PDA

View Full Version : Tuesdays are my kinda day

Blondie
January 27th, 2015, 07:51 AM

Good Morning, rise and shine, it's Tuesday, Folksies!
It is a day like today that makes me glad I live where I do. I mean, just looking at all the snow up north - made me want to make a hotter fire in the woodstove. brrrr! Now, I realize that there are peeps (like my oldest son) who absolutely love snow and all the activities that go with it. He wrote and said last week they had a measley 5 inches of snow last week and sent me a pic of Eleanor Joy, my sweet grand:

What a cute snow bunny! GrammaBabs, and the rest of my New England pals - keep warm and safe. I would enjoy just looking at it from inside with a nice warm cuppa!

Allie, prayers for your daughter .

Yesterday was a wasted day for me. I didn't tell you yesterday morning but I had been awake for like 36 hours - for some reason I could not sleep. No, it was not coffee overload, lol. Just one of those things that happen now and then. So yesterday after Luscious left for work I thought I would nap on the sofa while dreaming of paint chips. You can only imagine how much sleep I got. Nada. The phone rang a lot, so I put it under a pillow in another room. The pooch, that chubby chi chi, Grace kept jumping up and trying to make ME a lot more comfy for her to lie on. Then someone was banging on my door, trying to sell meat from a truck. OY! Enough. So, I sat with some stitching and watched a bit of netflix. When hubs got home, I must've looked like I felt because he ushered me to the bedroom, closed the door and said good night. I finally got some sleep. Yay for me. I feel like a new person. Watch out world, Blondie's back, she's awake and feeling fine. I could even pack up for Sandy and Al single-handedly.

Y'all have a pleasant day. If you need a happy thought, Spring is only 51 days away. Time to get those seeds planned out.

Hugs, prayers, many blessings and happy smiles

Monique
January 27th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Good morning. I did not get a chance to get here yesterday morning. All rested from the quilt retreat. Yesterday was SO cold the jeep did not want to start. I needed a vehicle because I had a consultation with a doctor, so I took hubby to work and came back home. I did not get anything accomplished. My colonoscopy is scheduled for Feb 27. I see my doc on Wednesday for a biopsy and then next week for my mammogram. I will be glad to be done all these tests.

I have a chipmunk visiting in the back room, so I set a trap for that. Boosted the jeep and got that going, added oil and brake fluid to the van. A woman's work is never done.

I found out yesterday that a friend of mine, who introduced me to the quilt trips to Pennsylvania, is now in Palliative Care. She can have visitors, so I will stop in tomorrow and see her. This will be so difficult for me. Please pray for Kathy.

Have a great day everyone.

Blondie
January 27th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Monique, prayers for your dear friend, Kathy, right this moment. Arms around you, too.

Good morning. I did not get a chance to get here yesterday morning. All rested from the quilt retreat. Yesterday was SO cold the jeep did not want to start. I needed a vehicle because I had a consultation with a doctor, so I took hubby to work and came back home. I did not get anything accomplished. My colonoscopy is scheduled for Feb 27. I see my doc on Wednesday for a biopsy and then next week for my mammogram. I will be glad to be done all these tests.

I have a chipmunk visiting in the back room, so I set a trap for that. Boosted the jeep and got that going, added oil and brake fluid to the van. A woman's work is never done.

I found out yesterday that a friend of mine, who introduced me to the quilt trips to Pennsylvania, is now in Palliative Care. She can have visitors, so I will stop in tomorrow and see her. This will be so difficult for me. Please pray for Kathy.

Have a great day everyone.

Mpyles
January 27th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Good morning! So glad you got some rest blondie. Very very very rarely does insomnia ever strike me. Most days you could run a marching band through my bedroom and I wouldn't wake up. In fact this morning when my alarm went off for the 5th time DH screamed at me. Lol..it frustrates him. Oh well...I am what I am!

