PDA

View Full Version : Rant: What I saw today...

GuitarGramma
January 27th, 2015, 08:17 PM
I was driving to the gym today and stopped behind a car at the four-way stop sign one block from my house. At that moment, a fire truck turned on its siren FULL BLAST. I could tell it was close and to the left.

And the car in front of me pulled into the intersection and turned left DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THAT FIRE TRUCK. I absolutely could not believe it. The fire truck driver laid on his horn and kept it blowing until the truck was completely through that intersection. I don't blame him one bit. Who knows what other insane driver might think it was OK to pull in front of a speeding fire truck?

Sheesh! (Rant over.)

Midge
January 27th, 2015, 08:56 PM
They are lucky to be alive. Texting/talking on cell or just drunk?

shirleyknot
January 27th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Probably just stupid. I see a lot of that around here.

irishrn
January 27th, 2015, 09:04 PM
I am amazed at the stupidity of some drivers!
My father used to say they got their license in a Cracker Jack's box!!

Kgrammiecaz
January 27th, 2015, 09:07 PM
That is so sad to see drivers still doing this. They put many lives at risk by not paying attention to the traffic going on around them. A bunch of dummies.

Simply Quilting
January 27th, 2015, 09:20 PM
I'm glad that no one was hurt. You would not believe how many people either are not paying attention or think that they can "beat" whatever emergency vehicle is coming.

bhaggerty
January 27th, 2015, 09:21 PM
That drives me BANANAS!
I cannot believe how cars do not pull over for fire trucks and ambulances!
If their lights & sirens on are on, then someone's life is on the line....PERIOD!
Some people do not have respect or they really only care about themselves!

GuitarGramma
January 27th, 2015, 09:35 PM
It really was unbelievable. It was made worse by a septic tank repair truck blocking our entire lane about 25 feet from the stop sign. Both of us had had been directed to go into the wrong lane to pass and get around the truck. That alone put me on high alert! Apparently it dulled the other driver into idiocy.

shirleyknot
January 27th, 2015, 11:14 PM
A lot of times it isn't because they don't know, but that they don't care. ME FIRST!

sidesaddles
January 27th, 2015, 11:38 PM
They are lucky to be alive. Texting/talking on cell or just drunk?

Or deaf..lol