PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever wonder what it was like to be an Angel?

K. McEuen
January 15th, 2015, 11:52 PM
A Blue Angel, that is. A whole different view than we usually see. Shot from a "dashboard cam". Hit full screen, sit back and enjoy the ride, courtesy of the U.S.Navy.

http://youtu.be/W6tB8Lf7YoU

bscuzz
January 16th, 2015, 12:17 AM
Whoa, what precision - - gave me butterflies in the tummy!! Embarrassing when I have trouble sewing a straight line!! :icon_confused:

Navy Wife
January 16th, 2015, 12:18 AM
Love those guys! We lived on base in Pensacola and enjoyed watching their practices and coming home from shows every Monday. They are very special men, not only great pilots, but the very best PR the Navy has. They speak to groups and visit hospitals and many other things. Love those guys!

Until our son became a pilot, not in jets, I had no idea how hard it is to control those planes. I knew it had to be difficult, but it is exhausting. The tiniest movement of the controls can cause a big difference in what the plane does. They're the best! Air Force Thunderbirds are great also.

kensington
January 16th, 2015, 12:19 AM
When we lived in Officer Housing on Pensacola NAS... Our neighbor across the hall was #3 Blue Angel.

laura44
January 16th, 2015, 12:23 AM
We see them once or twice a year in the San Francisco Bay area.

Navy Wife
January 16th, 2015, 12:29 AM
Kensington, when were you there? My DS was on the swim team with the daughters of the CO. Tom was 10 with wings of gold in his eyes! We lived in the Crescent Quarters. I loved it!

Carrie J
January 16th, 2015, 12:49 AM
Awesome! :D

auntiemern
January 16th, 2015, 01:19 AM
Thanks for this. Amazing.

shawnan
January 16th, 2015, 03:59 AM
There is nothing more awesome than seeing the Blue Angels in action. I was fortunate enough to see them at Jones Beach a couple of years ago. Thank you for posting the video.

Nancy

CarolynK
January 16th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Wow! That is nothing short of amazing.

Vonnie
January 16th, 2015, 10:44 AM
They are awesome - thanks for sharing this!

I never saw them perform but did see the Thunderbird's perform when we lived on MacDill AFB back in the early 80's. We did not bother to drive to the flight line, we just sat in our yard and watched from there. Could not see the landing and take offs but saw them in the air.

quiltingtrish
January 17th, 2015, 12:16 AM
My daughter is in Pensacola right now and enjoy watching them every week while they practice. Of course the week we were there in June, they took the week off or something like that. I do remember seeing them at an air show sometime in my life, they were cool! Thanks for sharing the video.