PDA

View Full Version : Hanging onto the tree as the winds blow (Night Owls)

Simply Quilting
January 29th, 2015, 05:27 AM
This afternoon was amazingly warm weather for Missouri in January. However, about 10PM the wind has decided to kick up. So this night owl is hanging on.

Hoping that no one gets blown out of the tree tonight.

Sheena
January 29th, 2015, 05:30 AM
We're hanging on over here in England too. It's 8.30 am here and the trees are nearly bent double.

kimsophia
January 29th, 2015, 06:14 AM
My only sewing today was mending a couple of items...I've been up late watching the Duke/Notre Dame game rerun...exciting!

Not windy here yet...today was mild enough to go through the car wash! WOO HOO!! A big deal, for Iowa in January! :)

MayinJerset
January 29th, 2015, 06:18 AM
Hold on tight gals, it's going to be a bumpy night. Cold one too as the temps are dropping here in Jersey. Snow and icy conditions predicted later today and maybe overnight so I may be hiding out in a nice warm tree whole for the rest of the week. Going to pull my Night Owl hat down as far as I can to keep as much of me warm as possible. I suggest you gals do the same.

MomGram
January 29th, 2015, 06:26 AM
Woke up to a text(an hour old) from my friend/realtor saying the neighbor called and the sprinklers have been running for hours and water is running down the street. I'm thinking I can't get that house sold fast enough. I call my friend and he says he will head over there. Text my realtor that someone is headed there and she texts back NO! Not the for sale house YOUR house. I go out front yep big mess, my son comes out and gets it all shut off. Now please don't get me wrong, I am grateful someone let my friend know but was it that hard to just knock on my door and tell me.

Good news is I did get some sewing done today. Hope tomorrow I can get the baby quilt and the queen quilt quilted.

Not to upset anyone but it was a beautiful warm day here in Glendale AZ. Perfect weather for all the Super Bowl activities.

SuzyQue
January 29th, 2015, 01:21 PM
WE went from 70 degrees yesterday and sunny, to wild winds all night, to now cold 30's and dreary. Winter is here .....again!

bscuzz
January 29th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Oh how I was wishing I could have joined the Night Owls in the tree last night - even had my foot warmer all ready to go, but this zipper under my broken wing is still too tender. Actually I conked off to sleep much earlier than I usually do, maybe I just needed to sleep! Dr appts lined up one after the other for the next few weeks - so, guess you'd say my 'dance card' is full - - blah, blah, not exactly my favorite 'dance'!! :icon_rolleyes: :icon_mad: