PDA

View Full Version : It's Thursday

Blondie
January 29th, 2015, 08:18 AM

Hello Folksies!

Yes, I have the urge to eat a whole package of Oreos. You know the commercial about letting go of my Eggo's? Shucks, y'all can keep those stale tasting pieces of cardboard. What I really get a death grip on is something good and chocolatey. Thank goodness I have an understanding man. You see, he also loves everything that I do. It's sort of an automatic thing for him. So, years ago when he realized that I was hiding oreos from the children, all the while letting them eat bread with butter and sugar, he joined in and found new hiding places. Remember me telling you some time back that I hid Christmas presents and never found them years later? Well, guess what I found yesterday while digging through an ancient box of scraps. You got it. An unopened package of Oreos. It looked really fresh, even though the sell date was July 1999. Neither one of us is even going there . . . however, I am trying to remember why I was even digging through that scrap box. I think I was looking for enough fabric to finish binding a quilt for Joshua's birthday gift. *Note to self: the kids are grown and gone - no need to hide cookies and candy any longer.

So, it's Thursday. I need to work in a bit. Sure wish I could stay in my jammies all day. Oh wait. I did that yesterday. I did finally get the binding on that quilt and finished it up. Washed and dried it, all nice and fluffy. I will attempt to take a photo on the next sunny day. Y'all also realize I am the worst photographer on the face of the earth in NC.

Hope everyone has a spectacular day. Find your happy place and spend some time there.

Prayers continuing for our Barb and Jeff.

SMILE!

Madeforyouinma11
January 29th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Good morning! Well I woke up to a new grandson today! He was born less than an hour ago and is in intensive care for a while because he is having some trouble breathing. Please keep him in your prayers and I will post pics when I have some.

Monique
January 29th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Good morning everyone. What a day yesterday. Needed to have blood work done, then the plan was to visit my friend in Palliative care, and then off to have an endometriosis. Well it took almost 1 1/2 hours waiting for have blood work, then I was waited another hour waiting for the doctor. My friend passed away before I ever got to see her. I guess it wasn't meant to be that I visit her.

Now the kicker is, the doctor wanted me to tell him why he was doing this procedure. WHAT? How would I know? Anyway, I decided to go ahead and be 100% sure that there was no cancer rather than wait 4 months and have another test done. Not the most pleasant of procedures, (even worse than pap smears) but it is done and the worry off my shoulders.

We are expecting snow today. Hubby has a man cold and I am trying to stay away from him. I do want to go to the church and get rid of some boxes of stuff I have and maybe look for a new coat. I saw one two weeks ago that I liked.

Anyway, have a great day friends. I hope those that were in the path of all that snow, have dug themselves out.

buckeyequilter
January 29th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Good morning! Well I woke up to a new grandson today! He was born less than an hour ago and is in intensive care for a while because he is having some trouble breathing. Please keep him in your prayers and I will post pics when I have some.

Congratulations and prayers for your grandson.

Cathy F
January 29th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Morning all,
Blondie, yum, oreos!
Cil, congratulations on your new grandson! Prayers everything will be well with him.

Not much to say this morning, had to venture out yesterday for some groceries or it would have been a jammies type of day for me too. Snow and cold keeps me in the house!
Promised myself I'd get up in the sewing room these past few days and I haven't stepped foot in it. I've got projects that need to get finished but I just don't feel like going there. Oh well,maybe today.
Off to get a cup of coffee and try to wake up. Prayers for all our members who are ailing, and hugs to all who need a few extra today.

Ginny B
January 29th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Good Morning and Congratulations Cil! Can't wait to see pix of your new grandson.

I am very confused because yesterday felt like Monday but we already had a Monday this week. But I see by the title of this thread -- it is Thursday! Yay. It was a good day at work yesterday---I finally got some charts to do what I wanted them to do not what they wanted. What will today hold?

Not much else going on here. Guess I'll go do a bit of laundry before going to work. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Blondie
January 29th, 2015, 09:09 AM

Congratulations Cil! Prayers and gentle kisses for the wee one - hugs for everyone else. happy happy happy!

buckeyequilter
January 29th, 2015, 09:09 AM

OK, Shirley, just take a deep breath and relax.

