PDA

View Full Version : My DGD Kate in MA

irishrn
January 27th, 2015, 10:47 AM

My 1 year old GD looking out her back door in MA!!
WOW!! And it's still snowing!

MayinJerset
January 27th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Snow must be such a wonder to a 1 year old. Don't think my 18 year old DGD in MA is looking out the back door with the same look of wonder on her face as she knows she will be out there soon clearing the cars and driveway.

Sandy Navas
January 27th, 2015, 11:15 AM
It would be a wonder to know what goes through the minds of a little one when they first experience the snow. Durn, my memory doesn't go back that far.

GrammaBabs
January 27th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Good morning all!!!! YES indeedy,,, it's snowing in MA....:)) 20" now and snow expected until 7:00 pm!
We are hunkered down,,, with generator at the ready!!( to keep the freezer full , safe) Tub filled with water, and of course the snow blower is right in the front of the garage for Mr. Bill to get out there and PLAY when it stops... (that is if he can hold out til' then,,, he loves playing with the machine and flinging snow all over the place),,, Tablet is fully charged so I can read if we lose power and there's a pretty good chance of that with the winds... We are in a retirement comm... so we are lucky,, we are always the first to get the power back , being a bunch of old folks..:)))))
My hope is that we don't lose power and I can just sew my way thru this!!!
My friends are in FL.. for the winter,, but you'll never see me do that... if ALL my "stuff" can't come with me... I AIN'T GOING..hehehehe...:) GB

bubba
January 27th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Is that a sliding door with the snow that deep against it? I can still remember the first time I saw snow. I was just short of three years old and my mom took my two older sisters, me and the one after me on the train to South Dakota for spring break while the older two were out of school. This was when spring break ran from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday. Anyway, there we were in Madison SD (the lower SE corner of the state) in spring and the snow was deeper than I was tall!!! I don't remember doing anything in it, but I do remember being bundled up and out on the sidewalk.

Jean Sewing Machine
January 27th, 2015, 04:52 PM
Amazing amount of snow! Stay safe, you New Englanders!

HandsOffItsMine
January 27th, 2015, 05:32 PM
She is adorable and it has to be a white wonderland in her eyes. :)

irishrn
January 27th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Is that a sliding door with the snow that deep against it? I can still remember the first time I saw snow. I was just short of three years old and my mom took my two older sisters, me and the one after me on the train to South Dakota for spring break while the older two were out of school. This was when spring break ran from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday. Anyway, there we were in Madison SD (the lower SE corner of the state) in spring and the snow was deeper than I was tall!!! I don't remember doing anything in it, but I do remember being bundled up and out on the sidewalk.

That is the storm door that leads to the deck in the back yard! It is much higher now! My DDIL said she's measuring the snow against the door in Kate inches!!

irishrn
January 27th, 2015, 07:42 PM

My DS left for the airport Monday morning and expects to be home by Thursday night.
He sent this picture to his kids today!
They always miss him when he's gone for the snow!!
And he comes back totally exhausted!

Simply Quilting
January 27th, 2015, 10:23 PM
I remember the children wanting to play it in when they were very little (around a year old). We would bring in some snow in a container to let them play with it. Their faces had sheer joy of playing with something new. Then they found out that it was cold and wanted nothing to do with it.

When I was little, the biggest thing that I remember about snow was we had more of it than what we do now. We would bundle up in coveralls, boots, gloves, hats, and scarves to go out to play and do chores. As hard as it was to do chores when it was cold, it was much better than when the snow started to melt and there was mud everywhere.