PDA

View Full Version : JEFF'S SURGERY

Bubby
January 23rd, 2015, 08:29 PM
Jeff's hip replacement surgery has been rescheduled because he's in almost unbearable pain since yesterday. His surgeon has him scheduled forthe pre-op testing Monday morning and surgery Tuesday. It can't wait until February 17th as planned.

Please pray for this procedure. Jeff has extreme apnea and they plan to keep him in recovery for an extended period of time until they are sure he's stable. I plan to spend the night in his room if they will allow me to do this. This surgery should make a tremendous different in the quality of Jeff's life, but it isn't without some significant risk.

Thank you in advance for your prayers. The Girls are going to be boarded with our vet and this is going to make them very unhappy but they will be in good hands.

pcbatiks
January 23rd, 2015, 08:33 PM
Barb, glad to hear that they moved up the date for Jeff's surgery rather than making him wait. We will be praying for a safe & successful surgery. Both of you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Carrie J
Oh Barb, I so hate to hear this and pray that the surgery is exceptionally successful and relieves Jeff's pain immediately. Prayers also for you, it's always so hard when your spouse undergoes something so extensive. {{{Hugs}}}

buckeyequilter
Sending prayers for both of you.

Ginny B
January 23rd, 2015, 08:34 PM
I will keep Jeff, you and Jeff's doctors in my prayers. Remember to take care of yourself through this too. How far is the hospital from your home?

Sandy Navas
January 23rd, 2015, 08:36 PM
Oh, most definitely - the prayers are coming and will continue. I'm kinda glad for both of you that it is being moved up - that will help relieve a bit of the hurry up and wait anxiety. They will treat him with kindness and care!

What else can we do to help you out?

Iris Girl
January 23rd, 2015, 08:36 PM
Sending you both healing thoughts and hugs for a great outcome and speedy recovery.

Simply Quilting
January 23rd, 2015, 09:05 PM
Barb, glad that they were able to move up the surgery so that he will be out of pain sooner. Praying for a quick, smooth recovery for him and that you are able to have peace and not be worn out as you are there as he recovers.

If you need anything, we are here for you. Just let us know what you need.

Grandma Nan
January 23rd, 2015, 09:10 PM
Sorry that Jeffrey is in pain but it will be nice to get this over and start on the road to recovery. I hope everything goes well and I am sure the hospital will accommodate you. However, don't over do it yourself. He is in good hands in the hospital and you will need your strength when he comes home.
I can't offer to help out locally but I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Grandma G
January 23rd, 2015, 09:18 PM
I'm guessing in the long run sooner is going to work out better than later. I don't see why they won't let you stay with him in his room. Usually only when the patient is in ICU will they not allow it. Prayers for a wonderful outcome.

BTW - take a quilt to cover up with if you spend the night. It has been my experience having spent many nights in a hospital with loved ones that it gets very cold. You can ask for more blankets but I have always used them to make that darn chair that turns into an uncomfortable bed more comfortable.

God bless.

Kgrammiecaz
January 23rd, 2015, 09:20 PM
It seems crazy sometimes that surgery gets schedule so far out. So good to hear they moved it up for him. Will keep you and hubby in my thoughts and prayers as well

songbird857
January 23rd, 2015, 09:28 PM
Prayers headed your way for Jeff AND you :)

mommamarsh
January 23rd, 2015, 09:30 PM
Will think good thoughts for both of you . My DH had hip replacement and he said that he was in less pain the day after the surgery than he was the day before surgery . Hope you all have the same results .

ilive2craft2
January 23rd, 2015, 09:31 PM
Glad to hear that surgery has been moved up, but sorry that he is in so much pain! Take care of yourself during all this. I know you will take good care of Jeff!

Do you have some hand sewing projects to help keep you busy as he is in surgery/recovery? Nothing big, just a little something to make you feel productive and keep your mind focused - binding on mug rugs or placemats. Hugs and prayers for both of you.

Sonic
January 23rd, 2015, 09:34 PM
Thoughts and prayers for a quick surgery and uneventful recovery.
My kiddo had apnea as a baby and his recovery after emergency surgery at 7 months old was tricky, so I understand.
Here's a hint, if they "say" no you can't stay in the room with him, throw a hissy fit.
It usually works.
(....ask me how I know this. ;) )

sewbizzy
January 23rd, 2015, 09:39 PM
Barb, I will keep Jeff, you and his surgeon in my prayers...I am so glad we got to talk a couple days ago...it is a surprise that the surgery would be moved up from Feb 17th, but surely the best for him...my husband stayed with me for couple nights....I'm sure it would be okay...hugs and blessings, Carol

Gina
January 23rd, 2015, 09:45 PM
Sending prayers to both of you!

BobW
January 23rd, 2015, 10:05 PM
Barb,

You and Jeff will be in my thoughts. I hope the surgery goes as well for Jeff as it has for several of my friends. They all say they would have had it done sooner, if they had known how much better they would immediately feel.

Take care (Both of you)

HandsOffItsMine
January 23rd, 2015, 10:17 PM
Barb,

In a way, this is probably better for Jeff. You will both be in our prayers, I told everyone in the family the other day about Jeff's upcoming surgery. We'll be sure to say our prayers and send those healing light beams his way.