The freezing rain just started....I wasn't too concerned about that, but DH called me and said "you're going to love driving this morning....the wind is blowing and the road is drifted". OH great...he drives a truck and I drive a car - and no way will that car go through that stuff. He said the ditches are filled and you can't really tell where the ditches end and the road begins. No snow plows out cleaning it up....so here I sit. I WILL GO TO WORK WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT!! Ok rant over.

I think I'll slide my way out to my quilting room and pin that top on.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs.

MRoy
January 29th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Good morning! Cil, congratulations on your new grandson. Prayers for him too. I've got a baby shower to attend a week from Saturday and a D9P baby quilt to make by then. Fabric for boy babies is not plentiful in my area so I ordered from MSQC early yesterday morning. I got a shipping notice yesterday afternoon (how's that for service) so I'm hoping to make the deadline. If not, I'll buy a small gift and give the expectant mom and IOU for a quilt.

Today, I plan to cut and kit up the parts for a donation quilt to work on during the guild's weekly sit-n-sew. Laundry is running and it's time for more coffee. Have a good Thursday everyone.

Blondie
January 29th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Shirley, you are irreplaceable. Stay safe, girlfriend.

OK, Shirley, just take a deep breath and relax.

The freezing rain just started....I wasn't too concerned about that, but DH called me and said "you're going to love driving this morning....the wind is blowing and the road is drifted". OH great...he drives a truck and I drive a car - and no way will that car go through that stuff. He said the ditches are filled and you can't really tell where the ditches end and the road begins. No snow plows out cleaning it up....so here I sit. I WILL GO TO WORK WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT!! Ok rant over.

I think I'll slide my way out to my quilting room and pin that top on.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs.

Judy, USMC
January 29th, 2015, 09:16 AM
I had an enjoyable time watching my husband waking up from anesthesia. He kept saying he didn't feel right ... and with the amount of sedative they gave him along with the pain killers I don't think anyone would feel right.

He was hungry so I would pop a slice of banana in his mouth. 3 chews - fall asleep for a minute - 3 more chews - back to sleep - a couple more chews and swallow. Back to sleep for a couple of minutes and then he was thirsty. Tried to give him a drink with the bendy straw but he insisted on doing it himself so I handed him the cup. His mouth was opening and closing (imagine a fish face) but the cup never got closer than a foot away from his mouth. He said he must have had a stroke! "No Dear- you have a blood pressure cuff on your arm and can't bend it!!!!"

Hope that gives you all a chuckle .....

So we are back home - his heart is back in normal rhythm - everything went smoothly. Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes from my forum pals. You hold a special place in my heart. Follow up appointment for him next week and then back to the Cincinnati are to take care of his sister.

Continuing prayers for those who need them .... and editing to add my congratulations on the new baby! ! ! ! !

Blondie
January 29th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Judy, thank you for the update and grins. Poor baby. It is amazing what the docs can do these days! Take it easy for the next few days. Yeah, right! Prayers continue for all concerned the next week.

I had an enjoyable time watching my husband waking up from anesthesia. He kept saying he didn't feel right ... and with the amount of sedative they gave him along with the pain killers I don't think anyone would feel right.ng was

He was hungry so I would pop a slice of banana in his mouth. 3 chews - fall asleep for a minute - 3 more chews - back to sleep - a couple more chews and swallow. Back to sleep for a couple of minutes and then he was thirsty. Tried to give him a drink with the bendy straw but he insisted on doing it himself so I handed him the cup. His mouth was opening and closing (imagine a fish face) but the cup never got closer than a foot away from his mouth. He said he must have had a stroke! "No Dear- you have a blood pressure cuff on your arm and can't bend it!!!!"

Hope that gives you all a chuckle .....

So we are back home - his heart is back in normal rhythm - everything went smoothly. Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes from my forum pals. You hold a special place in my heart. Follow up appointment for him next week and then back to the Cincinnati are to take care of his sister.

Continuing prayers for those who need them ....

