PDA

View Full Version : Just need to share...

easyquilts
January 20th, 2015, 08:18 PM
January 8th wax the Furst anniversary of my husband's death, and today would have been our 47th wedding anniversary... It's been really hard.... I miss him so very much. I miss the "wetness" of married life.... The closeness that comes with a very long marriage... I miss having someone to cook for. I miss the little "in " joked, and the looks across the room that said "I love you ".

I miss sleeping next to my Sweatheart of so many years....

I miss just knowing he was in the same house with me...even if we were in different rooms.

I miss so many things.... Time really makes no real difference.... The missing never goes away....

vchale
January 20th, 2015, 08:24 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Anniversaries are rough. I know the grief gets easier to bear but never really goes away. You can always come here for support. Allow yourself to feel sad but remember all the good. Hugs.

Carrie J
January 20th, 2015, 08:27 PM
Sending you the warmest and gentlest of{{{{{{ hugs}}}}} Sandy.

bscuzz
January 20th, 2015, 08:34 PM
Sandy, do you 'talk to him' . . . I know that may sound strange, but I have over time 'eased my pain' by having conversations with those who were closest to me that I have lost. Mostly, for me, it's my dad . . . he was a unique intellect with such dry humor and I miss him terribly, even after many years. It wouldn't be the same as having him there physically, but it does fill a need. Just my thoughts to you 'cause I'd like to help lessen what is obviously such a hard time for you. :icon_hug:

quiltingtrish
January 20th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Hugs for you Sandy. No, missing him never goes away and as mentioned above, I think talking to those we love that we no longer have physically in our life really does help to ease the pain. I talk to my Mom all the time - I just know she knows it.

Sandy Navas
January 20th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Ahh, Sandy. The anniversaries will remain the hardest, but know we're here for you to lean with and listen to your heart. Hugs to you as you brave it through this very difficult time.

RiverMomm
January 20th, 2015, 08:59 PM
Oh Sandy, your post brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry that you are without your beloved today. As you deal with your grief, I hope the happy memories and love creep and and hug you.

I just walked over and gave my husband a hug. He looked a little confused when I said that hug was from Sandy to her husband.

laura44
January 20th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Yes, missing the little (and big) things are the hardest.
Remember all the wonderful years you had together.
Sending hugs your way.

Claire OneStitchAtATime
January 20th, 2015, 09:14 PM
Feeling your pain, Sandy xxxx

Grandma G
January 20th, 2015, 09:20 PM
I know this is a hard day for you. What wonderful memories you have of him. Will you get used to him being gone? When you have loved as hard and as long as you have probably not. The best you can do is take one day at a time and find whatever joy you can, wherever you can.

Your words remind me of the kind of love my husband and I have and I have to admit, scare me a little should I not pass before him. You are in my thoughts and prayers and remember we are here for you.

HandsOffItsMine
January 20th, 2015, 09:44 PM
(((Sandy))), your words remind many of long married that it's those little things that make a marriage oh so special. I know you're missing him on today and every day. Sure wish I could give you a big hug right now.

Like others mentioned, do you talk to him. My Mams has been gone now for 15 years last December, I talk to her every morning and evening as I pass her chest in the living room. I know when there is something funny on TV or on FB and I laugh, I'm thinking, Mams would think this is funny - I can hear her laugh. It gives me comfort to know that she's still around me.

Surely it's a different love than what you have for your husband but I too think it would help you, knowing he hears you...

Prayers and huggers, Ruby

Granny Fran
January 20th, 2015, 09:48 PM
Sandy, know you are loved.

TRLSRL72
January 20th, 2015, 09:50 PM
It amazes me how so many people always come together here and offer so much support. It is such a blessing. Sandy, I can only hope that one day my husband and I will have as many years together as you and yours did. What a wonderful love the two of you shared. Sending prayers and hugs to you.

Jean Sewing Machine
January 20th, 2015, 09:55 PM
Thinking of you Sandy, and remembered your husband's passing last January, but didn't remember you had your wedding anniversary right after. Hope each of your days are filled with some joy of memories to help ease the pain of your loss.

Shirley
January 20th, 2015, 10:00 PM
Sandy, hugs to you. So sorry for your loss. There are so many things to miss. My husband died 15 years ago. Unbelievable it has been so long.

songbird857
January 20th, 2015, 10:42 PM
{{{{{{Sandy}}}}}}

alliek
January 20th, 2015, 10:49 PM
(((((()))))))What a wonderful marriage you had, the memories are bittersweet yes, but how wonderful to have had that love. God Bless your heart for peace and joy.

Eriepatch
January 20th, 2015, 10:53 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope the love and concern from this forum gives you some comfort at this time

dwil23
January 20th, 2015, 11:03 PM
(((HUGS)))

marytfnp
January 20th, 2015, 11:34 PM
Hugs Sandy.

Grandma Nan
January 20th, 2015, 11:40 PM
((((Sandy)))). There are no words that I can say that will make you feel any better. Just know we are here for you on the forum. Cherish your happy memories.

CARRIE M
January 21st, 2015, 12:04 AM
Sandy, you are so dear to all of us. Sending hugs your way.

MBCA
January 21st, 2015, 01:48 AM
Hugs & prayers for you and may the good memories ease your loss.

Kgrammiecaz
January 21st, 2015, 02:38 AM
Hugs to you. Its hard but those memories are good ones.

dlsnaples
January 21st, 2015, 02:49 AM
Warm hugs, Sandy. I think the alone times are the hardest to deal with. Be kind to yourself. Prayers for peace and balm for your soul.

stationarymom
January 21st, 2015, 02:55 AM
Sandy I'm sorry for the pain you are feeling,you must know that he is still there with you.My father is like you so very much in love with my mother and she has been gone for 14 yrs now.My dad does talk to mother when he needs to and it always seems that when he needs her the most we see a white butterfly.I'm sending hugs to you.