Last night I went to ufo club. There were prolly 50 of us and all but 2 had completed their projects for the month. Not bad! No plans other than work today! Will work on this months ufo when I get home.

Monique, prayers for Kathy and you. Everyone have a great day!!

MRoy
January 27th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Good morning! Prayers for your friend Monique and hugs for you. Blondie, I have insomnia sometimes too...don't like it!

DH and I may be taking his aunt to the doctor this morning. She started having a lot of pain in her knees yesterday. She needs to see an orthopedist so we're hoping for a referral. Maybe her daughter who lives 2 hrs away will drag her sorry butt down here and check on her after we get her some treatment. (Sorry, just had to vent a little.)

I hope everyone in the northeast is safe and warm at home. We've got a little snow and maybe some ice (school was cancelled today). Happy Tuesday!

cmhquilter
January 27th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Good Morning everyone. I don't post a lot but I do enjoy reading them every morning before hopping in the shower and getting ready for work. My prayers to those suffering through the blizzard and all those struggling in other ways. Almost done with my French Rose blocks and excited to put it all together. Hopefully it will be a wedding present for one of two nieces getting married this summer. Smiles to everyone!

MayinJerset
January 27th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Blondie, That little GD of ours is beautiful enjoying the snow with a big beautiful smile.

This Tuesday hasn't started out to be one of my kind of days. Was up around 5 and made myself a big mug of tea to drink while I looked through my recipes as this morning I planned to cook up a few meals to pack away in the freezer. Only had one sip of tea before it toppled over and spilt on the table, chairs, floor and cook book. Saved most of the recipes as cook book is a small binder with plastic sleeves for the recipes and had to use towels to dry the floor as mop is frozen in snow outside the back door.

Hope I'm not jinxing our area but although it is still snowing we don't seem to have as much snow as predicted. Snow is falling softy and it doesn't seem to be windy but maybe old Mother Nature isn't finished with Jersey. Last blizzard I remember was very scary for me as DH was working on the power company's line crew and he was out there for a day and a half getting power back on. Blizzard of 83 was when DGD#2 was born and DS had to stay the night at the hospital because his car was buried in snow. Will check with family later to see how they are doing - DS#! and DS#2 here in Jersey and DS#3 who lives between Boston and Cape Cod in MA.

Monique just know Kathy will be happy to see you,No matter what the weather is where you are keep warm and safe.

irishrn
January 27th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Morning all! Happy Tuesday!
Yesterday started off like every other day. Let CASEY out, then back in; hot cup of tea and off to the iPad!
DH got up at 8 so coffee made for him. Then at 9 workman showed up to start on the roof. No call, no nothing! Just. " here we are!!"
So we scrambled to get dressed and ready for whatever that would bring! Needless to say, I was on Casey duty as the workman had both gates open in the back yard, so he was a leash walking dog all day!
Managed to get last zipper pouches done and box is ready for mailing!
Don't know if the workman will be back today or not! But I'm ready for them this time!!!
I hope everyone is safe and warm. Up north family is hunkered down at home and DS will be at the airport working till at least Wednesday night before he gets home to the family in MA. He really hates the snow and the cold but he is up there none the less!!

Midge
January 27th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Good morning everyone! It's just getting light here and I'm on my first cuppa, so Tuesday is looking pretty darn good right now. Blondie I feel your sleeping problems. I was the world's best, fastest and most sound sleeper (you might ask how I know I owned this crown in former years) until menopause, and it's been downhill ever since. Now I count myself fortunate indeed if I can get a stretch of 6 hours. It happened recently, and I'm still pretty much rested from that, even though I promptly returned to the 3 hours with a break pattern. Dear quilty friends, do not be tempted to take benadryl, Nyquil or get into prescription sleeping pills. As an advanced practice psych nurse, the evidence is mounting that these can trigger or worsen any cognitive problems. And for sure we want you here quilting and telling us newbies how it's done! But enough whining and lecturing. I've got to finish my coffee and get the still snoring doggie out for his walk. Although with the wind chill today, I am definitely going to avoid a lakefront trudge. We didn't get much snow at all, only about an inch, but we sure got the wind and the cold. Today I am going to start straightening out the moving mess from my sewing room. This is the last room to be organized to livable status, and boy do I miss having things at my fingertips! I'd love to get some sewing going this evening. There are some quilt blocks all organized into row groups with their clips and labels just calling me to start putting them together. I think an easy dinner is in order to maximize sewing time, don't you? Today will be chicken broth from the carcass of the roast I made, then turn that into cauliflower soup.