Bubby
January 29th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

I spent last night at home and my bed felt so good. I'm almost ready to head back to Jeff. I will stay all day and hopefully be able to leave in time to get home before dark. I have to drive Hwy 63 and it's windy and spooky after dark as most 2 lane highways are in the country.

Jeff is progressing at a normal place. His epidural and catheter are coming out today and then the real recovery can begin. I hope he is home by the weekend or first of the week. If he has to go to rehab for a few days that will get him home by the middle of next week. He's a strong man and I know he will do everything possible to get home asap.

Cil, congratulations on the birth of your Grandson!!I will keep him in prayer. I have time on my hands at the hospital and I've been catching up on my prayers. You are so blessed!!

I'm off for now...I know you will continue to pray for us and that's such a blessing. Love, Barb

Angelia
January 29th, 2015, 09:45 AM
I finished formatting a journal issue yesterday and sent it to the printer--Yay! Now to brush up on my bulk mailing procedures--but that's for next week. Today, another visit to the vet with Olive--still not sure where she stands in terms of recovery, but one day at a time. Need to do some cleaning, but I also hope to get some quilt blocks trimmed.
Best wishes to all.

RockinLou
January 29th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Hello all, congratulations on new babies and successful surgeries! Prayers for healthy recoveries for all...

I don't have much to say at the moment that would be positive, but I want to thank you all for being here, just reading through the forum is a nice escape tonight...

Tomorrow is another day!!

WendyI
January 29th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Cil Congrats on that wee babe! I'm sure he will be just fine! He's in my thoughts. (((HUGS))))

Monique so sorry you didn’t get to say goodbye to your friend. 

Shirley drive save when you Do decide to go in!

Judy sounds like hubby’s gonna be just fine! Glad everything went smoothly.

Barb, glad you got to have a good sleep in your own bed. Important to take care of you too. Glad Jeff is on his way to getting home…hope it’s soon!

Nothing new with me...we re-listed our house last night to attract some new buyers. Having another open house this Saturday. Our agent assured us that he is 98% certain that our house will sell in February so fingers crossed everyone. I really need this to happen for my sanity.

Supposed to get 5 cms of snow today...guess winter had to kick in some time this year. ugh. (((HUGS))) to everyone who is needing them today! And maybe a few for me too. Stay warm everyone!

Amy R
January 29th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Congrats on the new grand baby!!!
Shirley, be careful. If it's too bad outside stay home and quilt :D

Monique, continued hugs and prayers. I'm so sorry.

Barb, so glad Jeff is progressing through this well. Be careful driving home that does sound creepy!!
Angelia, seems kitty pancreatitis issues can linger for a bit, hoping Olive gets well soon. Poor little one :(

I took a mental night out last night, just watched tv on the couch with my quilt. Mostly Jenny's tutorials and then last half of Criminal minds (eek) and Stalker. No wonder I had a nightmare this morning. Pretty bad!
Little one had me up too early as usual. I'm looking forward to getting taxes done this weekend and Joann's 60% off spendalooza.

I decided Niko's quilt pattern will be Houndstooth. I'm not sure the colors yet hubs wants dark enough to clean easy but not too dark to show it too much. Yeesh. I'm just hoping to find colors that coordinate with my blue and white beach themed room :P

Prayers and hugs and happy thoughts to all.

Carrie, hope your internet goes back on we were worried about your absence yesterday!!

pcbatiks
January 29th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Good morning everyone.

Blondie......loved the story about finding hidden Oreos from 1999! We will just assume that you didn't eat them! :D

Cil.....congrats on your little grandson.......saying a prayer for him. :)

Barb and Monique......continued thoughts and prayers for you'll.

I'm off to help sort books again this morning. The room looked just like the picture I posted a few days ago.....when we got there......and looked just as full when we stopped sorting. The books are coming in fast now. The lady in charge of the sale always worries that we wont' have enough.........and we always end up with a gym full of books!

I had fun yesterday playing with my Grinch panel pieces........got them on my design wall right now.

Hope you all have a great day!

