PDA

View Full Version : Best snow day ever!

SallyO'Sews
January 28th, 2015, 12:42 AM
Not that I'm exactly a fan most of the time, but today the governor of the Nutmeg State is my favorite. He made it illegal for me to go to work by closing all the roads in the state due to the Blizzard. It has been VERY cold here in the Hartford area, but that meant that the snow was very light and fluffy, so I was not nearly as worried about DH as usual. And I didn't feel even a little bit guilty about staying home.
AND I put a chicken in the crock-pot yesterday a.m. for last night's dinner, so this morning I just added some chicken stock and some barley to the leftovers and we had soup for supper, SO...

I got to sew all day long!! :D:icon_woohoo::D

Finished a pillow for the gift shop, and have been playing with some log cabin blocks this evening.

Praying for you all, and wishing you a good night!

Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

songbird857
January 28th, 2015, 12:47 AM
Yep, i did a fair amount of work on a quilt today :)
Gotta love snow days...

auntiemern
January 28th, 2015, 02:22 AM
Sounds divine.

stationarymom
January 28th, 2015, 02:25 AM
did you get much snow there? we got about 32" here.

SallyO'Sews
January 28th, 2015, 04:06 PM
did you get much snow there? we got about 32" here.

Wow, Joan, sounds like you hit the jackpot! Here in Hartford we got about 12 - 15 inches. Usually, the northwest area of Connecticut gets the most snow, but not with this one - eastern portions of the state got slammed with upwards of two feet, but western areas only got 6 inches. And it looks like there's more to come this weekend!

cyndiofthevortex
January 28th, 2015, 05:21 PM
I sewed all day, too! DH's company closed for the storm so he worked on his computer at the kitchen table while I worked alongside him at on an awesome project I'm so happy with. It was great fun! We got at least 15 inches of snow here in New Hampshire. It is so beautiful outside! I finished the project today and am going to go now and post it on Show and Tell. Hope you all like it!