PDA

View Full Version : This is not a rant

Sandy Navas
August 29th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Sometimes we learn and sometimes we have to be taught. Sometimes things go smoothly, and sometimes there are bumps in the road. Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Sometimes I don't know what I do know.

So the technician returned this morning, as promised, to finish putting our new quilting frame together - actually the frame was already together but the support for the machine was missing some hardware. All goes well, it's hooked up, and the upgrade done on the computer, and now it's time to see it in action . . . and it isn't working right. Now, I'm just to the point to learn how to use this system . . . and now we have to wait for a new machine to be shipped.

I'm glad I am an easy-going person. I am glad I don't know any curse words. I'm glad I really like the machine and my dealer . . . but I am really, really sad.

newbiequilter
August 29th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Sandy, I'm sorry you are having this 'bump in the road'. Maybe someone here can say a few curse words for you! You are all ready to try this new machine and now you have to wait. Not fair!

Bubby
August 29th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I hate this for you. I know when I have something new I want to be able to use it sooner than later. I guess you will have to find something fun to do in the meantime. Barb

stitching woman
August 29th, 2011, 07:29 PM
So sorry Sandy but hopefully it will get resolved very quickly.

Bernice

Loonwatcher
August 29th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Oh Sandy. How frustrating. But when all is said and done you'll be so happy you'll forget this part. Patience my dear!

Monique
August 29th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Oh Sandy. I could teach you a few curse words in french if you like. Patience is indeed a virtue. Sorry to hear about your trouble with the frame. Kick back, have a glass of wine or two or three....and then you laugh. What else can you do, right?

meemeecyn
August 29th, 2011, 08:05 PM
What a bummer! No wonder you are sad and disappointed. Hopefully the new one comes in early and ready to go. Keep the faith, Sandy. You have such a positive outlook...another example of when life gives you lemons, you make lemondade. Take care, Friend.
Cynthia

debinmalaga
August 29th, 2011, 08:21 PM
That really bites! So sorry for this frustrating delay.

quiltingtrish
August 29th, 2011, 08:29 PM
AAHHH! Can feel your frustration - but will pray your new machine gets put on the fast lane at the post office. We are jumping up and down waiting right with ya!

Hugs,

Dragonfly
August 29th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Sandy I am so sorry this has happened, it's the sort of thing I usually get. Seeing as how I feel like you are my sister, here's an offer for you. I've just bought the Avante HQ18, we picked it up last night, how would you like to come on over, have a coffee with me, help me set it up and we can both play. :icon_happy:

janluna
August 29th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Oh Sandy, I'm so sorry. This is for you: what the @@#$!, You mean to tell me you @@*&^(#!.
and the always popular, Take this frame and S%$&# it (* @@$$!!!!!
Feel better now!?! Anything for you Lovey!! Hugs, Jan L.

newbiequilter
August 29th, 2011, 09:44 PM
LOL, Janluna!

janluna
August 29th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I'm so baad! As Gilly says " Sorry" But I couldn't resist.

tamsterg7
August 30th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Oh, I am so sorry you are having these challenges - and I know lots of cuss words and can make up a few to use for you - that's what friends are for!

rebeccas-sewing
August 30th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Sandy!!! I read the word frame!!! Does this mean you are in the process of setting up a long-arm quilting system? If so, I am soooo envious!!! All I have to say is "Lucky You!" If my suspicions are correct, please tell us all about it and show pics. I want the low-down. How did you decide which one, etc.?

mamaquilt
August 30th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Sandy, I say all the curse words you want. As a foreigner to the English language, curse words are among the first you learn. I can also help you out with curse words in Luxembourgish, French, German, some Italian or Portuguese. The 2 last ones you learn here in school or in the street, as we have lots of Italian and Portuguese people who work in Luxembourg.
Well I said them all now and I hope it worked. Otherwise there is always the word PATIENCE and I'm sure one day your frame'll work.

Blondie
August 30th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Well dang, I for one am not only jealous that Sandy has this machine that WILL work, I am jealous of Monique and Michele knowing how to curse in many languages. How handy is that! I am sure it sounds so exotic and if said with a smile, Kiss my a*# could sound like an endearment. (which btw is the only bad thing I know to say in Spanish.)

quilter.martha
August 30th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Sandy, once it's up and running, the sweeter it will be for you having endured this struggle. Hang in there! We're all with you.

Sandy Navas
August 30th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Well dang, I for one am not only jealous that Sandy has this machine that WILL work, I am jealous of Monique and Michele knowing how to curse in many languages. How handy is that! I am sure it sounds so exotic and if said with a smile, Kiss my a*# could sound like an endearment. (which btw is the only bad thing I know to say in Spanish.)

Funny, when Al and I were dating he taught me to say "Beso mi culito" - and told me to tell all his Spanish friends that. It was okay until I also told his mother . . . .we're still not speaking.

patticakes
August 30th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Oh Sandy, I feel so bad about your situation. Here's an idea for a cute scarf to make while you are waiting for this to be fixed!

Patrice
August 30th, 2011, 01:52 PM
I just hate that for you. Hope you get it all worked out soon

lamkin
August 30th, 2011, 02:01 PM
SUGAR with the right inflection is almost as good as cussing. My favorite is shrap.

S

sally
August 30th, 2011, 02:39 PM
8254 It will be worth it!

mrswindy4
August 30th, 2011, 03:17 PM
LMAO!!!! Those scarves are absolutely hilarious!!! ROFL!!!

Where can I find a pattern to make one? My sisters would look so cute wearing them!! HaHaHaHa!!!

Sandy...Hang in there, you'll be up and running soon! In the meantime, make a scarf!!! LOL!

Sandy Navas
August 30th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Well, since Patti posted the picture of me just 'hanging out' I guess I'll cash in those flight coupons and head to South Australia. Lynn has a fantastic offer for me.

Wonder if I should slip one of those neck warmers into a package I'm sending to a dear friend??

patticakes
August 30th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Not sure if there is a pattern or not. I will check around because I did see another picture similar to this. Love their tattoos!