Monique, so sorry to hear about your friend. Spend time with her soon, and wrap her in your love.

Have a great day!

CarolynK
January 27th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Good morning all!

Take care of yourself Blondie and glad you got some good rest. Sending prayers for Kathy, Monique and hoping for the best.

More of the same today at work. It's going to be 70 degrees again today and am loving this but this weekend will blow in a reality check. Oh well, I'm enjoying it while I can.

The coyotes are howling this morning and the fur kids are singing right along with them. It's a hoot when they hit the high notes!

Hugs and prayers for each of you!

Carolyn

Cathy F
January 27th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Morning all,
Was up and down last night checking on the storm, got up again around 6 then tried to go back to bed for awhile but sleep was elusive. Looking out the window and I feel like I'm in a snow globe. The wind is still blowing and the snow is still coming down, but we have not lost any power. From what I hear on the local news there is not much power outages, thank goodness. According to the local news our town has gotten an accumulation of 21" so far.

Planning on being in the sewing room for a while today. I found a quilt in a box in the upstairs closet from (?), at least 20 years ago. In the box was the top, extra fabric, and some partially pieced border. Two borders are on the top already. I may just see if I can figure out how to finish it. The quilt top is an Irish chain but I must have decided to do a pieced border on it and have to figure that part out!

Hugs and prayers for all that need them today especially Barb and Jeff.

Grandma Nan
January 27th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Good morning

So glad you got some sleep Blondie and Monique we will keep your friend Kathy close in our hearts. Gramma Babs and other north easterners stay warm and safe.

I have been pretty busy trying to get my heart pillows done before I go on holidays. I have about 60 shells done and ready to be stuffed by the ladies - I will only miss our 1st meeting but they wont get that many done in one day. I'm the only one in the group that has a sewing machine but what a wonderful group of volunteers these gals are. Very under appreciated group. Most people in the hospital and community thinks that the hospital buys these pillows and provide them to heart surgery patients. Little do they know we either pay for the materials ourselves or beg for discounts at stores and occasionally we get donations. We hand out about 500-600 per year. It is a very dedicated group of ladies; only about 8 of us each week. We work for 3 months then take 3 months off and keep that going.

I am going to take some knitting supplies to my sister today. She is starting to feel enough better (broke her back in a car accident about 3 weeks ago) that she is getting bored and wants to try doing something even if it is only for a few minutes at a time. I got her a little knitting loom that you dont need to use needles but you can make some pretty neat things. I also got her some needles and yarn for those 3 stitch scarves. They work up fast. So if she gets along ok with that I can get her some more materials.

My sister and mom live in a town about 20 minutes from me so I will check in on mom and dad today too. Haven't been there since Friday so I want to see how she is doing. She was a bit confused last week (more than normal) so hoping she doesn't have another urinary track infection. It is so devastating what they can do to an elderly person.

DH has been up and actually gone to the dump to get rid of our construction garbage. I'm afraid I will not get settled into my sewing room before holidays but the walls are all primed and ready to paint as soon as we get home so I am a very happy camper. I'm going to have the Grand Opening in March LOL. I'll have my cousins (who I quilt with each week) in for dinner and an evening of stitch and *itch. We have so many laughs in an evening your face hurts at the end of the night.

Well better get going.

