PDA

View Full Version : TGIS

Blondie
September 3rd, 2011, 08:05 AM

Good Morning Everyone
Not only is it Saturday, my own personal hooray day, it is the actual beginning of a three day weekend for so many! I certainly hope everyone has a fun filled, safe holiday weekend here in the states.

We finally got some rain two nights in a row. More clouds, thunder than rain - still we are thankful for each drop. the next week promises some more of the wet stuff.

I began working on a new gourdhead Santa doll the other day. I am experimenting with a new clay that I found and I am not sure if I am going to life it. It feels great to work with but when it air dries it cracks too much. I think I will have to build facial features very slowly. I spent far too many days fixing and filling in the cracks. I do like how he is looking. Here is a sneak peek:

I have spent far too much time here trying to
1. get in
2. get in
3. get in

Now it is time for me to
1.get up
2. get dressed
3. get going

I will try to check in later. No promises. This is going to be a great holiday weekend for me. I may not be back online until Tuesday. Just saying . . .

Bubby
September 3rd, 2011, 08:42 AM
Good Morning and TGIS to Blondie....Aren't three-day weekends wonderful! We're hoping DH doesn't get called in to work on his holiday. Our plans are no plans!!! A quiet weekend sounds like heaven if it has a little sewing thrown in! Have a safe holiday...

donnah818
September 3rd, 2011, 10:02 AM
Good morning Blondie, I can't wait to see this Santa finished. He looks very folkart like. Donna

Lola2Ace
September 3rd, 2011, 10:21 AM
Glad to hear you got some rain finally Blondie. Good thoughts and prayers to all, I am so far behind on reading, I don't think I can catch up. No plans for us either Barb, but I kinda like it that way. I am hoping to sew all weekend. I have Ace's quilt sandwiched and basted (LAST weekend) and I really want to start quilting it, the table runner is about 1/2 assembled and I would love to get that done as well, also have another baby set order-everything is cut out so I just need to do the embroidery on all of the pieces and sew everything,I still don't have the friendship braid quilt done either and to clean up this sewing room in the process of everything else would make me very very happy!
I hope everybody has a great weekend

debinmalaga
September 3rd, 2011, 10:42 AM
Good morning all! Day Two of my five day weekend, so I'm chipper. Today I plan to sandwich the fourth qfk quilt and get started on the quilting. We're all dieting so no cookout at our place this weekend (other than the usual - chicken breast!), but that's okay, I'm happy to chillax and to sew. Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Sandy Navas
September 3rd, 2011, 10:53 AM
Three day weekend? Five day weekend? Just another day here in the woods for me. Speaking of which (I sometimes feel like LRRH) the ugly wolf wants to pick up sticks today if the weather holds. And then he'll expect me to bake some cookies for him. I can't speak too unkindly of him (never) because he did take me to my favorite BBQ place for ribs last night. I could eat BBQ every day of the week - and this place is the BEST I've ever had. Small, independent, local owners . . . YUMMY.

Haven't seen much of the grandkids since school started (Mom homeschools), and I feel like I've had withdrawal symptoms. But, Mom is strict about them getting their work done first and play afterward.

Everyone have a wonderful Labor Day weekend and ENJOY time relaxing, spending time with family, doing what comes naturally. I'm sending you prayers and hugs. Oh, and warm wishes, too.

bec
September 3rd, 2011, 11:08 AM
Good Morning everyone! It's going to be HOT, HOT, HOT today with temps around 102. ugh! I hate this much heat and humidity! We have a little get-together to go to today and it is outside! I'm thinking I'd rather stay home in the air conditioning and quilt, but have the feeling that DH is going to want to go.

Wishing you all a fun holiday weekend!

toggpine
September 3rd, 2011, 12:28 PM
Morning!
Off to do chores, give the house work a lick & a promise before company comes tomorrow and in to town to see the new baby.

Jan congrats on Emily's numbers going up!

Everybody have a great day doing whatever makes you happy!
Cathy

janluna
September 3rd, 2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks Cathy, and thank you for keeping her in your prayers! Joe and Heather are having a hard time about sending her back to school. The Doctors are saying let her go back. I'm with the kids. Schools are known hot beds of germs. Heather is in her Momzilla mode, as she calls it. I'm with her.
Have a wonderful weekend with your friends and families! Enjoy! Hugs, Jan L.

Sandy Navas
September 3rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
Jan, I'm so understanding Heather's viewpoint, and your support. However, what does Emily want? Does she wear a mask at all? I pray that her numbers keep going up and up and up!!

One of my nieces (as I think about it, she's my only niece) was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis when she was about six or seven years old and they were advised to keep her in bed all year and keep her out of school. As she's gotten older and looks back (and found out she does NOT have RA) she really feels like she missed so very much of her childhood.

What a decision. May God guide everyone.

Txgrandma
September 3rd, 2011, 05:17 PM
Hello everyone and happy Saturday, gave the house a quick pick up so heading to Joann's for the Labor Day sale then the sewing room. Was finally able to get my quilts to the LAQ yesterday. She is the sweetest lady and I had such a good time visiting with her, she is very experienced when it comes to quilting and is very eager to help us newbies. I think I could sit for hours and talk with her if we both had the time. I know I'm going to learn so much from her and I think have a great friend too. I came away from her feeling so good, it was a wonderful pick me up. She gave me great compliments on how square my quilt tops and backings were. It really made me feel good about what I've done so far and made me want to come home and get busy doing more. I hope I can help others in the same way as I learn. I am so excited to get the quilts back I can't hardly stand it. It may be a month before I get them though, she does the quilting in the evening and on weekends, she is new to the are and hoping to build up a business here so she can do it fulltime and quit her day job and, I plan on helping her all I can. I hope everyone here has a great holiday weekend, be safe and be blessed. Prayers and hugs for all.