PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning and Happy Fall

carolaug
September 6th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Good Morning:

Wow...Fall is here. Time to get ramped up and ready for the holidays. I love the MSQC videos! I have learned so much from you girls! Thank you for sharing your knowledge wih us!

Bubby
September 6th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Good Morning, Carol, and it truly feels like Fall is in the air here in Missouri. It's 58 degrees. Glad to hear you are enjoying the forums. I've learned a lot from everyone here also. It's neat the way we learn from each other and how if we put our heads together we can normally figure most things out!

I'm cutting our Dresden blades like crazy and chain piecing them together. Can't wait until I have enough colors to start sewing my plates! I'm using 30's repro prints that I've had around here for awhile and also some old feed sack material.

Have a wonderful Monday.....

Alana
September 6th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Oh yes, Fall is here I believe. Very cool here over night and I pulled out one of my quilts and cuddled with my cat on the sofa last night. It isn't just cool you can feel the crispness in the air. I'm sure we still have a few more scorches left to put up with, but for the most part it is pretty much over.
I love the Fall though. Knitting and quilting time is here. Have to give those Dresdens a try. Been a bit intimidated by them but I suppose once I get into it they will be fun.

Bubby
September 6th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Alana...You can easily make a Dresden with the Dresden Ruler. Easy peasey... Jenny's tutorial on Sympoz is a real good one and she has several good ideas. I'm cutting my blades at 4 1/2" and will most likely put them on a 10-12 block. If I can make real small plates I will put one at the intersection of all the blocks. It sounds highly ambitious, doesn't it? I get that way about midnight when I can't sleep...LOL! Have a good day!!!!

bakermom
September 6th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Definately Fall here! Like someone threw a switch. DH and I have been going around closing windows. DD from the south was shivering all weekend.
I am slowly recovering from the weekend-I could not wake up this morning. It was such a fun holiday for us with family around but we really tried to squeeze too much in. Thank goodness for leftovers 'cause mama's not cooking today!

HandsOffItsMine
September 6th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Good morning all,

No real seasons here. ; ) It did rain all afternoon yesterday on our side of the island but it actually was nice. Cool and fresh, it never became sticky.

Today, not a cloud in the sky and an expected 75. Going to take a walk to the beach, then start measuring the chair cushions to reupholster.

Enjoy the day ladies.

Smfidler
September 6th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Good morning all,

No real seasons here. ; ) It did rain all afternoon yesterday on our side of the island but it actually was nice. Cool and fresh, it never became sticky.

Today, not a cloud in the sky and an expected 75. Going to take a walk to the beach, then start measuring the chair cushions to reupholster.

Enjoy the day ladies.

Lucky duck! It was sticky windward side yesterday but the kids didn't care and I sat in the shade while they played. This morning we've had some showers and loads of rainbows. One if my favorite things about Hawaii! I miss real seasons and snow! So I am kinda glad this should be our last fall here. I would love to wear the other half of my wardrobe again!

sally
September 6th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Oh to be in Hawaii right now. It is warm here but being there would be so awesome. Love your state ladies! Love MSQC too!