PDA

View Full Version : WORTH LISTENING FOR A FEW MINUTES!

bscuzz
January 29th, 2015, 02:55 PM
This little clip is certainly worth a few minutes listening, not only for a tingling version of 'Amazing Grace' - enough on it's own, but for the "bit of history on negro spirituals . . . slave scale . . . black notes." What an uplifting, enlightening (for me at least) bit of our history!

Amazing Grace, by Wintley Phipps | KarmaTube (http://www.karmatube.org/videos.php?id=1312)

Kgrammiecaz
January 29th, 2015, 03:24 PM
I did not know about the black notes. Interesting information. I need to share with my daughter. Thanks!

Cathy F
January 29th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Beautiful rendition, and I didn'know about the black notes either.

Sandy Navas
January 29th, 2015, 05:14 PM
I had seen that before. Very inspiring!

pcbatiks
January 29th, 2015, 05:27 PM
Beautiful...............

Claire Hallman
January 29th, 2015, 07:18 PM
There was a movie made a few years ago about the writing of this song, I don't think it was a box office hit but it was quite a good movie.
I am not much of a church goer but I do love this song. There is a youtube clip of it being sung be Il Divo that can really raise the hair on your arms, it is wonderful.

Eriepatch
January 29th, 2015, 09:31 PM
Thank you for sharing that B

Carrie J
January 29th, 2015, 09:35 PM
B, yes this was an excellent talk/video on the "Black Notes", purely diatonic and amazingly well done! The dulcimer is a diatonic instrument, and you'd really be surprised what you can compose with just the black keys only! Great post!

ozziepuppy
January 29th, 2015, 11:50 PM
I found the video to be both informative and touching. Thanks for posting the link.