MayinJerset
January 29th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Good to hear 'our guys' are doing OK after their surgeries and keeping them in prayers for good recoveries.
Congrats to Cil on the birth of her new grandson, prayer for his angel to keep watch over him.

Bad forecast for later today, freezing weather and more snow which may effect all the things I have scheduled for the next few days. I would really like to cancel Saturday's Pillowcase Sew In at the small private park we hold them in,. The park buildings are closed on the weekend so Guild President is supposed to meet me there with our guild's only key to building but she lives in an adult community and after snow it is often days before she can get to her car. Other concerns are will the park have it's limited parking area cleared and most of all would anyone want to come out and sew on a zero degree day? Hopefully by Friday afternoon we'll have a better idea of the situation. If cancelling I'll have enough time to send email out to our 90+ guild members.

Sorry to vent but it's frustrating as the pillowcase group doesn't have its own key any longer. In November guild members cleared out some old Harvest Supper decorations, beer bottles covered in fabric that served as flower vases, when park administrator saw the bottles in the recycling bin she thought guild members were having parties there when the park was closed so she had the lock changed. Situation has been cleared up but as of now only our Guild Pres. has a key and it is complicated for any one holding sew ins or small group meetings to get the building open. Other coordinator is holding a pillowcase sew in at a LQS so there is no problem with getting into the building or parking as they have a big lot. If LQS closes because of the weather we'll know soon enough to let other sewers know as there are just 5 gals who join us there.

Off for more coffee and thanks for bearing with me while I got that stuff off my chest.

ravelim
January 29th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Good morning everyone. What a day yesterday. Needed to have blood work done, then the plan was to visit my friend in Palliative care, and then off to have an endometriosis. Well it took almost 1 1/2 hours waiting for have blood work, then I was waited another hour waiting for the doctor. My friend passed away before I ever got to see her. I guess it wasn't meant to be that I visit her.

Now the kicker is, the doctor wanted me to tell him why he was doing this procedure. WHAT? How would I know? Anyway, I decided to go ahead and be 100% sure that there was no cancer rather than wait 4 months and have another test done. Not the most pleasant of procedures, (even worse than pap smears) but it is done and the worry off my shoulders.

We are expecting snow today. Hubby has a man cold and I am trying to stay away from him. I do want to go to the church and get rid of some boxes of stuff I have and maybe look for a new coat. I saw one two weeks ago that I liked.

Anyway, have a great day friends. I hope those that were in the path of all that snow, have dug themselves out.

Monique, so sorry to hear about your friend. I know it hurts you so much. Prayers for you and her loved ones.

Granny Judy
January 29th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Morning all. Hugs and congrats to those who posted before me. Life sure gets cantankerous at times...

My endoscopy went well, but the news is, I have an ulcer about the size of my thumb ... so special pills, special diet, and another endoscopy in 3 months. I like the Pain Pills. They let me get lots of Pain Free sewing done.

I'll have some of those wild side effects from the antacid pill, but got 2 different meds to control those suckers. And I have been on a bland diet for ages.. so nothing new there. This ol body has served me well, so I better start taking better care of it. No more late night snacks of cheese and apples. No more Hot fudge sundaes.... (I only cheated a little bit..once a day)

Spring can't be too far away and I know life will get better with some of that Sunshine... Prayers and hugs. Hang in there!!

JCY
January 29th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Good Morning, All ~ Cloudy & 40 deg. here today. We had 3 wonderful days of sun & unseasonably warm 60-70's. I have a pot of Anasazi beans on soaking for 1 hr. They need to cook for 2 hrs., then I'll dish them up into containers for the freezer. I've been working on the Square-in-a-Square #2. I have it sandwiched & pin basted & the edges machine basted. Ready for quilting, but I'm practicing my FMQ pattern on the white board. I made a practice block sandwich yest. I hope to get started on the FMQ today.

Congratulations on the new grand baby. I hope the folks in the NE are okay as they dig out from that latest storm. Two-three ft. of snow all at once is just too much. I feel bad for the folks living near the beach whose houses/cars were flooded from the storm surge.

Have a good day.

Sandy Navas
January 29th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Where to begin - successful surgeries with recoveries ahead, new babies (Congrats, Grandma Cil), and lost Oreos?

