PDA

View Full Version : Leaving town

Swedish leo
January 28th, 2015, 06:24 AM
Hi

Tomorrow I am leaving town with my work for a conference. We ( my work) are going with bus tomorrow afternoon to a ski resort called Sälen. And we wont go home until Saturday afternoon.

This means no internet for me. Sniff... I will be missing Fridays tutorial. sniff..

Hopefully there will be lots of thing to do at the resort beside work.

But I will miss checking in here at the forum.

Here are a Google link of the place where I will be. It is beautiful is it not ?!

Take care and I will see you soon

Hugs Annika

https://www.google.se/search?q=s%C3%A4len+ski+lodge+village&biw=1920&bih=986&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=p6nIVIexM4a5ygP15oCQAg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Renate
January 28th, 2015, 06:33 AM
Dear Annika,

immediately I would Change some days without Internet against this great Ski Resort. Have fun with your co-workers, make a sewing brake and enjoy the snow.

Many regards

TheYarnmaiden
January 28th, 2015, 06:42 AM
My goodness that's pretty.
I'm with Renate on this one, I'd happily trade internet for a few days there.
Probably lend out both my machines, promise to home finish a king size quilt in mixed weights of wool, and a victorian ball gown from half a vaguely remembered fashion plate in glaring sparkle satin plaids coated in mini knife pleats as well.
Even if the only skiing I know is the kind with a boat.
=^.^=
I hope you find time for many non-work related fun things.
Safe yet adventurous travels!

Suzette
January 28th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Wow, that is beautiful and looks so serene and restful! I too would happily trade a few days of Internet to be there! Have a wonderful and safe trip and we'll see you back here soon. :)

Monique
January 28th, 2015, 08:47 AM
Just enjoy the rest.

songbird857
January 28th, 2015, 08:47 AM
Ditto what they said!! Enjoy :)

Amy R
January 28th, 2015, 10:20 AM
How beautiful! Enjoy yourself, we'll be here when you get back!!

MayinJerset
January 28th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Beautiful place so enjoy your work conference and have a bit of a vacation also.

MRoy
January 28th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Enjoy your time in this beautiful place!

Eriepatch
January 28th, 2015, 10:32 AM
You won't even miss us! That is so beautiful. Have a wonderful time.

Grandma Nan
January 28th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Oh Annette- how beautiful. I have been in Switzerland many times for work and pleasure in Geneva and we also had friends who lived just outside Geneva almost on the French border and one friend who lived downtown. Its a very expensive place to live but beautiful. We have also travelled around the country and went to the Jazz Festival in Montreax. How lucky you are to live in sucha a beautiful spot.

Grandma Nan
January 28th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Hi

Tomorrow I am leaving town with my work for a conference. We ( my work) are going with bus tomorrow afternoon to a ski resort called Sälen. And we wont go home until Saturday afternoon.

This means no internet for me. Sniff... I will be missing Fridays tutorial. sniff..

Hopefully there will be lots of thing to do at the resort beside work.

But I will miss checking in here at the forum.

Here are a Google link of the place where I will be. It is beautiful is it not ?!

Take care and I will see you soon

Hugs Annika

https://www.google.se/search?q=s%C3%A4len+ski+lodge+village&biw=1920&bih=986&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=p6nIVIexM4a5ygP15oCQAg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

I am totally asleep and I literally was falling asleep as I was writing and just noted that you are in Sweden and not in Switzerland. My apologies for being so stupid.

Sandy Navas
January 28th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Hmm, looks like a wonderful place to outfit with a sewing room and lots of machines and set up quilting retreats.

BEAUTIFUL. I hope you have such a great time and don't miss us too much.

HandsOffItsMine
January 28th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Enjoy those "cyberless" days! I would love to sit by the fire with a good book any moment there was free time from work activities.

Have fun in such a beautiful environment...

Midge
January 28th, 2015, 11:30 AM
I hope you have lots of free hours to enjoy that beautiful scenery. Treat yourself if you can! We will miss you, but I am very glad after all the turmoil you've faced recently that you have an opportunity to get away for a bit. Enjoy, and come back with some photos to post please!

WendyI
January 28th, 2015, 02:46 PM
That place is amazing! Hopefully work will let you enjoy some of the hills! See you when you get back! xox

tamsterg7
January 28th, 2015, 11:54 PM
Uhm, Annika - was ist los mit du? I would gladly give up the internet to spend a few glorious days there - even if it was with co-workers!

Kgrammiecaz
January 29th, 2015, 12:07 AM
Wow. So awesome. I love the bunks. Reminds a bit of a camping place we go to. Not quite as grand, but looks just as coazy. Enjoy, we will be here when you get back to hear all about it.