PDA

View Full Version : AWOL...........thanks to the City!!!

Carrie J
January 29th, 2015, 02:52 PM

Ok, this is somewhat of a rant, but with a LOT of laughter as well................

Yesterday about 11A.M., was sitting sewing, Hubs was terrorizing FB. And KABOOM, DRAGGING of metal, cussing, OMG's, and a City worker comes to our door and says, "Is your cable out?" Checked, yep, out, so is phone, internet, all of it. 4 cops show up as electrical lines are down too.............blackout for 3 blocks, Oncor shows up (electric company) sparking lines, etc, by 5PM we have electric back. Cable, UH NO! So make the call to the cable company, gotta love those automated dealie bobbers-NOT! No TV, phone, Internet last night. EGADS for Hubs, me, just sewed and read a book!

This morning, call the City, and ummmmm, you have cables down in your backyard? I said, "Ya think, your City Works guys creamed it with a front end loader yesterday, did the Police Dept., contact the cable provider to lodge a "Lines Down" report? City: "Let me get with my Boss and I'll call you back." RIGHT! Next thing I know, City Police are VERIFYING lines down in my backyard (seriously? Like I'm gonna make this up), next thing City worker is putting up barricades, cell phone rings and it's the Cable Company saying, "Ma'am, we just got an Emergency Lines Down call from the City, you're service will be restored within the hour." ROFLMBO................we DON'T call them the Keystone Kops for nothing!

Cable Guys come to the door and ask "How did they manage to DO THIS?!?!?" So related the whole sordid story, they now are done (obviously as I'm posting) and have 2 more blocks to make repairs. Thank God we have a healthy DVD library, Hubs is having FB withdrawal (serious ones, lol!) As I contentedly observe the live Marx Brothers shenanigans in my neighborhood! Life is what you make it, other than doing the "Lost In Space" robot.............waving arms, yelling "Danger Will Robinson, DANGER!!!!", I've laughed my butt off at the goings on. The only evidence I was in distress over this mess, are gnaw marks on my mouse form not being able to get my Forum fix!

Grandma G
January 29th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Wow, Carrie! You live in a neighborhood like mine. We call our guys Barney Fife and company. They are in serious need of training.

Glad you reported in because there were a lot of forum members getting ready to call in a missing person's report or at the least a well-check report for the police to follow up on. And you know I would have called the Texas Rangers, right??? :D

Actually feel better that you have checked in. Not like you to go off the grid like that unless you found a huge fabric garage sale 250 miles away. lol

Missed you!!

Sonic
January 29th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Oh wow...sounds like the shenanigans of our town and cable folks, minus the cop verification. No enough personnel or county budget to get an officer in an emergency...let alone that.
Now you just know many of us were having quite the ball spinning all kinds of wild tales with our vivid imaginations...

(still want that good looking seam ripper I thought you were bringing though...)
(...just saying..)

Simply Quilting
January 29th, 2015, 03:20 PM
Never a dull moment for you. Thanks for the laughs.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
January 29th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Wait, I see no mention of a seam ripper in this story. Carrie, are you telling fibs again? :)

Sandy Navas
January 29th, 2015, 04:10 PM

Staring Carrie J.

Monique
January 29th, 2015, 04:52 PM
Sounds like something that would happen around here.

Navy Wife
January 29th, 2015, 05:25 PM
I really needed that laugh today. Brought back many memories of various places we've lived. Most of the places had Keystone Cops or Barney Fife's gang. And a few had Tim the Toolman around!

HandsOffItsMine
January 29th, 2015, 05:27 PM
And here all I have to report is that my trash wasn't picked up yesterday. Got to make my 5th call in 9 weeks "Yo! You missed us again, it's getting old! Especially since you raised the price by $33 a quarter!!!"

Your situation stinks more than mine, my smelly is outside, I would have withdrawals from the internet. lol

Glad it's all coming together again. Wouldn't want you to have to endure another night with DH and no internet for him. hehe

Blondie
January 29th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Are you sure you don't live on The Hill? Good golly girl, what a ride.

bubba
January 29th, 2015, 08:10 PM
I still think it involved a seam ripper and stripper pole....

Carrie J
January 29th, 2015, 08:27 PM
Hey Ladies, at least the Cable guys were easy to look at, seriously! ROFL! I LOVED hearing them talk about the doofuses at the City while on the pole (Pat settle down now, not that kinda pole!!!) I was snickering like crazy inside the sewing room. And talking of seam rippers,,,,,,,,,,LOL, I DID get a new one today, dang but you gals have cracked me up reading the replies! Made my day! Gerri, Texas Rangers, OH GIRL now you're talkin' my language! Nothin' like a star and a Cowboy hat girl! Sandy, ya just ain't right, :D!!

Grandma G
January 29th, 2015, 10:23 PM
Gerri, Texas Rangers, OH GIRL now you're talkin' my language! Nothin' like a star and a Cowboy hat girl! Sandy, ya just ain't right, :D!!

Yeah, and you knew I wasn't talking about the Texas Rangers baseball team either!!! Ha!!

Carrie J
January 29th, 2015, 10:27 PM
Yeah, and you knew I wasn't talking about the Texas Rangers baseball team either!!! Ha!!

I MOST ceratinly DID, LOL! ;)

Sandy Navas
January 29th, 2015, 10:39 PM
99712Found this on the website for Carrie's cable provider.

Uhhuh!!

Heck, I'd disappear for a week or more.

Sonic
January 29th, 2015, 11:14 PM
***cough***