PDA

View Full Version : The last Tutu I made was..........

Divine Daisy
January 24th, 2015, 08:40 AM
number 26 of 26 Tutus I made for a show many years ago. I swore then as I clipped the last thread that I would never ever EVER ever make another tutu. And I haven't until now.

It appears that tutus are like child birth. You forget that 18 meters of net for an adult tutu drowns you in pink as you sew. That the 36 meters of ribbon twists around itself and you and the dog who is sleeping under the sewing table. Only 11 more to go plus two half ones for dogs.

Then...........

I am never ever EVER ever making another tutu

MayinJerset
January 24th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Daisy, Are these for the Cancer Walk? If they are it is worth the effort as you and the dogs will look Fabulous!
Oh, how did the 'discussion' about the dog's pink diamond collar go?"

Bubby
January 24th, 2015, 09:06 AM
It sounds like a fun project even if it's fiddly.

Divine Daisy
January 24th, 2015, 09:13 AM
yes they are for the walk and yes they ARE worth the effort and more :) I was just remembering why I swore I wouldn't make another lol. Lou will have her diamond collar........was there really any doubt? I told him to ask her.........he rolled his eyes but asked and got the 'collie ears' so that was that.

He doesn't deny me much for long lol, and it seems now that if he does I have Lou to beat him down.

Truth is lol, he can't deny me anything cause I would just ignore him anyway...........smirks

MRoy
January 24th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Just keep thinking about how DIVINE you and the dogs are going to look! Do you have a pink diamond necklace to match Lou's collar?

Jean Sewing Machine
January 24th, 2015, 10:10 AM
You will look divine! Here in the US, the moms are making them for their little ballerinas by cutting strips of net and looping and tying the strips around a ribbon that is tied around the waist. I've made several for costumes and they go together really easily! Are you making authentic tutus? That would be a real pain!

Snip Snip
January 24th, 2015, 11:57 AM
I've made several for grand daughters and one or two for sock monkeys. You can buy that stretchy lacy "headband" material by the yard, for the waistband. Not much trouble, really, but the netting doesn't hold up to much wallowing around on the couch and such, as 6 year old girls do. They get mashed and icky looking before very long. I have tried to find a more substantial softer netting, but haven't put much effort into it.

Sandy Navas
January 24th, 2015, 12:01 PM

Bet yours are prettier than this one . . .

auntiemern
January 24th, 2015, 03:04 PM
We need pics. I have never made one, and have no plans to do so.

Monique
January 24th, 2015, 10:31 PM
Really, are you sure about that?

BellasQuilts
January 25th, 2015, 12:13 AM
I want pics when they are done!