Blondie did remind me of buttered bread with sugar - hadn't thought of that for a very long time and haven't had one of those treats since I was knee-high to a grasshopper. What a memory was brought up though. Also the summer sandwich of choice was Wonder Bread with mayo and fresh picked peppermint leaves, salt and pepper. But I also remember the summer run-in-and-grab Wonder Bread with pork'n beans and run-out-again to play before dark sandwich. Or the ones that Doris made at the Country Store with a slice of bologna and an ice cold orange crush that would ice up when you popped the top off the bottle. Oh, and don't take the wrapper off the bologna before slicing because you could run that wrapper piece between your teeth and pull of the errant pieces of meat. That was meat, wasn't it?? Not so sure now.

Hoping everyone has a great day. Stay safe (stay home, Shirley), drive carefully if you must go out, hope you all have a wonderful time stitching!!

LynneLeavell
January 29th, 2015, 12:04 PM
Cil congratulations on the birth of your grandson. Prayers going out for him and all of ya'll. I know what it is like to have one in ICU or NICU.

We have cold weather. A year ago today we were pretty much shut down. So glad that did not happen this year. Oh wait, I could be doing some much needed sewing in my jammies right now if that was the case. Trust me I will not get out in it.

Everyone stay warm and safe where needed. Prayers going out to those who need and to those who don't.

P. S. Blondie I still hide cookies and candy from my family. Even from my husband.

songbird857
January 29th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Good morning -
Blondie, the oreos made me laugh! But there is NO WAY I would hide a package of Oreos and not remember that I had hidden them ;) In fact, they would be gone in an embarrassingly short amount of time. :icon_mooooh:
Cil - congrats on the new addition :)
Finished sewing the applique's yesterday, took a while as there are 10 flowers with 3 layers each and 20 leaves. That and the fact that I've never done applique' before, so there was the learning curve and trying to figure out the blanket stitch setting on my sewing machine! (I really don't make it easy on myself, do I) I absolutely love working with the moda fabric, it just feels so nice. I like the way it's coming out, just gotta finish it by tomorrow! I did buy some really cute pink elephant fleece at WalMart this morning and will try to whip up a wearable blanket for soon to be born Aria.
Have a great day all :)

HandsOffItsMine
January 29th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Cil - congrats on the new baby, will send prayers and healing light.

Monique and Barb, our prayers and love continue on.

My behind is dragging as the nights of 4-5 hours of sleep are continuing, no matter what I take/do. :( I wish I could sleep like Miss Chloe, she curls up anywhere on the sofa, bed, floor pillows and snores for hours. (big sigh)

Don, along with a bunch of other newbies, is being moved for 2-3 weeks to the camp in Dead Horse. Big Wigs of Exxon and EPA are coming in and they are getting the best rooms - meaning everyone is being moved from the top rooms down. Big old shuffling of bodies. Don's boss tried to safe him but it was the 2 newest from each discipline group, so off he goes tomorrow with his Giant Arctic Duffle Bag on the 2.5-3 hour bus ride to Dead Horse. They have to take their Arctic Gear with them in case of emergency to survive in the -40+ weather. Their suitcases/computers/etc. will go by convoy trucks. Normally the executives would fly in/out by helicopter each day from Anchorage but the weather has been too bad, so the minions must go! lol

Luckily for Don he leaves on Monday for his 3 weeks home, his alternate will get to be the lucky one to spend most of the time in DH where no one wants to be. Only good thing is that the guys were told by their supervisors: you're working remotely, get your work done in less than 12 hours per day, you can go to your room - we won't know...

There's a bad storm coming in tomorrow that has me concerned about that drive from camp to DH, prayers/good thoughts would be appreciated. I sure they won't make the trip out if it's dangerous road conditions yet the wife in me still worries. ;)

I'm trying not to take a nap but my eyes so want too. lol

Have a great day and be safe if you're in the snow region.

