PDA

View Full Version : JEFF'S SURGERY

Bubby
January 27th, 2015, 08:28 PM
Jeff had his surgery early this morning and made it out of recovery about 3 pm. He had a couple of rough patches in but he made it through. I will spend the night with him tonight and possibly tomorrow night. Turns out his nurse is a good friend of mine who took care of my late husband Mike. It's nice to have a friend here.

Jeff won't be allowed to get up until tomorrow due to having an epidural rather than general anesthesia because of his breathing issues.

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. We feel blessed for your faithfulness and friendship.

Hugs and thanks, Barb

Jean Sewing Machine
January 27th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Prayers for you both. Keep us posted on his progress.

Doloris
January 27th, 2015, 08:41 PM
glad to hear things went well. Hope his recovery goes just as well.

maxwellthecat
January 27th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Barb, I am so happy that Jeff is out of surgery. My prayers are with the both of you, take care of yourself.

K. McEuen
January 27th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Glad to hear he made it through ok. Make sure he lays flat on his back until he is completely thawed out from that spinal block. It's no fun at all getting a spinal headache when some of the fluid leaks out because someone props you up.

pcbatiks
January 27th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Happy to hear he is out of surgery. Hoping you both rest well this evening and prayers continuing.

Amy R
January 27th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Thank you for the update, you both were on my mind today! Still praying for a quick recovery.
I know you feel better now at least in part with a friendly nurse helping you guys through.

stitching woman
January 27th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Glad things went well. Hugs and prayers for you and Jeff.

HandsOffItsMine
January 27th, 2015, 08:48 PM
I've been watching for your post, glad to hear that he is in his room now. Thankful that it's over and that you're by his side, also that you're not alone there. God was watching out for you by having that nurse there for you as support.

Will let Kat/Matt know right away, she's been waiting for word as well. Don will have to wait until tomorrow morning most likely. I know he would send his well wishes.

Don't forget to take care of yourself as well Barb. Can't have you get sick. ((Barb)) Hugging you through cyber space, please give Jeff our love and a gentle hug too. :)

XOXO, The Schmers/Stegers

Midge
January 27th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Glad to hear that is over and went well. And it's always a good thing to have a Registered Nurse firmly in your corner when hospitalized. Try to rest!

Angelia
January 27th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Thinking of you both.

MBCA
January 27th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Glad to hear it went well, rest up while you can.

Cathy F
January 27th, 2015, 09:08 PM
Good to see the surgery is behind him and on the road to recovery. Continued thoughts and prayers for his healing..

Sonic
January 27th, 2015, 09:16 PM
That's good news and I'm glad things went ok. I hope he has a very speedy recovery and second what some of the others have said...take care of you too! {{{ Hugs }}}}

Simply Quilting
January 27th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Thank you for the update. I'm glad things went okay. Praying for a speedy recovery for him and that you take care of yourself so that you can be healthy.

Mpyles
January 27th, 2015, 09:19 PM
So glad to hear things went well! Take care of yourself too!

Sylvia H
January 27th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Glad to hear the good news, and that you have a friend with you while you are staying at the hospital. My continued wishes for Jeff's speedy and healthy recovery.

CARRIE M
January 27th, 2015, 09:35 PM
So glad to hear that the surgery went well. How fortunate that you have a friend who is a nurse there. Here's to a speedy recovery for Jeff and that you don't get worn down taking care of him!

MRoy
January 27th, 2015, 09:41 PM
I'm glad the surgery is over and Jeff came thru it well. I hope you both can get some rest tonight. (((HUGS)))

alliek
January 27th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Made it through, now onto healing. Many blessings being prayed for you and Jeff. ((()))

Carrie J
January 27th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the update Barb, and very glad Jeff is now on the road to recovery, long though it may be, be sure to take care of yourself as well! Prayers continue here for both of you! :D

AnnieBQuilter
January 27th, 2015, 10:02 PM
I'm glad everything went well. I have been thinking of you both today. Take care of yourself while the RNs are caring for Jeff.

Annie

ilive2craft2
January 27th, 2015, 10:11 PM
So happy to see this update! Been thinking about you both all day. Try to get some rest while he is resting - you need your strength and health for when he gets to go home. Continued prayers for both of you.

dhubert
January 27th, 2015, 10:16 PM
That's great Barb! Prayers for both of you from Texas!

sewbizzy
January 27th, 2015, 10:17 PM
Barb, thank you for the update on Jeff...glad the surgery is over and also glad you are able to stay with him...sending more prayers...

Sandy Navas
January 27th, 2015, 10:26 PM
Whew! Bet you both gave a gigantic sigh of relief. I know your report made me feel that way. I've had you both in my heart and on my mind all day long. Here's to a quick and very successful recovery period. Glad you have someone special there with you (other than that guy you love so much, that is - he's a given!!)

Now you can start to rest some. I pray this added stress doesn't cause a lupus flare-up for you. So, be sure you take care of Barb, too.

Live to Quilt
January 27th, 2015, 10:31 PM
Glad to see your update, been thinking about both of you.
Prayers for you both and a good and quick recovery.

Jean Anne

bscuzz
January 27th, 2015, 11:05 PM
Good to hear you're over this hurdle and prayers for rest and healing for you both!

laura44
January 27th, 2015, 11:06 PM
So glad it went well. Hope you both get some rest!

auntiemern
January 28th, 2015, 02:12 AM
So happy to hear all went well. Prayers continuing from here. Keep us informed on his progress.

Madeforyouinma11
January 28th, 2015, 02:16 AM
Glad everything went well. Keeping you both in my prayers.

Bjvarizona
January 28th, 2015, 02:21 AM
Please be sure to take care of yourself! So glad all went well.

MayinJerset
January 28th, 2015, 03:21 AM
Keeping you and Jeff in my thoughts and prayers, Glad you are able to stay with him during the night, it will make both of you feel better,

Iris Girl
January 28th, 2015, 06:34 AM
So happy surgery went well. Healing thoughts for a speedy recovery. Hugs to both of you!

TheYarnmaiden
January 28th, 2015, 07:15 AM
HUGS, happy thoughts, and rest for you both =^.^=
(and thank you for keeping us updated)

easyquilts
January 28th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Barb.... Glad to hear that the surgery is over, and that Jeff is doing well.... Prayers for you both.

shermur
January 28th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Continued prayers and thoughts, Barb! Tell Jeff your quilty friends are thinking of him and I wish him a speedy recovery! Hand in there, Sweetie!

Monique
January 28th, 2015, 08:48 AM
I am glad it all went well. May his recovery go as well. And yes, take care of yourself too.

Ginny B
January 28th, 2015, 08:54 AM
So glad to hear the surgery is over and that you could stay with Jeff. It's good that you have a friend there too. Take care of yourself.
Wishes for a speedy recovery.

Grandma G
January 28th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Great news! So happy that this is behind him now and he is on the road to recovery. Get some rest yourself. Caregivers are very important people!

aqua-teal71
January 28th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Sorry this is late. Prayers for both of you for no infection and successful outcome.

GrammaBabs
January 28th, 2015, 11:48 AM
thinking and praying with and for you both... Hugs, B

IBake
January 28th, 2015, 03:46 PM
God looks after his own. Am glad that things went well. Will keep both of you in mh prayers...

Vickie1965
January 28th, 2015, 04:47 PM
You're both in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself too!