Ginny B
January 27th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Good morning everyone. Waking up to a winter wonderland here. It's still snowing but not heavily. No rush to get out there for the shoveling yet. No work for me or dh either. It will take some time to dig the cars out but we will just take it easy. Didn't lose power so that is a very good thing.

Blondie, glad you finally got some sleep. Monique, (((hugs))) to you as you visit with your friend.

May, I hope there are no more spills in your future today. I am going to head to my sewing room shortly and spend time with some fabric. Stay safe and warm everyone and have a great Tuesday.

Renate
January 27th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Blondie, what a sweet Girl at the swing. She Looks so cute, please give her a big hug.

Getting no sleep makes us really crazzy. I would have used earplugs and a big pillow over my head in your Situation or kind of killed the meat selling man ... just joking. Your Darling did well to send you right to bed.

We also got some snow yesterday, only about 10 inches, but it was enough for all the car Drivers to forget how driving a car works. I seldom go out in the evening, but we had a Little dinner with the Girls from our ladies golf Team. Both ways I drove save, no Problem. Nicole served us a special meal known in the Valaise, a canton of Switzerland. It is called "Cholera". Yes you read it right, like the deseas. It comes from the time, Cholera was at the Valaise canton and the People were not allowed to leave their houses. So they had to cook what they had at home, grown at their farms.
Here is the receipt:

You Need: puff pastry, potatoes, apples and grating cheese, salt and pepper
Take a baking tin, like one for a cake. Put the puff pastry inside, that the baking tin is covered inside (i don`t know how the right word in english).Slather the puff pastry with milk. Peel and slice the potatoes very thin, on layer of potatoes (salt and pepper over the potatoes), also peel the apples and slice them not to thin, one layer of potatoes, one layer of grating cheese, than again one layer of potatoes (don`t forget salt and pepper), again one layer of apples and another one with gratin cheese. On top put a layer of puff pastry and slather it with milk. Than put it into the oven for 90 minutes and 180 Celsius = 356 Fahrenheit. Bon Appetit

WendyI
January 27th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Morning all...still not much new to report with me these days. I spend a lot of time on Netflix in my room . I'm so bored and lonesome. No one asking to see the house this week and it's getting more and more discouraging as time goes by.

Blondie, sorry to hear about your insomnia...I had that when peri-menopause hit and it comes and goes. Not fun. Monique so sorry to hear about your friend. (((HUGS))) Everyone else, stay safe and be careful. Sending lots of love and (((HUGS))) to those who need them. xox

Amy R
January 27th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Monique, praying for Kathy and you.
Blondie, insomnia is the worse. I actually took my alarm clock out of my room back in the day when a toddler wasn't my alarm so I didn't stare at it freaking out how little sleep I was getting. Sometimes that helped.
Wendy, I am sending good positive thoughts your way for yourself and for the house to get grabbed up quick. It is a beautiful home I'm sure once the weather lets up a little it'll go quicker.

There was no good packing snow for an Olaf yesterday so we just had a snowball tossing run around the yard time. Niko loves the snow he buries his big dane nose and had snow and ice crystals stuck all over his whiskers and his big pancake (jowls). Soph actually had a good time too with her snow suit and snow gear.
I am done with my windmills pattern quilt and look forward to starting DH's gruesome walking dead zombie quilt.

Hope everyone has a good day. Hugs and prayers where needed.

Oh, and random request from the little one yesterday whilst on the potty: "Can I go potty on Uncle alfie's potty?" My brother who lives in FL. Bit of a distance I just about had a laughing fit. She thinks of him often, just wish he'd call her. But that's another story.

ravelim
January 27th, 2015, 11:22 AM
May, hoping you have no more spills. I seem to do this on a regular basis. But I identified with your mop. When we first moved to northwest Iowa, it snowed so much more than the middle of the state and I was always mopping the floor. Well, anyway I,too, would find my mop "snowed in" .

Barbara and Jeff happy anniversary. Monique, hugs for you and friend.

