet Cream' as well as a good Canoli! Cathy your filling 'exchange' and the episode of an arching hot wire has me dumbfounded with visions of medieval electrical experiments . . . but then my brain is still a little muddled from the last weeks over/under medication!!! My toes are getting nippy, may have to go soon!

toggpine
February 1st, 2015, 03:30 AM
B - I was scrubbing out a water tank in the buck pen. We had hot wire around the top of the fence to keep the randy fellows inside their section of fence. I had the wire running over the section of fence where the water tanks were. I looked up at Mom hollering about something. I laid the hotwire across the top of my head. The fence charger electrifies about 5 miles of fence. We used less than 1/4 mile of wire to fence the buck pen. There was a bit of electricity flowing through there.

bscuzz
February 1st, 2015, 04:27 AM
Heavens to Betsy, Cathy - you kept those old metal fillings another 15 years?!?!?! Seems you've avoided hot wires since then! When I was a kid, my dad had metal fillings, particularly two gold ones in front - of which he was very proud. I'm sure glad he didn't have any run-ins with 'hot wires'!! Seems old metal fillings last a lot longer than whatever's used today!