PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE ON JEFF

Bubby
January 28th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

It was a very long and sleepless night. Jeff is having trouble with nausea even while taking anti-nausea medication. I can home early this morning for a couple hours of rest, food and a shower. I will be going back early this afternoon and I will probably come home after visiting hours end tonight at 9.

They got Jeff out of bed this morning to sit in a chair and he says it's painful, but something that must happen to make progress. I have a meeting with our Case Manager today to work out the logistics of Jeff's physical therapy.

I wanted to touch base and thank you all for your prayers. Please continue to pay - I'm feeling somewhat overwhelmed. I will be leaving my laptop at home for now and will give an update the net time I come back home.

Thank you so much! Love, Barb

Jean Sewing Machine
January 28th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Poor baby! I hope the yucky feeling goes away soon! And you all can get some rest!

Granny Fran
January 28th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the update. Will continue with the prayers for recovery and for you to have the strength you need to cope.

Pain is unfortunately part of the process. Tell Jeff to keep focused on the end result and before you know it you will be at the other end of this ordeal.

Sylvia H
January 28th, 2015, 01:00 PM
I am so sorry that you both have to go through this. But remember that the worst is really over. Each day will bring progress and improvement. You are both in my thoughts and sending wishes for continued recovery. Remember to take care of yourself, too.

Midge
January 28th, 2015, 01:05 PM
A wonderful milestone that he could get up in a chair despite the nausea. Don't wear yourself down before he even comes home. Get plenty of rest and eat right! Sending warm thoughts to you both.

BobW
January 28th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Barb,

At least you are in the "Progress" stage. Each day will become easier and Jeff will feel better. Take care of yourself, don't let yourself get down at this point.

EsGrandma
January 28th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the update - we're all praying for you and glad that you are beginning the recovery.

auntiemern
January 28th, 2015, 01:55 PM
Thank you for letting us know how things are going. The hospital is definitely not the place to rest... Make sure you take care of yourself so you can take care of him. Continued prayers and cyber hugs.

WendyI
January 28th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the update. Will be thinking of you both and hoping for a very speedy recovery. I know the physical therapy will be hard but so worth it in the end I'm told. (((HUGS))))

alliek
January 28th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the update, take care of yourself. Jeff has caretakers right now, you must keep your strength and health foremost. You will need it. Prayers for ongoing healing and wellness. God Bless.

K. McEuen
January 28th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Ugh, ugh, ugh! So sorry that he is experiencing nausea. I think that is the worst thing in the world. I hate being sick to my stomach. I wonder if it is because of the pain meds he is on. I know that some people are affected that way by them.

Here's hoping that you both can get some rest and relaxation soon.

Simply Quilting
January 28th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Thank you for the update. Continuing to pray for both of you.

Sandy Navas
January 28th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Sending hugs and continuing with the prayers. Like everyone says, take care of yourself, too. Wish I were close enough to help you out!!

sewbizzy
January 28th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Barb, thank you for letting us know about Jeff...I hope the nausea has gone away...it is painful at first when you get up, but will ease up shortly...prayers coming for both of you...

bscuzz
January 28th, 2015, 06:19 PM
Prayers for healing and recovery . . . just being in the Hosp amps us the pain/stress level, I speak fm recent experience! Patience isn't easy when in pain or stressed out, but one day at a time will see improvement to final recovery. God Bless!

MayinJerset
January 28th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Thank you for the update. Continuing to pray for both of you.

Me too. May

MRoy
January 28th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Keeping you both in my prayers. Based on my mom's experience, I feared Jeff would have a lot of pain today. Mom almost passed out from the pain the first time she stood after surgery. I hope Jeff will use his pain medication and not try to "tough it out". Rest as much as you can.

laura44
January 28th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Praying for a speedy and complete recovery.

HandsOffItsMine
January 28th, 2015, 07:57 PM
Sure hope that the nausea is under control by now, I know that that bothers me more than the pain. Just hate vomiting.

It's no fun getting out of bed but it has to be done, don't want to get fluid in the lungs and all that other mess. Give him our best and you make sure you do take care of yourself dear Barb. Kind of glad to hear that you're going home tonight, sleeping in your own bed will do you good.

Kat and Matt send their love and prayers. Don also does the same, gave him yesterdays update this morning.

Prayers and healing light shining on Jeff. Huggers for both of you, The Schmers/Stegers

Grandma G
January 28th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Sometimes the start of recovery seems slow and overwhelming. Will keep Jeff and you in my prayers for the improvement that you both want.

redcaboose1717
January 29th, 2015, 06:04 AM
Barb
There are a few Anti-Emetics out...... Zofran comes in IV, and Pill form. I would ask about other meds for nausea. There's a few I can think of : Regal, Compazine, Zofran,Kytril, etc......I would ask to use something else. I use Zofran for my nausea and vomiting issues.

ozziepuppy
January 29th, 2015, 07:44 AM
Thinking of you both! Continuing to pray, & glad surgery went well.

AnnieF
January 29th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Barb
There are a few Anti-Emetics out...... Zofran comes in IV, and Pill form. I would ask about other meds for nausea. There's a few I can think of : Regal, Compazine, Zofran,Kytril, etc......I would ask to use something else. I use Zofran for my nausea and vomiting issues.

I agree - check with the doctors to see if you can switch nausea meds. My daughter had surgery last month and was so sick from the pain meds for the first few days that we were on the verge of taking her back to the hospital. They'd had her on ondansetron for nausea and it Just wasn't helping her - switched to phenergen and within a couple of hours she was able to get up and around, eat, etc.

maxwellthecat
January 29th, 2015, 11:30 PM
Thanks for keeping us posted about Jeff. I am so sorry he isn't feeling that good and is in pain. Everyday, he will become stronger with less pain. You have to keep yourself healthy too so, please get rest and dress warm when you go out.