Blondie glad to hear you could finally sleep.

We are having weather that is beautiful 50 degrees. But by beginning of next week we'll be back to winter. But I'm going to love it anyway.

Hugs for everyone.

LRM
January 27th, 2015, 11:29 AM
In spite of the name, that sounds delicious! I like that you say "only 10 inches". Obviously you live where snow is part of life! Thank you for sharing the recipe with us. I will give this a try.

GrammaBabs
January 27th, 2015, 12:00 PM
You are one amazing, generous woman my friend... have you thought about a little group for these heart pillows??? Let me know what they consist of,,, I might be able to help a bit...:) B
Good morning

So glad you got some sleep Blondie and Monique we will keep your friend Kathy close in our hearts. Gramma Babs and other north easterners stay warm and safe.

I have been pretty busy trying to get my heart pillows done before I go on holidays. I have about 60 shells done and ready to be stuffed by the ladies - I will only miss our 1st meeting but they wont get that many done in one day. I'm the only one in the group that has a sewing machine but what a wonderful group of volunteers these gals are. Very under appreciated group. Most people in the hospital and community thinks that the hospital buys these pillows and provide them to heart surgery patients. Little do they know we either pay for the materials ourselves or beg for discounts at stores and occasionally we get donations. We hand out about 500-600 per year. It is a very dedicated group of ladies; only about 8 of us each week. We work for 3 months then take 3 months off and keep that going.

I am going to take some knitting supplies to my sister today. She is starting to feel enough better (broke her back in a car accident about 3 weeks ago) that she is getting bored and wants to try doing something even if it is only for a few minutes at a time. I got her a little knitting loom that you dont need to use needles but you can make some pretty neat things. I also got her some needles and yarn for those 3 stitch scarves. They work up fast. So if she gets along ok with that I can get her some more materials.

My sister and mom live in a town about 20 minutes from me so I will check in on mom and dad today too. Haven't been there since Friday so I want to see how she is doing. She was a bit confused last week (more than normal) so hoping she doesn't have another urinary track infection. It is so devastating what they can do to an elderly person.

DH has been up and actually gone to the dump to get rid of our construction garbage. I'm afraid I will not get settled into my sewing room before holidays but the walls are all primed and ready to paint as soon as we get home so I am a very happy camper. I'm going to have the Grand Opening in March LOL. I'll have my cousins (who I quilt with each week) in for dinner and an evening of stitch and *itch. We have so many laughs in an evening your face hurts at the end of the night.

Well better get going.

GrammaBabs
January 27th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Snow Alert!!!
For those that like to "see but not get"...LOL..
This is "right now" from my kitchen window of my front porch.. it will be snowing until 7pm... they say right now... NYC99466 dodged the bullet

Carrie J
January 27th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Good Morning All!
Blondie, glad your Luscious pushed you gently to bed and shut the door. I remember that well when the dreaded menopause hit, then it went away thank goodness. DH's always said, "watch her. she'll fall asleep on her feet, if she does, just stand her in the corner." LOL, now I'm back to a normal 8 hrs, thank goodness. And the pix of you GD is just darlin'!

May, hope no more spills come your way today, why is it coffee or tea is usually the culprit AND on a book?
Monique, prayers for your friend, and Hugs to you.
Amy, LOL, loved the pix of Sophie and the Niko, we used to call that exuberance "doggy madness" after a snowfall, LOL!

Bright and sunny here, close to 70 today, so those of you in colder climes and in all that snow, I'm wishing you warmer weather and a fast snow melt! Of course, our roller coaster weather here, by Saturday we won't get out of the 40's and again it will be wet and cold. Yeah, I know, I shouldn't be whining, lol! Off to pick up my glasses today (YAY) , then hit the sewing room. Looking forward to finishing this top, and while over at the Dr's office, I might just sneak over to WalMart. Hugs and Blessing to all, and especially those that need them!