I'm sure you can stay with him over-night. Like Ginny said, a thick quilt, your favorite pillow, pj to change into , slippers, hand-work and kindle/ipad/phone/chargers, toiletries, book/magazine if you don't use ebooks, snacks as well for when the cafeteria is closed. Kat is such a pro at nursing Matt the first 3 days. This was her immediate list she put in the pm the other day for you when we were talking. ;)

I'll be there with you in spirit and giving you a big cyber hug on Monday.

Huggers, Ruby, Don, Kat, Matt and Peeps

Amy R
January 23rd, 2015, 10:24 PM
Thank God they can move it closer for him. Will be praying for you two. Quick recovery and smooth road to healing!!

bec
January 23rd, 2015, 10:27 PM
So sorry to hear about Jeff's unbearable pain, but glad that they are able to reschedule for him. Praying that the Lord will guide the surgeon's hands and that Jeff make a remarkable recovery.

laura44
January 23rd, 2015, 10:30 PM
Poor guy! You have both been thru a lot. Prayers being sent your way!

ozziepuppy
January 23rd, 2015, 10:52 PM
Positive thoughts and prayers to you both.

rebeccas-sewing
January 23rd, 2015, 11:23 PM
I'm so sorry to hear he's in so much pain, Barb. I'm very glad to hear they're operating sooner. Poor guy. I feel so bad for him.

CARRIE M
January 23rd, 2015, 11:49 PM
Prayers for both of you. I know when he is feeling better you will be too. Be sure to take care of yourself as well.

Angelia
January 23rd, 2015, 11:56 PM
Thinking of both of you.

Mpyles
January 24th, 2015, 12:14 AM
Barb,

Where is he having the surgery at? Is there anything I can do for you both? Just let me know. Hugs and prayers to both of you!

MRoy
January 24th, 2015, 12:26 AM
Prayers for Jeff and for you. My mom fell and broke her hip several years ago. Surgery was required for that, then later she started having intense pain in that hip like Jeff is having. Her surgeon said she needed hip replacement surgery and she asked if he could do it the next day. She was ready for some relief as I'm sure Jeff is. (((HUGS)))

MBCA
January 24th, 2015, 01:30 AM
Sorry to hear that his pain has accelerated but good that they were schedule him sooner, hopefully they will fix him up. Praying for both of you, take care of yourself.

Panda
January 24th, 2015, 01:49 AM
Barb, I will keep you and Jeff in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Kathy

Genny
January 24th, 2015, 01:59 AM
Barb...I'm sending prayers Jeffs way...and hugs your way. Hope hes home recovering real soon.

MayinJerset
January 24th, 2015, 02:24 AM
We're all praying and/or having good thought that the surgery goes well and that Jeff recovers quickly,
also keeping them going for you.

K. McEuen
January 24th, 2015, 02:34 AM
I hope everything goes well for his surgery. Sorry he's having so many problems but better to get it out of the way now than to have to wait.

Jean Sewing Machine
January 24th, 2015, 02:40 AM
Oh Barb! So sorry he is in so much pain! I hope the new surgery schedule gives him relief from the pain and he is on the mend soon! Prayers for you both!

auntiemern
January 24th, 2015, 03:52 AM
Barb, of course prayers will be said for a successful and safe surgery. If you need anything, I am not all that far away....so please feel free to ask if there is anything I can do to help.

maxwellthecat
January 24th, 2015, 03:52 AM
I am so happy they are not waiting until February. He is in too much pain and needs it done now. Please keep me posted and as you know, I am always praying for you and Jeff and I am praying that he feels like a new man after this.

dlsnaples
January 24th, 2015, 05:47 AM
Prayers and hugs for both of you. Prayer that the pain will settle so that you can have a decent weekend. Where is the hospital located? Pack more than you think you will need since it won't be simple to run home. Special note to say extra prayers on Tuesday.
Please keep us posted.

Monique
January 24th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Barb, sending prayers that Jeff's surgery goes 100% and that there are no issues to deal with.

ravelim
January 24th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Will think good thoughts for both of you . My DH had hip replacement and he said that he was in less pain the day after the surgery than he was the day before surgery . Hope you all have the same results .

I totally agree. I've had both my hips done. I hope Jeff's go as well as mine and the other people who had surgery that same day. Extreme difference in pain level. Prayers for you both.

Madeforyouinma11
January 24th, 2015, 12:37 PM
So happy that they are taking care of him sooner than later. You will both be in my prayers. Please give us an update when you can.

donella
January 24th, 2015, 01:59 PM
I hope he feels 100% better after the surgery.Once years ago when my dad had hip surgery in a catholic hospital with 2 patients to a room they would not let us stay the night with ny dad because we were the opposite sex.Now most rooms are single beds to a room but I was so upset with them and never wanted him to go back there.

Suzette
January 24th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Praying for your hubby and for you!

Granny Fran
January 24th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Keeping you and Jeff in thought and prayer. DH had both knees done several years ago (not together, but back to back surgeries) and he said the diff in pain was amazing.

May you both get enough rest before and know we are all here for you in spirit if not in person.

AnnieBQuilter
January 24th, 2015, 10:47 PM
I'll be keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything goes well. I hope the girls do OK.

Annie