PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Niko I get the hint.

Amy R
January 28th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Big boy wants his own quilt.
He's been pulling any kind of comfy surface to the floor to try to snuggle on.
I've heard this about danes LOL.
This is just pathetic!! :icon_rofl:

Eriepatch
January 28th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Come on Amy, Niko is cold....get sewing :D:D

pcbatiks
January 28th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Niko is such a sweet looking "little" pup..........you better make that baby a warm quilt in a hurry! :D

Midge
January 28th, 2015, 11:23 AM
Mom, don't be heartless! Get that poor neglected boy his very own quilt. My cocker spaniel does that too. He ignores the plush throw I bought for him to snuggle in and gets cozy with a quilt. Guess he knows the quality goods, hmmm?

Sylvia H
January 28th, 2015, 11:28 AM
I think he also needs a matching pillow with the quilt I know you are now making just for him. :icon_razz:

Cathy F
January 28th, 2015, 11:34 AM
One of my Danes, Diablo, was like that, but he also loved the couch and that didn't leave much room for anyone else! My Diablo was a fawn, Rascles, was a harlequin like Niko. They certainly are "gentle giants".

HandsOffItsMine
January 28th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Love Great Danes, my Dad has always had GDs, golden and blues. Normally 2 at a time, Emma was a blue and my favorite. Now I must say, I love them at someone else's house, their meadow muffins and lakes are way too big for me. I can barely put up with the tootsie roll logs, and puddles! lol

I do think Nico is giving you a MASSIVE HINT for his own quilt. Pronto! lol

songbird857
January 28th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Your pup definitely needs his own blankie. Ella loves pillows :) I took an old pillow and made a fleece cover and she loves it!!

Amy R
January 28th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Lol Sylvia didn't think to make matching pillow. Adding that to the list :p

Jean Sewing Machine
January 28th, 2015, 12:49 PM
You should see Klasien's labs, they each have their own pillows! You baby needs his own quilt, A BIG ONE!

Granny Fran
January 28th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Any quilt I make that Buddy supervises becomes his favorite. I think sometimes that because it has your scent on it, it gives comfort. Make him a REALLY big one like Jenny's tutorial. I KNOW you must have enough scraps to fill it, if not, I'll send mine over. LOL

yeeehawterri
January 28th, 2015, 01:10 PM
99584I lost my Dane this past summer, he was 3 weeks shy of turning 11. He was my love, sweet, gentle and protective of me, but let my daughter's yorkie call the shots when he was around. We had a crib mattress in the corner of the TV room for him and he would always "nest" with his quilts on it. He was such a snuggler.
Well, this pic is of him on the deck one warm spring morning last year.

shirleyknot
January 28th, 2015, 01:31 PM
My old Chow had her own quilt. She would snuggle on it at night, but after a bath, she would roll up in it with just her face peeking out and lay there til she was dry.

lourixe
January 28th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Well, this pic is of him on the deck one warm spring morning last year.
My sister's dog would drag her rug to the sunniest spot on the deck. Then had hunting dreams and run and barked in her sleep.

IBake
January 28th, 2015, 03:40 PM
My boys have beds and "bunkies" on every level. The Giant Schnauzers is notorious for pulling bunkies all around the house. When he can't find one, he goes for another. The Wolfhound mix has to have a pillow wherever he sleeps...And he has stolen the polar fleece quilt that my DIL made for me....yes, they are both totally spoiled rotten!

Your poor boy is cold. Make his quilt big enough that you can pull it over him also. Don't want the poor thing to freeze...when we toss a blanket over our boys at night, we hear a ssiiiggghhh from them as it settles over them. spoiled I know.....

Marebear
January 28th, 2015, 07:38 PM
LOL poor baby - make him a quilt fast!!

LRM
January 28th, 2015, 11:39 PM
It is so fun to read all your stories. What beautiful companions you all have. Bless those who love fur babies!

Heather
January 29th, 2015, 01:42 PM
What a sweet baby. Our English Mastiff has chewed just about every plush toy or pillow he can find, except his quilt, which remains intact and his daytime sleeping "spot" in the den.