PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Talk 101

bubba
January 26th, 2015, 12:24 AM
So, now that I have probably completed at least my 137th Bow Tucks bag, I will commence in ripping said bag apart!!! I handed it to MM to ooh and aah over and he said 'This pocket is all floppy. Is it supposed to be like that?' I asked him what he was talking about...there were no floppy pockets in that bag. I can make that bag in my sleep!!!

Well..........*#($(%*)(*()#@)(*#(@*#)(@*)(*%)(*()* %*%*$*#@((@(@($*$*$!!!!! Someone forgot to sew all the sections down on one of the inside linings!!!

Yes, yes indeed it is floppy!!!!!!! (*&%#@@$%^&&*)*)(*%$####&!!!!!!!!

Carrie J
January 26th, 2015, 12:26 AM
Uh, um, ROFLMBO! Poor Pat!

Doloris
January 26th, 2015, 12:29 AM
ROFLMBO. Can you just do them by hand???

Sonic
January 26th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Pfftt...I'd call it good and say that's what makes this bag extra "speshul"....one of a kind! :D

Live to Quilt
January 26th, 2015, 12:33 AM
So sorry Pat, that is caused by working on remote lol sorry you have to rip. Good luck

Jean Anne

pcbatiks
January 26th, 2015, 12:34 AM
Time to back away slowly from the sewing room! :D

Simply Quilting
January 26th, 2015, 12:57 AM
:( Time to take a break. I hope you can find a way to fix it without having to completely take it apart.

bubba
January 26th, 2015, 12:58 AM
No, I could not do it by hand........I thought about it over dinner and decided I would take out the bottom inside seam of the lining and work from there. Miraculously, it worked!!! Not the easiest thing I've ever done, but the person, whomever she is, won't know the difference!

Quiltfreestyle
January 26th, 2015, 02:39 AM
I feel for you, that would make me just want to throw the whole thing out!! Glad you found a relatively easy solution, rather than ripping the whole thing apart. Good job!

Amy R
January 26th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Ah crap. It just wasn't a lucky weekend for a bunch of us!! The somewhat benevolent frog is turning into Jack the ripper!

kimsophia
January 26th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Ah crap. It just wasn't a lucky weekend for a bunch of us!! The somewhat benevolent frog is turning into Jack the ripper!

I'm so confused...what is the frog and frogging y'all talk about?

Midge
January 26th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Pat, put down that seam ripper and back out of the sewing room! You need a coffee break, preferably with a rich, high calorie muffin. Warmed of course. And you make me feel much better knowing that even an expert has the occasional oopsie!

Sandy Navas
January 26th, 2015, 11:43 AM
I'd super glue that pocket in place and add a safety pin.:icon_heh:

Grandma G
January 26th, 2015, 12:59 PM
Aarh!! I bet you WERE pirate talking! Glad you were able to take care of the problem and hopefully with a minimum increase in your blood pressure.

Carrie J
January 26th, 2015, 01:05 PM
I'm so confused...what is the frog and frogging y'all talk about?

Kim......................
Frog says "ribbit, ribbit", hence "rip it". Jack the Ripper, Ripper Chronicles.................the play on word(s) and phrases continues, LOL!

Hey Pat, don't feel too bad, though I laughed, last night I sewed a pouch, and forgot to OPEN THE ZIPPER, bwahahaha! Did get it open, but had some pirateese flowing fluently around the room!

Andrea F
January 26th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Oh no, how annoying. I can imagine all the wonderful pirate words that came to your mind then. lol. Glad you were able to fix it.

bubba
January 26th, 2015, 02:55 PM
When I made the Margo bag the other day, as I was putting in the zipper I was talking to Doloris on the phone. Well, it was very distracting and I nearly forgot to open that zipper! My saving grace with that one is that the zipper is put in the lining, so there was the escape hatch.....

Carrie J
January 26th, 2015, 03:03 PM
I'd super glue that pocket in place and add a safety pin.:icon_heh:

ROFL, that is very similar to "bailing wire, duct tape and a prayer" Sandy!!!!! Modified to the world of sewing!