Simply Quilting
January 27th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Good Morning!!! Sunshine this morning but I've not checked the temperature. Yesterday I finished the second frost girl top. I put it with the pile of the other tops that are done but need fabric to finish the backing and binding. Then I started watching videos of making pillowcases. I watched both Jenny's and Crafty Gemini's videos. Each one has their own measurements for size of cutting the fabric but a total of 36 inches for the two main pieces. On this one fabric, I'm using the cutting size of Jenny's but the sewing of Crafty Gemini's because she did french seams.

On a side note one of the things that I learned is the Babar fabric (from MO*) has a the background fabric around Babar in the shape of an elephant. Amazing the things you notice at 2:30 in the morning.

I'm going to spend some more time with pillowcases today. I have been trying to decide what quilt that I want to work on next.

Praying for Barb and Jeff.

Blondie, glad that you are more rested today. What a sweet granddaughter.

Monique, prayers for your friend and you. May you have a nice visit.

Grandma Nan, I hope that your sister heals quickly.

Renate, that sounds like an interesting recipe. One that I will file for when we study that time period. I really like to have time true recipes when we work on history.

{{HUGS, Wendy}} Praying that your house sells soon.

Have a great Tuesday everyone :)

For those in the northeast, praying that you stay warm and safe. Amy, it looks like they are having lots of fun outside.

rebeccas-sewing
January 27th, 2015, 02:19 PM
I was out back tending to the pool and as I'm walking on the decking out there I'm noticing a trail of tiny turds. What the heck? We get oppossums and I think raccoons and also rats now and then. I think they are attracted to our citrus trees. I googled the excrement for each of the animals mentioned and they don't excrete anything that looks like these turds. Having had rabbits that's what it looks like to me. However, our yard is surrounded by very tall cement block walls and I see no other way for a rabbit to get in the yard. What a mystery!!!

Granny Judy
January 27th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Hello everyone... just got in from a doctors visit. Gotta have an endoscopy exam tomorrow at 9:30. Takes 2 or 3 hours to get one done.. Been having a lot of debilitating pain just below the sternum (old surgery site from 2011). So we are on the journey to discover what Is causing so much distress... I'm an old GERD patient that had surgery to keep the acid from the stomach from coming up into the throat and lungs. Been doing quite well for the past 3 1/2 years.. but recently, not so good.

Hoping it is only some adhesions.. so Keep your fingers crossed for me.. and a prayer or two will be greatly appreciated. These days I'm lucky to get any sewing done and the house is in a mess. But none of it will go away..and is waiting for my attention. LOL

We are warm and comfortable here in Central Illinois.. just cold outside and an inch or so of snow on the ground. No new stuff is expected.

Hugs to all and will check in as soon as I'm able... I love to come here and see how everyone is doing, esp thru these cold blustery days. So please know that I shall return.

Amy R
January 27th, 2015, 02:39 PM
Prayers for you Judy!

Over40momma
January 27th, 2015, 04:14 PM
Good morning and afternoon everyone! It's snowing here in the Great White North but just a dusting and no high winds like some of you are having.

Judy keeping prayers going that is only something minor they can fix up right nice for you.
Blondie, glad that you are more rested today.Insominia is not fun, that's for sure!
Monique, prayers for your friend and you. Enjoy your time together today.
Grandma Nan, I hope that your sister heals quickly and will keep her in my prayers too.
Wendy, houses tend to sell faster in Spring than in the winter....simply because people don't like tramping around in the cold. Try to keep your spirits up as best you can and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Not much going on here, I have done very little sewing, quilting or anything else for that matter. Had my youngest to the trauma psychiatrist on the 22nd. Doctor says she is suffering from a very severe case of PTSD. My heart just breaks to think of the damage to this sweet, gentle, caring 12-year old girl. How I wish I could fix it with a kiss and a hug like I did when she was little. Dang it all, she's still little and I am as mad as a wet hen over what has been done to her. But rage is not the answer or the cure. The doctor is pulling every string she can to get her into treatment ASAP and that is truly a blessing. Do not think me ungrateful for even in the eye of this storm, blessings have come. The doctor said if it hadn't been for our slightly "odd" and wacky family base, my daughter would probably have committed suicide by now. Home is her haven and her anchor where she not only feels safe but truly loved for the wonderful person she is. (Even if I do make her clean her room! :lol:) So we are all in a kind of holding pattern, I guess you would say, until we know definitively what is to happen next.
Sorry for the long-winded post, it's just alot to cope with at the moment, but I didn't want you to think I had abandoned you all. Take care and have a safe, wonderful day!