Huggers, Ruby

rebeccas-sewing
January 29th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Congrats on the new babe. Glad to hear those in need of healing are on their way to recovery. I remember sugar on bread. The thought of it now and I find myself making the "yuck" face! As to delicious things to eat, the days of hiding them from the kids have now become the days of hiding them from Rebecca. hahaha Just yesterday I told my daughter to hide the container of dates and hide the tortilla chips. I'm fine not eating this stuff as long as it's not in my reach! Two more days and then back to the Netherlands. I was going to take everything with me to finish up the "Grand Illusion" quilt but alas the weight restriction on my luggage won't allow it. Too bad. Oh well. I've printed out the final steps to finish it and will get the top done next visit.

Have a wonderful day and as Blondie says make sure to smile lots.

HandsOffItsMine
January 29th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Congrats on the new babe. Glad to hear those in need of healing are on their way to recovery. I remember sugar on bread. The thought of it now and I find myself making the "yuck" face! As to delicious things to eat, the days of hiding them from the kids have now become the days of hiding them from Rebecca. hahaha Just yesterday I told my daughter to hide the container of dates and hide the tortilla chips. I'm fine not eating this stuff as long as it's not in my reach! Two more days and then back to the Netherlands. I was going to take everything with me to finish up the "Grand Illusion" quilt but alas the weight restriction on my luggage won't allow it. Too bad. Oh well. I've printed out the final steps to finish it and will get the top done next visit.

Have a wonderful day and as Blondie says make sure to smile lots.

Oh Rebecca,

Sugar on freshly sliced Dutch white bread, yum. Still love it. Or with dark chocolate hagelslag, oh yes. Dad sends that here but you just can't get bread like that. The flour and eggs are different, making for a different flavor of bread. Same with the meat, nothing like a beef from a fresh grass fed cow. lol

Now I'm hungry for a hagelslag sandwich and I'm out! Pooh, I better put in a request to Dad & Ine for the next shipment. lol

Have a safe trip back to Baarn. :D

Simply Quilting
January 29th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Morning! I've been out and back this morning. Talk about a dramatic change in weather from yesterday's warm sunshine.

Last night I found out why my Grandma never did any sewing projects or anything else while I was learning sew. Oldest ds started another small sewing project for the first time with the Kenmore. It was an adjustment for him after using my Baby lock. So I spent time rethreading the needle, saying lower the presser foot. Today he will get to rethread the needle if it needs it.

No big plans for the rest of the day except for laundry. I do have some ironing to do before I can start sewing the next set of projects.

Cil, congratulations on the new grandson.

Judy and Barb glad things are going well with each of your husbands.

Ruby, continued prayers for Don's safety.

Rebecca, prayers for safety in travels.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone :)

Carrie J
January 29th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Good Afternoon Y'all..................been AWOL due to some majorly intelligent City Public Works guys...........long story! Cil Congratulations on the wee one:D!! Shirley be safe dear friend! Posting a quick note as Hubs is having MAJOR FB withdrawals! And we are now RESTORED to all services, phone, cable and DSL.......................off to sew and let Hubs get settled back in! Hugs and Blessings to all, and especially those that need them!!! :D

Mpyles
January 29th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Good afternoon! Had to work for a bit this morning, training in a new menu item...should have taken 30 minutes...yet it was 2 hours.

Good to hear the hubby's are all doing well, that Carrie hasn't been abducted by aliens like Sandy was a few years back! Congrats on the new grand baby! Monique, so sorry for your loss. Blondie...we have a do not touch shelf here. Lol

Me? I'm off to work on my february ufo...or take a nap....

Have a great day!

toggpine
January 29th, 2015, 06:14 PM
Hmmm. I am adding a trip to the dentist today's list. Cracked off a piece of tooth near an old filling. Nice.

At least the sun is shining.

Prayers and blessings for all.

Blondie
January 29th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Hmmm. I am adding a trip to the dentist today's list. Cracked off a piece of tooth near an old filling. Nice.

At least the sun is shining.

Prayers and blessings for all.

Did you find an old bag of Oreos and throw caution to the wind?
I feel your ouchie. Sorry, kiddo

toggpine
January 30th, 2015, 03:25 AM
No Oreos!
English muffin, and it was fresh, although toasted.