PDA

View Full Version : Evacuation and Shopping....

buckeyequilter
January 27th, 2015, 02:08 PM
We had to evacuate work today, high pressure gas leak, so I went shopping at WalMart. Picked up some fabrics for bags....it was on clearance. Picked up a few zippers. Got lunch and now I'm back at work....hope they have the gas leak fixed.

HandsOffItsMine
January 27th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Yikes, yeah I hope they got that gas leak fixed Shirley! ;)

At least you were productive during your down time. lol

Be safe!

KnitWitRosie
January 27th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Yikes is right!!! Gas leaks are nothing to mess with!! Glad they got you out of there and you were able to go "play" for a bit. :D

Live to Quilt
January 27th, 2015, 03:07 PM
So glad you are safe. Can't pass up a chance to by fabric. Glad all ok.
Have fun sewing them all

Jean Anne

auntiemern
January 27th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Stay safe GF. We haven't gotten together yet for our carb and cussing date ;)

Midge
January 27th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Not the typical break at work, but considering that stash acquisition was involved, all is good.

buckeyequilter
January 27th, 2015, 06:38 PM
I'm home....a local company is going to start working on the gas line tomorrow morning at 7 a.m.

Here is what I bought today....most of it was 3.00 yd. I plan to make totes/purses and accessories. I don't have plans for the striped fabric yet....maybe binding on a quilt.

The black and white is my favorite.

Jean Sewing Machine
January 27th, 2015, 07:05 PM
I'm home....a local company is going to start working on the gas line tomorrow morning at 7 a.m.

Here is what I bought today....most of it was 3.00 yd. I plan to make totes/purses and accessories. I don't have plans for the striped fabric yet....maybe binding on a quilt.

The black and white is my favorite.great finds! I've used that striped fabric for several projects, it makes a great binding!

Carrie J
January 27th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Gas just scares the yoohoo outta me, and nothing to mess with for sure. Glad you had the evac, got some time to fabric shop and you're safe!! We must've been doing ESP today on fabric, ROFL! ;)

Simply Quilting
January 27th, 2015, 10:11 PM
Those are some nice looking fabrics. I'm looking forward to seeing the projects that you make from them. Several years ago, in the town that we live in, there was a house that exploded from a gas leak. It sounded like a bomb going off. Dh was at work at the time and even over the loud machiner it could be heard. Sadly, three people lost their lives.