Amy R
January 27th, 2015, 09:04 PM
Oh my Sandy B. that is a lot to deal with. Prayers for your DD and you as well.

Sandy Navas
January 27th, 2015, 10:39 PM
Hello everyone... just got in from a doctors visit. Gotta have an endoscopy exam tomorrow at 9:30. Takes 2 or 3 hours to get one done.. Been having a lot of debilitating pain just below the sternum (old surgery site from 2011). So we are on the journey to discover what Is causing so much distress... I'm an old GERD patient that had surgery to keep the acid from the stomach from coming up into the throat and lungs. Been doing quite well for the past 3 1/2 years.. but recently, not so good.

Hoping it is only some adhesions.. so Keep your fingers crossed for me.. and a prayer or two will be greatly appreciated. These days I'm lucky to get any sewing done and the house is in a mess. But none of it will go away..and is waiting for my attention. LOL

We are warm and comfortable here in Central Illinois.. just cold outside and an inch or so of snow on the ground. No new stuff is expected.

Hugs to all and will check in as soon as I'm able... I love to come here and see how everyone is doing, esp thru these cold blustery days. So please know that I shall return.

Most definitely sending prayers. You'll be on my mind tomorrow. The housekeeping can wait - tell the rest of the family to shake their tail feathers and do it while you recover. Then get your doctor to write a 'quilting only' recovery note.

Grandma Nan
January 28th, 2015, 12:11 AM
Good morning and afternoon everyone! It's snowing here in the Great White North but just a dusting and no high winds like some of you are having.

Judy keeping prayers going that is only something minor they can fix up right nice for you.
Blondie, glad that you are more rested today.Insominia is not fun, that's for sure!
Monique, prayers for your friend and you. Enjoy your time together today.
Grandma Nan, I hope that your sister heals quickly and will keep her in my prayers too.
Wendy, houses tend to sell faster in Spring than in the winter....simply because people don't like tramping around in the cold. Try to keep your spirits up as best you can and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Not much going on here, I have done very little sewing, quilting or anything else for that matter. Had my youngest to the trauma psychiatrist on the 22nd. Doctor says she is suffering from a very severe case of PTSD. My heart just breaks to think of the damage to this sweet, gentle, caring 12-year old girl. How I wish I could fix it with a kiss and a hug like I did when she was little. Dang it all, she's still little and I am as mad as a wet hen over what has been done to her. But rage is not the answer or the cure. The doctor is pulling every string she can to get her into treatment ASAP and that is truly a blessing. Do not think me ungrateful for even in the eye of this storm, blessings have come. The doctor said if it hadn't been for our slightly "odd" and wacky family base, my daughter would probably have committed suicide by now. Home is her haven and her anchor where she not only feels safe but truly loved for the wonderful person she is. (Even if I do make her clean her room! :lol:) So we are all in a kind of holding pattern, I guess you would say, until we know definitively what is to happen next.
Sorry for the long-winded post, it's just alot to cope with at the moment, but I didn't want you to think I had abandoned you all. Take care and have a safe, wonderful day!

Sandy what a load you are carrying. I am happy in these days of slim resources that you have found someone to support you and your daughter. My hugs and blessings are going out to you and I hope that you can get the necessary treatment for your DD-she is so young to be going through this.